No announcement yet.

TANK vs ANTI TANK - SUPER THREAD - The Because I Can't Keep Track Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay guys, I think its time I get real with myself. After the last game it really hit me. This team isn't headed anywhere with its current design. Cant believe I'm saying this lol, lets blow it up cause its really for our own good. Its not too late..
    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
      Okay guys, I think its time I get real with myself. After the last game it really hit me. This team isn't headed anywhere with its current design. Cant believe I'm saying this lol, lets blow it up cause its really for our own good. Its not too late..
      in two games time your gonna be the second to hop off the tank watch..
      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
        They will be losses either way so it doesn't make a difference if you're on the "tanking" or "anti-tanking" bandwagons

Comment

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
          Lol nahh I don't think that's the case, I was being very narrow minded when i chose my original stance. I want whatever is best for this team. Its about making the sacrifices now so that we can reap the benefits later.
          We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
            Lol nahh I don't think that's the case, I was being very narrow minded when i chose my original stance. I want whatever is best for this team. Its about making the sacrifices now so that we can reap the benefits later.
            the same things that came out of my mouth
            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• I don't think we cheer for the Raptors to lose, that's not the case for me at least. I watch the games hoping to see a good game with the Raptors claiming victory. That said, I know my team's abilities & I accept that were just not good nor does it look promising in the near future. That is why when they lose, I'm cool with it too.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk
              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• I listened to the raptor podcast and I agreed them with one thing 100% is this is once in a 50 years opportunity, you don't get this type of opportunity in our lifetime(a bit exaggerating), but come on i would take the chance. Let me ask you do you remember who plays who was the coach in year 2006? who cares man! it's those one of those bad or closely losing year and we were in the mid first round and picked an average utility now out of league player, do you want this thing to happen again this year? fine but this year is entirely different than any other years in the past, please Raptor lose next 50 games straight, so we can at worst get top 5 draft pick, after 5 years we wouldn't even remember the tanking thing happened in the year 2013.

Comment

• rapfan10 wrote: View Post
                  Lol ur the only guy on this forum on my side

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                  I'm with you! I'd rather see a competitive team. The one thing we can say is that our team had an opportunity to win every game they played so far. If we end up losing and getting a high to mid lottery pick, i'm absolutely fine with that!

Comment

• Theres only 2 direction from noman's land one can go....

1, chase the victory flag
                    2, run towards the tank in hopes of landing as a winner

the victory flag is about 50,000 miles away for the Raps whereas the tank on the other hand...... hmmm

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                      I'm with you! I'd rather see a competitive team. The one thing we can say is that our team had an opportunity to win every game they played so far. If we end up losing and getting a high to mid lottery pick, i'm absolutely fine with that!
                      Saying this all the time... We've been rebuilding since 09 its been 4 fucking years and I don't wanna wait another 3 just wanna see the team win some god damn games

Comment

Saying this all the time... We've been rebuilding since 09 its been 4 fucking years and I don't wanna wait another 3 just wanna see the team win some god damn games

There are people still supporting Rob Ford, but still you gotta accept the majority, and the majority and consensus is tanking and draft Wiggins.

Comment

• Eric Montross 00 wrote: View Post
                          There are people still supporting Rob Ford, but still you gotta accept the majority, and the majority and consensus is tanking and draft Wiggins.
                          But passion for this team and sports is on another level to politics... Plus wiggins is playing like shit... Reminds me a little of a guy I know as rudy gay

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            Say what you want about Grange but he does have connections at MLSE.

In any case, despite the musings of some people on this site, in particular certain podcast hosts, there is no quick fix for this team. Fixing the disaster BC left is going to take years. It's why he should have been fired in 2009 and not 2013. You not only lost those years, you lose the next 3 years which will be spent cleaning up the mess.

The front office got swept clean last offseason. I suspect the roster will be swept clean, as much as possible, over this year and the next while management scrambles to acquire as many assets as possible. It sucks that more losing is on the way but these people presenting or believing in all these 1-hour, instamatic, quick-fix solutions are selling snake oil. BC tried that approach for years and failed. More of the same is an exercise in madness.
                            More losing on the way? Bring it on baby.

It has to be done at some point. Might as well be now.

The mess that Colangelo created is pretty bad. Sweep it clean.

Comment

We've been seeing a shitty team because we haven't tanked and tried tread milling it. If you want to go through another 6 years of crap then by all means try and win as many games as possible this year and miss the playoffs anyways

Comment

• KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
                                I took this "Summary" from a poster on REALGM, and it basically sums up what happened in the interview.

Summary:
                                - Had his first child
                                - Attended Syracuse vs. Indiana game rather than watching Warriors vs. Raptors game.
                                - Have to fix the collapse that happened in the 4th quarter
                                - Warriors are unbelievable (trying to cover up Raptors' mistake with Warriors' talent?)
                                - Job is 82 games, job is to evaluate the team
                                - Toronto is in a lot of conversations around the league.
                                - Currently evaluating team, will continue to make calls and communicate with others to figure out how to make the team better or which direction to go.
                                - WE WILL NOT BE CAUGHT IN NO MAN'S LAND IN NBA (referring to treadmill?)
                                - One issue he's evaluating is the fact that we have same kind of players in the roster.
                                - Does not think that there is selfishness in the team, just that the style of the players is causing lack of ball movement.
                                No, he said outright he wasn't trying to downplay how badly the Raptors failed. He said said he saw how well the GSW can play first hand when they beat the Nuggets in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X