Kendall Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendall Marshall

I really hope Masai picks this kid up, it would be a classic low risk/high reward move. Marshall's only 22, and he had one bad season on a bad Suns team, and they gave up on him right away. He's been improving his game in the D-League, and I'd rather give him playing time to improve his game than any of the other 3 back-ups we have. He could be signed for an extremely cheap deal, and plus, he's a pass-first guy, something this team could use a lot. Thoughts?

It would be nice to have a guy who can pass and at least find JV, AJ on the pick and roll or Novak in the corner, even if for a couple minutes a game

Comment

Trade Lowry and pick up this kid. Give him, Big Val, Ross time on the floor. The worst than can happen at the end of the year is that you will end up with a high draft pick, have a complete assessment for these 3 guys and who knows, maybe 2 of them can at least be considered your solid bench players next season.

Comment

Kabongo is still available too somewhere

Comment

we're still overrating the guy. There is a reason why two teams gave up on him in one day.

Comment

Aim higher Raptor fans.

Comment

The solution to the back up PG problem probably won't be solved this year --- it will probably only get worse if Lowry is traded.. don't think Marshall is the solution

If we are going to take a gamble I would rather give up assets and target players like Schroder, Gal Mekel or Larkin

or more likely scenario, target FAs in the summer Ridnour, Sessions, Hinrich (or Robinson, Mo Williams if they opt out)... and have a legitimate back up, none of this 3 scrub first come first serve rotation

Comment

Bringing Marshall in to operate the tank would be a good option though.

Might experience resistance from Casey on giving up the controls, however.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                  There is a reason why two teams gave up on him in one day.
                  Washington gave up on him without even trying him out. So what kind of assessment was made? Believe me, several teams will be following his progress. Here is one assessment:

"Upon being drafted, he expected to play behind Steve Nash. When Nash went to the Lakers, the system fell apart and, on top of the wrist he broke that ended his UNC career, he never adjusted.

That's a shame because he has spectacular court vision and can really run an offense. Roy Williams called him the best passer he's ever coached."

http://www.libertyballers.com/2013/1...e-sevens-87ers

Of course, I am a Tar Heel and I thought he jumped to the pros one year too early, so this is the result.

Comment

connected wrote: View Post
                    The solution to the back up PG problem probably won't be solved this year --- it will probably only get worse if Lowry is traded.. don't think Marshall is the solution

If we are going to take a gamble I would rather give up assets and target players like Schroder, Gal Mekel or Larkin

or more likely scenario, target FAs in the summer Ridnour, Sessions, Hinrich (or Robinson, Mo Williams if they opt out)... and have a legitimate back up, none of this 3 scrub first come first serve rotation
                    I think giving him a chance though for the rest of the season to prove himself is a non-risk move. Especially if we're going the tanking-direction, and Lowry gets traded. If he doesn't pan out, move on. If he does, we could have a very solid back-up point guard, who's pass-first (yes please).

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                      Washington gave up on him without even trying him out. So what kind of assessment was made? Believe me, several teams will be following his progress. Here is one assessment:

"Upon being drafted, he expected to play behind Steve Nash. When Nash went to the Lakers, the system fell apart and, on top of the wrist he broke that ended his UNC career, he never adjusted.

That's a shame because he has spectacular court vision and can really run an offense. Roy Williams called him the best passer he's ever coached."

http://www.libertyballers.com/2013/1...e-sevens-87ers

Of course, I am a Tar Heel and I thought he jumped to the pros one year too early, so this is the result.
                      so he's 1-dimensional, great.

Comment

F Marshall!

Comment

So this thread should officially die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Marshall is apparently working out for Memphis.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                              Marshall is apparently working out for Memphis.
                              great another person that cant shoot on Memphis woooo!

Comment

Working...
                              X