Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors vs Lakers 9:30 ET *Return of the Black Mamba*

Where's the game thread at? yall are so slow

I'm praying for this team to win tonight, plz plz plz don't embarrass yourself in front the whole world, everyone already shits on us for being boring, we need this win like nothing else. Show them how it's done up here because this games going to be talked about all season long.
    And if Kobe gets out of control, you know what to do Tyler

just a little extra to get you guys into the holiday spirit
    *ehem*

On the first day Of Christmas Terrence gave to me, A Slam Dunk Championship

On the second day of Christmas DJ gave to me two turnovers and a Slam Dunk Championship

On the third day of Christmas Jv gave to me three blocked shots, two turnovers and a Slam Dunk Championship

On the fourth day of Christmas Amir gave to me four travel calls, three blocked shots, two turn overs and a Slam Dunk Championship

On the fifth day of Christmas DeRozan gave to me ..five...... highlight.... dunks!!!!!!!! four travel calls, three blocked shots, two turnovers and A Slam dunk Championship

On the sixth day of Christmas rudy gave to me six shots a chucking, five...... highlight.... dunks!!!!!!!! four travel calls, three blocked shots, two turnovers and A Slam dunk Championship

On the seventh day of Christmas Leo gave to me seven stories a telling, six shots a chucking, five...... highlight.... dunks!!!!!!!! four travel calls, three blocked shots, two turnovers and A Slam dunk Championship

On the eighth day of Christmas Hansbrough gave to me, eight elbows a throwing , seven stories a telling, six shots a chucking, five...... highlight.... dunks!!!!!!!! four travel calls, three blocked shots, two turnovers and A Slam dunk Championship

On the ninth day of Christmas Quincy gave to me nine bench reactions, eight elbows a throwing , seven stories a telling, six shots a chucking, five...... highlight.... dunks!!!!!!!! four travel calls, three blocked shots, two turnovers and A Slam dunk Championship

On the tenth day of Christmas Casey gave to me ten seasons a bullshiting, nine bench reactions, eight elbows a throwing , seven stories a telling, six shots a chucking, five...... highlight.... dunks!!!!!!!! four travel calls, three blocked shots, two turnovers and A Slam dunk Championship

On the eleventh day of christmas Ujiri gave to me eleven phones a calling, ten seasons a bullshiting, nine bench reactions, eight elbows a throwing , seven stories a telling, six shots a chucking, five...... highlight.... dunks!!!!!!!! four travel calls, three blocked shots, two turnovers and A Slam dunk Championship

on the twelfth day of Christmas Andrew gave to me twelve banners a hanging, eleven phones a calling, ten seasons a bullshiting, nine bench reactions, eight elbows a throwing , seven stories a telling, six shots a chucking, five...... highlight.... dunks!!!!!!!! four travel calls, three blocked shots, two turnovers and A Slam dunk Championship

12 through 6 are complete bullshit allow me I couldn't think of anything else

hope we win this tho
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

LOL You really do have a way of lightening the mood around here Mamba.

Good call on the game thread.

Apparently Kobe's minutes are going to be limited, so I see him taking on more of a facilitator role tonight. I don't expect much.

But thats exactly what the Black Mamba wants before he strikes ...

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      LOL You really do have a way of lightening the mood around here Mamba.

Good call on the game thread.

Apparently Kobe's minutes are going to be limited, so I see him taking on more of a facilitator role tonight. I don't expect much.

But thats exactly what the Black Mamba wants before he strikes ...
      Loooool
      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        But that could be exactly what the Black Mamba wants before he strikes ...
        D'antoni: Kobe, I think we'll give you about 25 mins.

Kobe: I'll play as much as I want. It's the Raptors. I came back this game for a reason.

D'antoni: Absolutely, sir. Cream in your coffee?

