Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

magoon wrote: View Post
    Just a sidenote:

1.) Miami can't trade their 2014 first-rounder or their 2016 for that matter because Cleveland has their 2015 first-rounder.
    2.) Golden State can't trade a first-rounder until 2018.
    3.) Indiana traded their 2014 first-rounder when they got Luis Scola from Phoenix.
    Well shit, that just sucks now.

Comment

I think they can trade it because it's this seasons pick. I don't think the Stepian rule works in reverse like that...I could be wrong.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Just a sidenote:

1.) Miami can't trade their 2014 first-rounder or their 2016 for that matter because Cleveland has their 2015 first-rounder.
        2.) Golden State can't trade a first-rounder until 2018.
        3.) Indiana traded their 2014 first-rounder when they got Luis Scola from Phoenix.
        Yup, I remembered #1 & #2 too late... could Miami be done with conditions, to account for other trade?

#3 I had said 2 2nd round picks, so that one is ok
        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Dec 10, 2013, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
          I LOVE the Indiana option. Granger may be done but who knows.
          My thinking was that even if he doesn't, it's at least expiring contract; ie: clears space if Fields ($6.25 cap hit) or Salmons ($1M guaranteed next season) is included, in addition to whatever pick(s) are included.

Comment

Indiana isn't dishing Granger out in any deal that involves them taking on too much money to re-sign Lance Stephenson. Landry won't work.

Comment

Indiana isn't dishing Granger out in any deal that involves them taking on too much money to re-sign Lance Stephenson. Landry won't work.
              So Lowry & Salmons would work (closer to the deadline when Salmons can be traded with other players), but the Raps wouldn't get much in return... doesn't seem like a good fit between the two teams.

It seems like a multi-team trade is going to be needed to get much value back for Lowry, given that most teams that could use him don't have many assets the Raptors would covet.

Comment

I think the best thing we could do is trade Kyle Lowry WITH Amir Johnson for an expiring contract (or a 2 year contract ala Boozer) and a 2014 or 2015 first round draft pick. And there is a LOT of possible trade partners.

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...-Kyle-and-Amir
                Last edited by charlesnba23; Tue Dec 10, 2013, 08:48 AM.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  I think they can trade it because it's this seasons pick. I don't think the Stepian rule works in reverse like that...I could be wrong.
                  But you are not.

However the heat have Philly protected pick.

Comment

Say the Raptors trade Lowry to the Heat for scrubs + 2014 Philadelphia pick -- it sounds good right?

However, looking deeper into the situation, Philadelphia's pick is lottery protected in 2014 & 2015. If the pick is not conveyed by 2015, Philadelphia surrenders its 2015 & 2016 2nd round picks to Miami -- then to us.

If that's the case, I may not want to take on long-term salary from Miami because chances are, Philadelphia is not going to make the playoffs this year [or] next year & we'd have to settle for two 2nd rounders -- albeit, early 2nd rounders.

One team I would look at is Chicago. They have a need & they have assets in Snell, Teague, Murphy, Mirotic, 2014 1st round pick from Charlotte [protected] & their own 2014 first round pick. It all depends on whether ownership will mandate a 'go for it all' move & should also depend on their position closer to the deadline.
                    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Kyle Lowry, expected to be the next Raptor to change his address, told the Sun on Sunday in Los Angeles that they get it.

“You didn’t expect it to happen this fast or this soon, but you knew or at least felt it was coming,” Lowry said.

“It sucks, but it’s a business.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/12/09...de-masai-ujiri
                      Writing on the wall... from the horse's mouth.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Writing on the wall... from the horse's mouth.
                        I dont think the question now is if he will be traded the question now is where and when will he be traded

Comment

• Kyle Lowry to the Warriors for a trade exception of 6.2M$ and draft picks. What does a TE means exactly? If it's 6.M$ in cash then I'm all for that trade.

Comment

• My dreamland move is Lowry to Chicago for Mrotic(the best player in Europe). But there is no way Chicago does that, unless Mrotic says he isn't going to play for Chicago.
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Kyle Lowry to NYK for Shumpert 2018 1st rounder
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                Kyle Lowry to NYK for Shumpert 2018 1st rounder
                                Was just going to ask what the Knicks can offer. They are a mess. They need a point guard. Maybe some sort do three way trade? Who else would want anyone from the Knicks?

Comment

Working...
                                X