Thabeet Headed to D-League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thabeet Headed to D-League

*Sniff .... sniff* Can anyone else smell that? Cause I'm smelling the biggest bust since Rafael Araújo.

The Memphis Grizzlies are sending No. 2 overall pick Hasheem Thabeet down for a stint in the D-League, the team announced on Thursday.

Two sources close to the situation confirmed Thabeet's impending D-League assignment to the Dakota Wizards to ESPN.com earlier Thursday.

Thabeet is the highest draft pick ever sent to the D-League by an NBA team. Players can only be assigned to D-League duty by their NBA teams during their first two seasons as a pro.

Thabeet's assignment to the Wizards -- Memphis' North Dakota-based affiliate -- was first reported by the Web site RidiculousUpside.com, which covers the D-League extensively.
    Source - Click here

Bust of epic proportion
    Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

When you can't get ahead of Hamed Haddadi in the rotation, you know your shit

Comment

A little surprised they would do this so late in the season. He is obviously very raw and needs a lot of work and a lot of reps, so the d-league makes sense, but why now, why not 2 months ago?
        I Am Shutup

Comment

L. O. Freaking. L.

I've never seen so many analysts before the draft question a rumoured pick so much and nobody can say they're surprised. The guy is closer to Stromile Swift than Keon Clark. Ouch.

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

Hasheem Thabeet has been the Grizzlies best bench player this season.

I don't understand why they're sending him down to the D-League.
              nbaroundtable

Comment

Wish we could pick him up for a future first. Shot blocking and rebounding are sorely needed here..

Comment

Once again a team picks a player based on a need rather then selecting the best player available and end up paying for it.

Tyreke Evans would have looked great in Memphis.

Comment

This is what happens when you draft size over talent.

Comment

Working...
                    X