Comment

Hansbrough has an ankle sprain apparently. Is he playing tonight?
          OG is our king

Comment

Pulled these from the Game Notes on Raptors.com:

PROBABLE STARTERS
            F - RUDY GAY #22
             Scored 17 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for his sixth double-double of the season Dec. 6 at Phoenix.
             Shot 12-for-27 (.444) from the field the last two games (Dec. 3-6).
             One of nine players in the NBA with 20+ steals and 20+ blocks this season (28 steals, 23 blocks).
             Averaging 17.6 points, 7.6 rebounds and 1.4 steals over the last five games (Nov. 26-Dec. 6)
            F - TYLER HANSBROUGH #50
             Left in the first quarter Dec. 6 at Phoenix with a sprained left shoulder.
             Will be re-evaluated at Saturday’s practice.
             Made his first start of the season Dec. 1 vs. Denver. Added seven points and five rebounds in 34 minutes.
             Grabbed five or more rebounds in eight straight games (Nov. 15 - Dec. 3).
            C - JONAS VALANCIUNAS #17
             Earned his fifth double-double of the season Dec. 6 at Phoenix with 11 points and 10 rebounds.
             Grabbed a career-high eight offensive rebounds Dec. 1 vs. Denver.
             Leads the team in total rebounds (139) and offensive rebounds (51). Averaging a team-high 7.7 rebounds.
             Averaging 9.6 points and 7.4 rebounds over the last five games (Nov. 26-Dec. 6).
            G - DEMAR DEROZAN #10
             Finished with 13 points, three rebounds and two assists Dec. 6 at Phoenix.
             Ranks 13th in NBA scoring with 21.3 points and tied for fifth with 38.6 minutes.
             Shooting a career-high .373 (25-for-67) from three-point range this season.
             Needs five points to become the sixth player in franchise history to score 5,000 points.
            G - KYLE LOWRY #7
             Recorded 21 points and seven assists in 39 minutes Dec. 6 at Phoenix.
             Has led the team in assists in 10 consecutive games (Nov. 13-Dec. 6).
             Ranks 11th in the NBA with 6.6 assists and tied for 15th with 36.6 minutes.
             Leads the team in total assists (119), steals (31) and three pointers made and attempted (39-for-107).
             Averaging 19.4 points and 7.0 assists over the last five games (Nov. 26-Dec. 6).
            -The Toronto Raptors complete a three-game Western Conference road trip by visiting the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday evening. This is the first of six Sunday road games the Raptors will face this season. The team will depart on a red-eye flight back to Toronto following Sunday's game and face the San Antonio Spurs at home Tuesday.

-Los Angeles native DeMar DeRozan ranks 13th in NBA scoring (21.3). He needs five points to reach the 5,000 points for his career. Only five players in team history have reached 5,000 points - Chris Bosh (10,275), Vince Carter (9,420), Andrea Bargnani (6,581), Morris Peterson (6,498) and Jose Calderon (5,235). DeRozan scored 17+ points in a career-high 11 straight games (Nov. 9-Dec. 3).

-DeMar DeRozan became the first player in team history to start 100 consecutive games on two separate occasions Dec. 6 at Phoenix. The last time he missed a game was April 26, 2012 vs. New Jersey due to a sore left ankle. Earlier that season DeRozan came within one start of Alvin Williams' franchise-record 131 consecutive start streak before a sore left ankle forced him out of the lineup Mar. 24, 2012. Only four players in team history have started 100 consecutive games - Alvin Williams, Vince Carter and Anthony Parker.

 -Kyle Lowry has recorded six or more assists in a career-best 10 straight games (Nov. 13-Dec. 6). He has led the team in assists each of the last 10 games.

 -Steve Novak has played 144 minutes this season without a turnover. According to the Elias Sports Bureau it's the most minutes this season without a turnover in the NBA. Philadelphia's Lorenzo Brown is the next closest player with 42 minutes, followed by Houston's Ronnie Brewer with 41. Novak took the lead after Miami's Shane Battier committed a turnover Nov. 30 against the Raptors, ending a string of 320 minutes.

 -Opponents have shot over .450 from the field in five straight games (Nov. 26-Dec. 6) against the Raptors. Toronto's offense has shot below .450 in four of the last five games. Opponents have out-scored the Raptors in the second half of the last three games by a 45-point margin. The Raptors have been out-scored in the second-half 11 times through 18 games this season.

 -Kobe Bryant is averaging 28.3 points in 29 career games vs. Toronto - the second-highest average for an opposing player. Allen Iverson averaged 29.7 points in 38 career games. Bryant has played 20+ minutes and scored 10+ points against the Raptors in 26 consecutive games. The last time Bryant did not reach 10 points or play 20 minutes against the Raptors was November 30, 1997 - six points and 19 minutes.

