Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Demar deserve to be in the All-Star game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    Just like the Pistons in their 2000's heyday.
    Only 4 of them got picked, Prince was left out

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
      Only 4 of them got picked, Prince was left out
      Only 4? No wonder they only won one title and made it to two finals.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Only 4? No wonder they only won one title and made it to two finals.
        Keon! You got 8 years son!

Behave we'll see you in 4!

Comment

Hate to break it to you people. As good as DD is playing right now, he's still an unknown in the NBA world.

Now, if he can continue to play like this and the Raps somehow puts on a winning streak and be above .500 by new year then maybe he'll get some recognition. But i doubt it. Unless he puts up all world numbers.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Keon! You got 8 years son!

Behave we'll see you in 4!
            It is a dark day in my camp. But I must repent.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              Hate to break it to you people. As good as DD is playing right now, he's still an unknown in the NBA world.

Now, if he can continue to play like this and the Raps somehow puts on a winning streak and be above .500 by new year then maybe he'll get some recognition. But i doubt it. Unless he puts up all world numbers.
              Unknown? Didn't you see him on the ESPN NBA player rankings this year? He's right up there, there's only 103 players ahead of him! And that's not per 36 minutes, that's just fact.

Comment

Initially I thought you have to be kidding, Demar in the ASG?! But then I started looking for 4-5 EC guards that are having a better year. What a weak group to pick from. Lance, Afflalo and Wade easily are in ahead of Demar, as is Wall. Not sure how you would give Demar a spot ahead of Jordan Crawford either. Crawford is basically Demar plus a lot more rebounds, more assists and slightly better shooting. Best case for DD is his scoring bumps up a bit to near 23 ppg. No way they leave a top-10 PPG player off the all-star team, even though he isn't a top "all-around" guy, especially bc every candidate outside of Miami and Indy is a good player on a bad team.

Comment

I think he deserves to be in the conversation, definitely. I doubt he will be voted, but nevertheless, he deserves to have his name in the ballot. I wish he gets voted in as a reserve because his work ethic is ridiculous -- in a good way. He has polished his skills, developed moves & counters. He can slash, he has the mid-range, the post & now the 3 pointers & he gets to the free throw line. His handles are better, his awareness is better & his defense is NOT Bargnani-like as people make it out to be.

That's the Demar Derozan now. Four years ago, he could barely make mid-range jumpers. His only skills were slashing and jumping. That says a lot about his dedication to the game & having watched him improve over the course of his career, I'm really rooting for him to make it to the All-Star game.
                  “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                    On the other hand, maybe that's very likely? You don't have to pick a center anymore. LeBron, George, Melo as 3 forwards would make sense. The question is if voters will still pick a center out of habbit.
                    This is possible, but I think in the end George, LBJ and Melo will have the most votes at the forward position so they'll be the starters.

Comment

MrBlack wrote: View Post
                      Initially I thought you have to be kidding, Demar in the ASG?! But then I started looking for 4-5 EC guards that are having a better year. What a weak group to pick from. Lance, Afflalo and Wade easily are in ahead of Demar, as is Wall. Not sure how you would give Demar a spot ahead of Jordan Crawford either. Crawford is basically Demar plus a lot more rebounds, more assists and slightly better shooting. Best case for DD is his scoring bumps up a bit to near 23 ppg. No way they leave a top-10 PPG player off the all-star team, even though he isn't a top "all-around" guy, especially bc every candidate outside of Miami and Indy is a good player on a bad team.
                      Umm......

You have to be joking right? DeMar is definitely better than Jordan Crawford. He's averaging more assists because he's essentially playing point guard for Boston.

Comment

Hey, at least he's in the discussion. Most people never would have guessed he'd be a legitimate option for the a reserve spot on the All Star team before the season started.
                        I gave him a vote just for the hell of it.
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                          If scoring points gets you to the game, then yes he should be there with him being 12th in the NBA in PPG. But overall, he doesn't deserve to be considered an all-star. Bottomline, he's a good player on a terrible team.

Christ, give me some high-tops, a tank top and some nuthuggers and I could score 10 ppg for this team. Just sayin'.
                          Yea right bro. You think Rudy's gonna pass you the ball... Pshhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Never been a fan of his but he is actually playing well this year. I hope he gets in as a reserve, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't. I would think the odds are stacked heavily against him.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

hell yes! he deserves it ..every single bit
                              and I'm gonna do what ever it takes to get him in
                              I sat hours on end tweeting #letrossdunk #2013allstar last year or what ever the hashtags were loool
                              it would honestly be a big boost for the kid
                              and the priceless reaction from rudy when he finds out demars in and hes not ohhhhhhh
                              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                                hell yes! he deserves it ..every single bit
                                and I'm gonna do what ever it takes to get him in
                                I sat hours on end tweeting #letrossdunk #2013allstar last year or what ever the hashtags were loool
                                it would honestly be a big boost for the kid
                                and the priceless reaction from rudy when he finds out demars in and hes not ohhhhhhh
                                That scares me... he might jack up even more shots and have even more turnovers. Eek.
                                DeMar is definitely in consideration for a spot in the All Star game if he keeps up his play. At the same time it won't be easy for him to actually get in, still rooting for him though. Go DD.
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X