Raptors-Milwaukee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors-Milwaukee

With the tank starting to take shape I was thinking about the future of our 3 spot. If we don't get a top pick which we realistically won't we'd need a 3. At this point Giannis Antetokounmpo in Milwaukee has looked good. What about a Lowry for 'Po+Udoh or Ridnour(for salary)?
    You can't roll with Knight as your starting PG I could see Milwaukee having interest.

Kyle + Amir for Giannis + Illyasova

I dont know if they would give up Giannis. But with the streak both Amir and Kyle have, it will make the Bucks better in the short run.

Toronto:

Vasquez, Stone
    Derozan, Ross
    Giannis, Patterson
    Illyasova, Hansbrough
    Val, Hayes

We'd have about ~40M tied for 2016, we would be bad enough for a lottery 2014 pick off season while having
    Derozan, Giannis, Ross, Val, Lottery Pick, Ilyasova. Can either resign Vasquez and get an Al Horford, or try to cash in on one big FA like Kevin Love.

Though I like the first option:
    Vasquez,
    Derozan, Ross
    Giannis, 2014 Lottery Pick
    Horford, Ilyasova
    Val
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I thought that Milwaukee is also tanking. Why this trade to begin with?
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        They have been decimated by injuries.

I think they are better than they are looking.

Although if Sanders lives up to his early career head case label with his new deal, then yeah, they are likely effed.

Comment

'Po is the #1 player in the NBA I want on the Raptors right now (outside LBJ, KD, etc.).

He is going to be a Batum type player at worst!

You are not getting 'Po without giving up DD... and even that is not a certainty.

'Po is now 6'10 1/4" and just fills the stat sheet in limited minutes.

I'd do this for 'Po:

DD for Udoh and 'Po (trade machine says no but Bucks have $1.8M in cap space - it will work).

Lowry for Ridnour

Amir for Delfino and Raduljica

3 separate trades

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            Yep, 4-16, not super talented to begin with... If they started trading hot prospects in order to win a few extra games now, it would make zero sense.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              'Po is the #1 player in the NBA I want on the Raptors right now (outside LBJ, KD, etc.).

He is going to be a Batum type player at worst!

You are not getting 'Po without giving up DD... and even that is not a certainty.

'Po is now 6'10 1/4" and just fills the stat sheet in limited minutes.

I'd do this for 'Po:

DD for Udoh and 'Po (trade machine says no but Bucks have $1.8M in cap space - it will work).

Lowry for Ridnour

Amir for Delfino and Raduljica

3 separate trades
              I wouldn't mind DD for Udoh/'Po, but I think I'd adjust this:

Lowry for Ridnour + 2nd Rounder in 2014 or 2015, whichever they're willing to give up, just for a sweetner. Lowry >> Ridnour, and he's an expiring.

As for the Amir trade...not sure if I'd truly do that, I don't really want Delfino back, again, lol.

Comment

Po would be nice.. but what I really want is Milwaukee's 2014 pick. DD might be able to get it..

Butler, Udoh, Po, 2014 pick (top 5 protected) for DD and Lowry.

I think Milwaukee gets better immediately. Udoh/Butler are expiring as is Lowry so not really a big concern for Milwaukee there. DD for Po and 2014 first. Seems like a good return for a guy locked into his contract for 4 years.

Holiday was able to return a 2014 first (top 5 protected) and a 2013 pick (Noel). DD should be able to return something similar but slightly worse (assuming Noel > Po).

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Po would be nice.. but what I really want is Milwaukee's 2014 pick. DD might be able to get it..

I think Milwaukee gets better immediately. Udoh/Butler are expiring as is Lowry so not really a big concern for Milwaukee there. DD for Po and 2014 first. Seems like a good return for a guy locked into his contract for 4 years.

Holiday was able to return a 2014 first (top 5 protected) and a 2013 pick (Noel). DD should be able to return something similar but slightly worse (assuming Noel > Po).
                  That's actually not bad at all. I'd be supportive of this too.

Comment

phiLLy wrote: View Post
                    I wouldn't mind DD for Udoh/'Po, but I think I'd adjust this:

Lowry for Ridnour + 2nd Rounder in 2014 or 2015, whichever they're willing to give up, just for a sweetner. Lowry >> Ridnour, and he's an expiring.

As for the Amir trade...not sure if I'd truly do that, I don't really want Delfino back, again, lol.
                    I think you need to give Milwaukee A LOT to get 'Po from them. He is going to be THAT good in my opinion.

All three trades are essentially one but separated in to three to make it all work under CBA.

For the Raptors they also get another $9M in expiring contracts leading in to this year's trade deadline and create another $10M in cap space for this summer.... cap space is for more than free agency!

I think 'Po playing in the NCAA this year is a top 5 pick.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Holiday was an All-Star. I think there is way too much value placed on DD here - and that is not my well not criticisms speaking.

If Lowry is gone at the end of this season and Butler and Udoh are just filler, ask yourself:
                      Would you give up the Raptors 2014 (top 5 protected) pick and JV for DeRozan?

I'd do Butler, Udoh, 'Po for DD and Lowry in a heart beat.

Comment

I'd be all over this too:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qhkz96k

Milwaukee; Lowry, DD, Amir

Toronto: Ilyasova, Udoh, Ridnour, 'Po

Trade machine says +14 wins for Milwaukee and -19 wins for Toronto!

Comment

Look, the reason everybody wants Milwaukee's 2014 pick is because it is going to be a lottery pick, and probably a very good one, because Milwaukee is not making playoffs this year. Sanders is out. Delfino is out. Pachulia is out. They're trying to win games by giving the ball to Brandon Knight, John Henson and Gary Neal because there is basically nobody else left.

I am so tired of trade scenarios where people think they can pry away the most precious assets Milwaukee has with our players. Trading Jonas probably wouldn't get us that pick or Giannis at this point, because Milwaukee may want to always compete but they're also not stupid. This season is already over for them.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Milwaukee is in on the verge of being relocated? If that's the case I'd assume that their ownership would be in desperation mode to put at least a play off team on the court, which means DD and Lowry for the guys mentioned above makes sense. They'd become competitive immediately and likely wouldn't be focused on development. It's still a business so selling tickets and playoffs is the number one priority for a team in trouble....
                            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                            Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                              Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Milwaukee is in on the verge of being relocated? If that's the case I'd assume that their ownership would be in desperation mode to put at least a play off team on the court, which means DD and Lowry for the guys mentioned above makes sense. They'd become competitive immediately and likely wouldn't be focused on development. It's still a business so selling tickets and playoffs is the number one priority for a team in trouble....
                              The owner has basically said build an arena or lose the team.

Tough to get the public to agree to build an arena for a loser.

I said it elsewhere and say it again: they could be like Seattle - get a franchise player, lose the franchise.

Comment

Working...
                              X