Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gay, Acy & Gray to SAC for Vasquez, Patterson, Hayes & Salmons (Augustin waived)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny how many Raptors were mentioned in that piece.

Comment

• Even though a bit down about the lack of a pick, this is the way the team is now: Two twenty-six year old point guards who are on expiring below-market details, one of which is restricted, who have put up numbers a little bit below all-star. One SG on an above-market deal who has the potential to live up to it, another SG who is young and promising, if a bit underwhelming now. A veteran SF who is still slighty useful but is going to get waived. Two young veteran PF's with reasonable contracts, a very promising young center, and a solid character vet on a reasonable deal at center.

Also, their own first sound pick and a bunch of second rounders, in a draft that is staaaacked.

Way better looking roster than two weeks ago.
      Last edited by TSF; Sun Dec 8, 2013, 10:39 PM.
      @Boymusic66

Comment

• Just to be sure....It's not April 1st is it?

Comment

• anyone got a game stream? i only got lakers commentators and this is the one night I'm curious to hear what raps announcers are saying.

Comment

• Bench scoring just improved for us and ball movement has as well. Me likey.

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post
              Even though a bit down about the lack of a pick, this is the way the team is now: Two twenty-six year old point guards who are on expiring below-market details, one of which is restricted, who have put up numbers a little bit below all-star. One SG on an above-market deal who has the potential to live up to it, another SG who is young and promising, if a bit underwhelming now. A veteran SF who is still slighty useful but is going to get waived. Two young veteran PF's with reasonable contracts, a very promising young center, and a solid character vet on a reasonable deal at center.

Also, their own first sound pick and a bunch of second rounders, in a draft that is staaaacked.

Way better looking roster than two weeks ago.
              um all those picks are not for the next draft. the first round pick is swappable and for 2016. one second round pick isn't until 2017.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                Just putting it out there, but what if Gay purposely played like shit in order to get traded away from the Raptors? If Gay suddenly becomes a 20+ PPG 45%FG player, what does that say about the Raptors' organization lol
                It says they got rid of a selfish asshole.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                  It says they got rid of a selfish asshole.
                  You can't deny though. Raptors kinda have a history of hurting the careers of players. Bargnani is playing much better in New York. Gay seriously lost any potential all-star status with us. Lowry hasn't been the same PG from Houston since being with the Raptors.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                    You can't deny though. Raptors kinda have a history of hurting the careers of players. Bargnani is playing much better in New York. Gay seriously lost any potential all-star status with us. Lowry hasn't been the same PG from Houston since being with the Raptors.
                    Bargnani is playing better in New York because he has a top-10 offensive threat playing alongside him which means he gets way more open, easy looks. Gay played the same way he always had for the most part. Lowry was always a "if he starts he'll prove himself" player on every team and played himself out of starting on every team.

Comment

• Christmas has come early! Woo!

Goodbye Gay! Guess KL is gone, and...as much as I love DD, if he brings in a good First Rounder and a Young Prospect or two, you have to take that.

Comment

• Masai. So awesome.

Comment

• The more I think about the more I see a fire sale coming Lowry is gone for sure. If we can get a first rounder demar is gone. I don't know if the players we just got can be traded right away or not but if they can MU has a lot of options to get the pieces he wants

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                            Bargnani is playing better in New York because he has a top-10 offensive threat playing alongside him which means he gets way more open, easy looks. Gay played the same way he always had for the most part. Lowry was always a "if he starts he'll prove himself" player on every team and played himself out of starting on every team.
                            Novak has been garbage from 3...

Comment

• One underrated thing that people haven't said too much about this trade is that this trade is in favor of tankers and anti-tankers. So there is still no idea what Ujiri is planning right now. MU is still keeping his cards close to the chest. Not revealing whether we are tanking or not. This gives Ujiri an advantage when facilitating trades around the league.

Comment

• i like the trade. i can't remember if it is salmons or someone else but i think he is a player that always plays better right after a change of teams.

i don't care about rudy being gone at all. i really like the vasquez grab and think, hayes at least and possibly salmons will be traded again.

i would give it an A+ if we would have gotten a pick or two and an A if we could have grabbed jimmer but a solid B+ on this trade from me with the potential for improvement with future moves.

i also think he might move lowry as well with his contract status up in the air.

Comment

Working...
                                X