No announcement yet.

Debate settled......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like we really reached a mile-stone you guys.. a real breakthrough today.
    This new-found communication is really great to see between the two sides ... I guess this is what it feels like when Israel and Palestine sit down for talks...

Comment

• I bench would of really helped in this game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• We said Masai Ujiri wasn’t done, not by a long shot (sources have indicated he’s determined to totally reshape the roster in order to make everyone forget about the previous, losing era), but the speed of a Kyle Lowry trade rumour picking up considerable speed was a surprise.

https://twitter.com/wolstatsun/statu...84980505919488

It would appear debate over with only thing left is trading DeRozan Amir and possibly jv
        Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Dec 13, 2013, 04:22 PM. Reason: quote added

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          I agree with your last points about what the trade was. I don't really see a tank move as yet. What I see by this trade are:
          - Depth at PG. The play of the back up guards was hurting the team when Lowry was out and at the rate he was going he would be injured sooner than later
          - Freeing up minutes and shots for JV and Ross
          - No drop off at SF considering how poorly Gay was playing
          - Additional rebounders and interior D
          - Flexibility

Another thing I found interesting is that by getting someone like Salmons, whom can handle the rock and Patterson that can shoot, it takes a lot of the pressure off DeMar. Almost like they were shaping the roster around DeMar. Will need time to tell if that theory has any validity to it.
          Jesus Christ really? You think opposing teams are gonna freak out when salmons (old and declining) and Patterson (can't shoot anymore and lost his starting position almost right away in Sacramento) are on the floor, allowing demar to be freed up more? Where are these weird fantasies coming from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
            Jesus Christ really? You think opposing teams are gonna freak out when salmons (old and declining) and Patterson (can't shoot anymore and lost his starting position almost right away in Sacramento) are on the floor, allowing demar to be freed up more? Where are these weird fantasies coming from?

Salmons is shooting .381 from 3 on 2.3 shots. Referring to Patterson you don't forget how to shoot. This team would of been better but it's looking more and more obvious Masai doesn't want to compete this year.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Salmons is shooting .381 from 3 on 2.3 shots. Referring to Patterson you don't forget how to shoot. This team would of been better but it's looking more and more obvious Masai doesn't want to compete this year.

.381 from 3 is respectable. But I like how you conveniently ignore every other dropping stat. How's his fg% doing? Career low? Great!

What do you mean you dont forget how to shoot? Patterson is shooting 3s as bad as Amir is this year. His fg% is also at a career low.

I don't think demar is breathing sighs of relief here.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                .381 from 3 is respectable. But I like how you conveniently ignore every other dropping stat. How's his fg% doing? Career low? Great!

What do you mean you dont forget how to shoot? Patterson is shooting 3s as bad as Amir is this year. His fg% is also at a career low.

I don't think demar is breathing sighs of relief here.

18 games is a small sample size. Patterson is 24 to say his declining is ridiculous. The percentages will work themselves out.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  We said Masai Ujiri wasn’t done, not by a long shot (sources have indicated he’s determined to totally reshape the roster in order to make everyone forget about the previous, losing era), but the speed of a Kyle Lowry trade rumour picking up considerable speed was a surprise.

https://twitter.com/wolstatsun/statu...84980505919488

It would appear debate over with only thing left is trading DeRozan Amir and possibly jv
                  Don't know who the "We" is, but nobody said MU wouldn't make changes. As far as the debate being over, what debate? That a tank is or is not the best route? That the tank is in full swing or not? The Gay deal is far from anything any scenario presented as "tanking", and until an actual deal goes down, you know not just rumours, and we actually know what's coming back, there's zero reason to be proud of being "right". I hope the ladies don't also say you blow your load prematurely.

AND, moving Gay and Lowry is hardly stripping the team down to bare bones to purposely be bad for a draft pick. "Only thing left is trading DeRozan Amir and possibly jv." Is that all? lol
                  Last edited by p00ka; Fri Dec 13, 2013, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                    Don't know who the "We" is, but nobody said MU wouldn't make changes. As far as the debate being over, what debate? That a tank is or is not the best route? That the tank is in full swing or not? The Gay deal is far from anything any scenario presented as "tanking", and until an actual deal goes down, you know not just rumours, and we actually know what's coming back, there's zero reason to be proud of being "right". I hope the ladies don't also say you blow your load prematurely.

AND, moving Gay and Lowry is hardly stripping the team down to bare bones to purposely be bad for a draft pick. "Only thing left is trading DeRozan Amir and possibly jv." Is that all? lol
                    OK, but I think you should consider refraining from ever complaining again about people stirring the pot if this is the kind of post we can expect from you on a regular basis. No one asked you to post this retort, and no one called you out in the post you are replying to.

