Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry is having a career year. Shouldn't we try to resign him for a decent contract before trying to trade him? I mean realistically MU, can't actually trott out Buycks as our starting pg in the name of tanking and expect to sell any tix can he? Lowry would be a great player to keep at a value contract.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      Lowry is having a career year. Shouldn't we try to resign him for a decent contract before trying to trade him? I mean realistically MU, can't actually trott out Buycks as our starting pg in the name of tanking and expect to sell any tix can he? Lowry would be a great player to keep at a value contract.
      I don't see Lowry re-signing for less than $10M at the moment, given that he's making $6.2M currently. I wouldn't be surprised if Lowry would prefer to test the market before agreeing to any sort of bargain contract. Plus, given that Gay was just traded, we have no idea if Lowry even wants to remain in Toronto beyond this season.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Teams that would trade for Lowry are contending teams that need a backup PG.
        Indiana, Chicago, OKC, ATL are teams I could see wanting Lowry.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
          I'd add Brooklyn even though I can't see what assets they have for us. Possible 3 team deal though. They certainly don't care about contracts and have no picks, so they need to start winning
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            I'd add Brooklyn even though I can't see what assets they have for us. Possible 3 team deal though. They certainly don't care about contracts and have no picks, so they need to start winning
            Ah Yes Brooklyn too, I'd say NY but I wouldnt be surprised if NY has blocked any calls potentially coming from Canada...and they have nothing to offer us anyway.

Comment

• Lowry is going to IMMEDIATELY BOLT guys, he aint resigning. Trade him for scraps if possible, or he walks.

Comment

• 8:00 PM ET
                CHI
                NYK
                0 0 0 0 0
                0 0 0 0 0

Is this the Lowry bowl tonight? Felton hurt again.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Chicago and Toronto might actually be able to do something.

Realistically the Raptors have some pieces that might make Chicago a better team this year while also taking them out of the luxury tax... which is a huge concern for the Bulls and the revenue sharing that goes along with it.

The issue with the Raptors is the hard cap of $75.75M and the Bulls are actually $7.5M over the luxury tax.

I'm in full on rebuild/tear down mode thinking there so bear with me:

1) Raps makes 3 deals with Atlanta first:
                  a) DeRozan for Williams/Jenkins/2014 1st (top 5 protected)
                  b) Vasquez for Schroeder
                  c) Amir for Brand and Scott

Cuts $5M in salary, two great assets (prospect and pick), and $10M more in cap space this summer for Toronto; Atlanta gets much, much stronger.

2) With Atlanta deal done, Raptors call up Chicago:
                  a) Lowry, Hansbrough, Daye, 2nd rd for Boozer, Charlotte 2014
                  b) TPE for Hinrich

Raptors get a likely late lotto pick; Bulls get better in short term and save a whole lot of money (like $30+M).

Raptors lineup for rest of year:

PG: Hinrich, Schroeder, Buycks, Stone
                  SG: Ross, Williams, Jenkins
                  SF: Fields, Salmons, Scott
                  PF: Boozer, Patterson, Novak
                  C: JV, Brand, Hayes

*someone has to be waived.

That is a specTANKular lineup.

For 2014-15, only about $46M on the books.

Draft night Raps have own pick, Charlotte top 10 protected, and the better of BKN/ATL with enough financial flexibility to be a dumping ground for more prospects or picks.
                  Other than the Demar trade i really like this. Only thing i worry about other than Demar trade would be Boozer is his contract up at end of year?

Comment

• Felton is a very poor starting guard...

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      I would add OKC, GSW, LAL, Miami, NO, and Washington to that list of "contenders".. unfortunately not every team has draft picks if that is what MU is going for.

Comment

• Milwaukee too

if there was a way to pry Giannis (and parts) for Lowry i'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd also be willing to throw every second rounder we have it.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• The Lakers will fall apart if they don't get PG help soon.. they should be actively pursuing Lowry.
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                            The Lakers will fall apart if they don't get PG help soon.. they should be actively pursuing Lowry.
                            Problem is they have nothing the Raptors would want.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Problem is they have nothing the Raptors would want.
                              A beat up Steve Nash that could be persuaded to take a medical retirement???
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• If George Hill goes down to injury (not that I wish for that), we could give up Lowry and Fields for Granger (trade machine checks out).
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X