Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya I really like that trade for all teams involved. If I'm in GS and PHX I look long and hard id this offer came across my desk

DD would work well as a sixth man in GS. And Amir will be a better fit than Lee due to his defense and ability to play off the ball more so than Lee.

Phx could give up the Indiana pick and the better of the Washington/Minny picks this season (even if it falls under protection). The Suns will be giving up one 10-15 pick and on 28-30 pick for an all-star, that is a win for them since they are trying to make the playoffs anyhow.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      Ya I really like that trade for all teams involved. If I'm in GS and PHX I look long and hard id this offer came across my desk

DD would work well as a sixth man in GS. And Amir will be a better fit than Lee due to his defense and ability to play off the ball more so than Lee.

Phx could give up the Indiana pick and the better of the Washington/Minny picks this season (even if it falls under protection). The Suns will be giving up one 10-15 pick and on 28-30 pick for an all-star, that is a win for them since they are trying to make the playoffs anyhow.
      I think Phoenix still values flexibility and youth though. I'd imagine they're looking for a younger guy like Harden.

I know Lee is probably the best option, but if he is, I'd bet Phoenix keeps its picks and trades up in the draft.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Warriors continues to be rumoured in the Kyle Lowry "sweepstakes" lol. And i'm not really that surprised, i've been saying this since day 1 that Lowry + Warriors = perfect fit.

GS is a contending team that DESPERATELY need a backup PG. And Lowry's style of play is perfect for the Warriors style of play. He could be their Jarrett Jack this year.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Warriors continues to be rumoured in the Kyle Lowry "sweepstakes" lol. And i'm not really that surprised, i've been saying this since day 1 that Lowry + Warriors = perfect fit.

GS is a contending team that DESPERATELY need a backup PG. And Lowry's style of play is perfect for the Warriors style of play. He could be their Jarrett Jack this year.
          If Barnes came back, alright, sign me up!

But what can the Warriors offer other than ensuring Toronto adds ping pong balls to their own pick?

They don't have have a first or second round eligible to be traded until 2019.

Only young player, besides Barnes, would be Draymond Green but he is nothing more than a role player.

Comment

• Green is more valuable to the W's than Barnes trust me. Can't see the W's moving him.

Mark Jackson uses Green in crunch time. He uses him to defend opposing teams best player. And Green is a guy that can guard the 1, 2, 3, and sometimes 4. And Green is a pretty good spot up 3pt shooter too. Raptors fans should know this

Barnes is more talented. But Green is more valuable to the W's.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Green is more valuable to the W's than Barnes trust me. Can't see the W's moving him.

Mark Jackson uses Green in crunch time. He uses him to defend opposing teams best player. And Green is a guy that can guard the 1, 2, 3, and sometimes 4. And Green is a pretty good spot up 3pt shooter too. Raptors fans should know this

Barnes is more talented. But Green is more valuable to the W's.
              Honestly, I have not seen a lot of Ws games. I'm not going to try to say different because I really don't know.

What I do see is Barnes plays nearly 34 minutes per games compared to Green's 21.

I'd be all over the trade though. SOmething like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nxb9oqn

GSW: Lowry, Daye, OKC 2014 pick
              Raptors: Barnes, Douglas

Sign me up.

Ws would stay under luxury tax this year.
              Next year would have 11 guys under contract plus
              Lowry's Bird Rights and MLE to use and could remain under luxury tax again.

Of course, Lowry would have to agree to being a full time backup and accept the Jarrett Jack role.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Honestly, I have not seen a lot of Ws games. I'm not going to try to say different because I really don't know.

What I do see is Barnes plays nearly 34 minutes per games compared to Green's 21.

I'd be all over the trade though. SOmething like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nxb9oqn

GSW: Lowry, Daye, OKC 2014 pick
                Raptors: Barnes, Douglas

Sign me up.

Ws would stay under luxury tax this year.
                Next year would have 11 guys under contract plus
                Lowry's Bird Rights and MLE to use and could remain under luxury tax again.

Of course, Lowry would have to agree to being a full time backup and accept the Jarrett Jack role.
                saints91 had a similar idea in trade forum I had not read.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...o-Golden-State

Don't agree with giving up 2016 first though.

Comment

• Kobe's out now for a while, leaving the Lakers with zero guys who can bring the ball up and throw it into the paint for Pau.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I know, I know the Lakers have nothing to really give but what about Xavier Henry for a guy like Buycks?

I realize the Lakers probably don't know who Buycks is but he'd be a decent young talent for them to roll with.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• No chance.. Lowry is going to the Nets or Lakers.. MU will not get us anything of value..

if we want to complete a trade with Lakers it will have to be at teh trade deadline

John Salmons to Lakers
                      for Nash + Lakers 2014 2nd round pick (if they have it)

they don't have a available 1st round draft pcik until 2019 and 10 there players are UFA at least we got the rights on vas + patterson from the gay trade

Comment

• I think Raps stand to get a better deal from someone like Minnesota who is in win mode now

Lowry + 2016 2nd rounder to T-Wolves for
                        Raptors get JJ Barea + Mohammed -- no 2014 2nd round pick

I really don't think Rubio is has strong as everyone thought he was .. greater passer, but poor shot + defend..

If they like Lowry they can resign and trade Rubio for 2015 1st rd pick ..

they have a 1.5 yr to win or Love is a UFA..

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                          I know, I know the Lakers have nothing to really give but what about Xavier Henry for a guy like Buycks?

I realize the Lakers probably don't know who Buycks is but he'd be a decent young talent for them to roll with.
                          why would lakers want to do this?

Comment

• Don't the Lakers still have their 2014 1st rounder? But are they desperate enough to give it up for Lowry, whether in a package or not? Doubt it.

Comment

• Think how this team would be a big "trade" move in 2014/2015 season

PG- scoring PG + Vasquez + Buycks
                              Guards - Derozan, Ross and Mohammed (Young scorers - we can do a 2 for 1 trade -- ?? for better SF
                              PF - Amir/Patterson
                              C - Val + decent vet backup

2014 draft - Noah Vonleh or Rodney Hood - 9th/10th pick

Trade - Salmon + Fields to Orlando for Nelson expiring contract in 2015.. should be able to get a good PG in 2015 with 2 picks (Exum)
                              Trade - Hansborough + Novak to contender for late 2015 1st rounder

we would have (2) 1st round pick in 2015 & 2016

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                                Don't the Lakers still have their 2014 1st rounder? But are they desperate enough to give it up for Lowry, whether in a package or not? Doubt it.
                                Cannot trade 1st round pick in consecutive years.. they can do a trade at/or after the draft for the pick..

Comment

Working...
                                X