Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually think Lowry can return a future 1st (lotto protected 2015/16, something like that). We just might have to add some other player(s) to sweeten the deal (Hansbrough, Novak, Ross).

Here's a deal I could see netting us a 1st round pick.

Lowry to Miami for Joel Anthony, Norris Cole, and Miami's 2014 first round draft pick from Philadelphia

(Philadelphia's 1st round pick to Miami protected for selections 1-14 in 2014 or 1-14 in 2015; if Philadelphia has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Miami by 2015, then Philadelphia will instead convey its 2015 2nd round pick and 2016 2nd round pick to Miami).

That pick likely won't be available this year (but there is a chance), but it has a decent chance of being there next year. Worst case we get two good 2nd round picks and a decent player on a rookie deal for Lowry. Miami solidifies themselves as the top team and still has their 2014 first round pick.

Ujiri will be able to find a good deal for Lowry.

Comment

Agree cash Lowry in. But wait until the inevitable injury to a contender to maximize return. Also there will likely be 2 franchise type PGs (Exum, Smart) in the draft, which would nice consolation prizes if we don't get a top 3 pick.

Also for JV, I agree that he has a long way to go but he is a significant asset. My preference would be to keep the asset in case it needs to be deployed to move up in the draft. That's the only possible way to move up.

Comment

Can we please have Rajon Rondo.

Comment

We should trade Lowry for Steven Adams and grab Gary Forbes from the D League.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
            Can we please have Rajon Rondo.
            You know, I'm not saying it's at all likely, but you've gotta believe after this Gay trade that the Raps at least have better pieces to even try.

And while I like Rondo a lot, I'm not so convinced as I used to be that it's a worthwhile move for the franchise. Still though, gotta like that the team has more options now.

Comment

I think we need a floor general that can feed development. I hope that Rondo can do that.

All just whispers in the wind. Don't mind me.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                You don't think Lowry's expiring contract can get us a first round pick ?
                Nope.

Teams won't give up much for a 1 year rental, I've said this before as well, see Leandro Barbosa to Pacers.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                  Nope.

Teams won't give up much for a 1 year rental, I've said this before as well, see Leandro Barbosa to Pacers.
                  There is a significant difference between Barbosa and Lowry.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

O the Brazilian Blur whatever happened to him?

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      There is a significant difference between Barbosa and Lowry.
                      Tell me about it. Kyle Lowry is a top 10 PG in the NBA right now. Barbosa wasn't even a top 10 6th man off the bench. People gotta calm down with the hyperbole when they're trying to make a point.

Comment

Last nights post game interview and the questions about how Kyle felt about his best friend leaving cemented for me that Kyle is going to leave regardless.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                          Last nights post game interview and the questions about how Kyle felt about his best friend leaving cemented for me that Kyle is going to leave regardless.
                          Pretty sure hes going to leave wihout Gay here anyway and just test the market he will get a lot of calls no doubt. However its On Masai to get something of value for him than just letting him walk away the *Ahem BC move, Colangelos biggest faults was he was made almost everyones fool when it came to contracts and shit.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                            Tell me about it. Kyle Lowry is a top 10 PG in the NBA right now. Barbosa wasn't even a top 10 6th man off the bench. People gotta calm down with the hyperbole when they're trying to make a point.
                            Hold on, Kyle Lowry is what?

hahaha

No, he is not, until he does what he did last night more than once every few weeks, he is average.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                              Hold on, Kyle Lowry is what?

hahaha

No, he is not, until he does what he did last night more than once every few weeks, he is average.
                              His season averages have him easily in the top 10 of PG's. It's not just his game last night, he has been playing great all year.

Comment

Here's another potential trade destination.

Lowry to OKC for Perkins, Lamb, and their Dallas 2014 1st round pick (1-20 protected until 2018).

OKC has been openly shopping Lamb and wants back a new 6th man who can score. Enter Lowry. We also take on the rest of Perkins shit contract to sweeten the deal and have them send us a 1st round pick. The trade also works with Collison instead of Perkins, which would be much better considering the size of their contracts.
                                OKC could also include their own 1st round pick (this year or future) instead of the Dallas pick. Maybe work in Hansbrough in exchange for a better pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X