You've got some kind of inferiority complex going on there, pooka. I had some sympathy -- or at least empathy -- for you while you were pounding the "we don't need to tank, there are other ways to improve" drum, but now you're just wading in every time Matt posts something to bitch about what a mean, nasty internet troll he is. It's at least as ridiculous as the 'I told you so' mentality you pretend to be railing against.

I can't remember the last post I've seen from you that was about the Raptors; they're all about how some other poster has offended your sensibilities, or how they don't know how to present an argument properly, or about how they, get this -- continue to post the same stuff time after time, ad nauseum. Pot: "Hey, kettle -- you're black!"
                    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                      OK, but I think you should consider refraining from ever complaining again about people stirring the pot if this is the kind of post we can expect from you on a regular basis. No one asked you to post this retort, and no one called you out in the post you are replying to.

You've got some kind of inferiority complex going on there, pooka. I had some sympathy -- or at least empathy -- for you while you were pounding the "we don't need to tank, there are other ways to improve" drum, but now you're just wading in every time Matt posts something to bitch about what a mean, nasty internet troll he is. It's at least as ridiculous as the 'I told you so' mentality you pretend to be railing against.

I can't remember the last post I've seen from you that was about the Raptors; they're all about how some other poster has offended your sensibilities, or how they don't know how to present an argument properly, or about how they, get this -- continue to post the same stuff time after time, ad nauseum. Pot: "Hey, kettle -- you're black!"
                      Sadly only way I see anything from p00kster is if someone quotes him... Thanks a lot jimmie!

I agree with your post. Just to clarify, the "we" in the post to which p00kster replied was by Ryan Wolstat. Been on my phone for a couple of days and a pain in the ass to quote stuff.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post

This is pooka's M.O.
                        Step 1: Hijack thread with flamethrower. Insult everyone you disagree with.
                        Step 2: If anyone responds in kind, increase chest thumping and "You want a piece of me? You can't handle this!" Sound and fury.
                        Step 3: Tire of the attacks and start proclaiming you're the only one here for a "real discussion."
                        Step 4: Pick one person who hasn't insulted you and say "See - a real discussion! That's what I'm here for! I'm not talking to the rest of you anymore." Sniffle sniffle.
                        Step 5: Disappear for a day or two, then return to forums and repeat steps 1 through 5.

Engaging him is an exercise in futility and ultimately, not very interesting.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Just to clarify: above comment based on Wolstat's sources that MU is looking to reshape the roster in order to make everyone forget about the previous losing era. I hate to tell you guys but Lowry, DeRozan, Amir, JV, Fields, and Ross are the only Raptors remaining with Bargnani, Gay, Acy, and Gray already traded.

Lowry is going to be gone sooner or later for sure.
                          DeRozan has been here 5 years.
                          Amir has been here for 5 years.
                          Fields has an awful contract and just 1 year left.
                          JV and Ross are here for just 1 year and on rookie deals.

So based on the above:
                          Lowry/DD/Amir appear to be bets to be traded if the bold is true.
                          Fields is not going anywhere due to contract.
                          JV and Ross might not be tainted enough.

Everyone else on the roster has been brought in by Masai.

Comment

• Management hasn't done anything drastic yet. Rudy needed to go and Lowry due to contract needs to go. If (or when) they trade amir/ DD etc is when i will "worry" about DD being traded. To this point they've done nothing more than do what needed to be done. Amir and DD don't need to be traded at this point i think its something that will be re assessed after the Lowry trade.

Comment

• For the record i think some of them will be traded for sure. But i would bet that one of DD/Amir stay and more than likely JV unless top 6 pick coming back in return.

Comment

• Burnit482 wrote: View Post
                                Management hasn't done anything drastic yet. Rudy needed to go and Lowry due to contract needs to go. If (or when) they trade amir/ DD etc is when i will "worry" about DD being traded. To this point they've done nothing more than do what needed to be done. Amir and DD don't need to be traded at this point i think its something that will be re assessed after the Lowry trade.
                                Burnit482 wrote: View Post
                                For the record i think some of them will be traded for sure. But i would bet that one of DD/Amir stay and more than likely JV unless top 6 pick coming back in return.
                                I agree. Aside from Gay & Lowry, I had Novak & Hansborough in my top-4 for 'must trade' or 'will trade'.

I could really see DeRozan and/or Johnson being kept until the draft, so that if they are traded, they're being dealt for known quantities.

Of course, if an offer come along that's too good to pass up, then all bets are obviously off.

Comment

Working...
                                X