 -LAX CONNECTIONS: Amir Johnson (Westchester), DeMar DeRozan (Compton) and Landry Fields (Los Alamitos) all grew-up in the Los Angeles area ... Alex McKechnie (Assistant coach/Director of Sports Science) was Athletic Performance Coordinator with the Lakers for eight season.
            Last edited by Joey; Sun Dec 8, 2013, 03:45 PM.

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
              Where's the game thread at? yall are so slow

I'm praying for this team to win tonight, plz plz plz don't embarrass yourself in front the whole world, everyone already shits on us for being boring, we need this win like nothing else. Show them how it's done up here because this games going to be talked about all season long.
              And if Kobe gets out of control, you know what to do Tyler

just a little extra to get you guys into the holiday spirit
              *ehem*

On the first day Of Christmas Terrence gave to me, A Slam Dunk Championship

On the second day of Christmas DJ gave to me two turnovers and a Slam Dunk Championship

On the third day of Christmas Jv gave to me three blocked shots, two turnovers and a Slam Dunk Championship

On the fourth day of Christmas Amir gave to me four travel calls, three blocked shots, two turn overs and a Slam Dunk Championship

On the fifth day of Christmas DeRozan gave to me ..five...... highlight.... dunks!!!!!!!! four travel calls, three blocked shots, two turnovers and A Slam dunk Championship

On the sixth day of Christmas rudy gave to me six shots a chucking, five...... highlight.... dunks!!!!!!!! four travel calls, three blocked shots, two turnovers and A Slam dunk Championship

On the seventh day of Christmas Leo gave to me seven stories a telling, six shots a chucking, five...... highlight.... dunks!!!!!!!! four travel calls, three blocked shots, two turnovers and A Slam dunk Championship

On the eighth day of Christmas Hansbrough gave to me, eight elbows a throwing , seven stories a telling, six shots a chucking, five...... highlight.... dunks!!!!!!!! four travel calls, three blocked shots, two turnovers and A Slam dunk Championship

On the ninth day of Christmas Quincy gave to me nine bench reactions, eight elbows a throwing , seven stories a telling, six shots a chucking, five...... highlight.... dunks!!!!!!!! four travel calls, three blocked shots, two turnovers and A Slam dunk Championship

On the tenth day of Christmas Casey gave to me ten seasons a bullshiting, nine bench reactions, eight elbows a throwing , seven stories a telling, six shots a chucking, five...... highlight.... dunks!!!!!!!! four travel calls, three blocked shots, two turnovers and A Slam dunk Championship

On the eleventh day of christmas Ujiri gave to me eleven phones a calling, ten seasons a bullshiting, nine bench reactions, eight elbows a throwing , seven stories a telling, six shots a chucking, five...... highlight.... dunks!!!!!!!! four travel calls, three blocked shots, two turnovers and A Slam dunk Championship

on the twelfth day of Christmas Andrew gave to me twelve banners a hanging, eleven phones a calling, ten seasons a bullshiting, nine bench reactions, eight elbows a throwing , seven stories a telling, six shots a chucking, five...... highlight.... dunks!!!!!!!! four travel calls, three blocked shots, two turnovers and A Slam dunk Championship

12 through 6 are complete bullshit allow me I couldn't think of anything else

hope we win this tho

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                D'antoni: Kobe, I think we'll give you about 25 mins.

Kobe: I'll play as much as I want. It's the Raptors. I came back this game for a reason.

D'antoni: Absolutely, sir. Cream in your coffee?
                this

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                  why?? you dont like it Craig??

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                    why?? you dont lilke Craig??
                    LOVE mamba, I love it. You're one of my favs here kid.

Stay You

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                      LOVE mamba, I love it. You're one of my favs here kid.

Stay You
                      eaaaay
                      EDIT: my cockiness is hitting in
                      Last edited by lilmamba_; Sun Dec 8, 2013, 04:31 PM.

Comment

WTF?!?!?!?!

Knicks lost by 40 at MSG! wwwwwwhat

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                          WTF?!?!?!?!

Knicks lost by 40 at MSG!
                          Someone forgot to tell the Knicks that they don't have a draft pick this year.

Comment

Raptors getting a huge media promotion from the NBA today.

They are talking about the return of Kobe but just look at the 0:27 mark.

The Raptors are BIG

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Raptors getting a huge media promotion from the NBA today.

They are talking about the return of Kobe but just look at the 0:27 mark.

The Raptors are BIG
                              you actually got me excited -.-

Comment

Working...
                              X