The biggest fear for those hoping for a top pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebrian wrote: View Post
    I want to hear more about this gang of miscreants where Matt is the ringleader!
    Psst, e, I think you are IN it... ;-)

First rule of Tank Club -- you don't talk about Tank Club.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

jimmie wrote: View Post
      Psst, e, I think you are IN it... ;-)

First rule of Tank Club -- you don't talk about Tank Club.
      Second rule of Tank Club -- you must change your avatar
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I think the team is definitely better with the shortened rotation we saw last night. It likely gets worse again when the new players report - only Vaszquez over Stone should play over the 8 player rotation used last night if we were actually trying to win. The key to keeping the tank rolling until Lowry is dealt is how many minutes we can force feed John Salmons. If he plays enough minutes he'll get up enough shots to offset the loss of Gay's contribution to the tank.

Comment

tsc8 wrote: View Post
          I think the team is definitely better with the shortened rotation we saw last night. It likely gets worse again when the new players report - only Vaszquez over Stone should play over the 8 player rotation used last night if we were actually trying to win. The key to keeping the tank rolling until Lowry is dealt is how many minutes we can force feed John Salmons. If he plays enough minutes he'll get up enough shots to offset the loss of Gay's contribution to the tank.
          lol, I was thinking the same thing last night. Casey was forced to use a tight rotation, and low and behold, it worked!

The moral of the story, put Casey in a position where he doesn't have to think

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            DeMar Derozan & Jonas Valanciunas show is about to begin!

SO EXCITED ABOUT THE FUTURE!
            To be honest, it wouldnt surprise me if DD gets moved. If the Raps are really 'tanking' like a lot of people are saying then DD needs to go along with Amir. They better get something in return for him though. A 1st round pick or a young player with upside.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

The team not only covets a top-five pick in the 2014 draft; management believes there is a path to acquiring another first-round pick in the top 15.
              http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor..._on_kelly.html

I sincerely hope that acquiring another 1st round pick is a priority. Was hoping a pick would be included in the Gay trade.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

I sincerely hope that acquiring another 1st round pick is a priority. Was hoping a pick would be included in the Gay trade.
                Interesting. Management believes they can get another lottery pick...

Man, got some serious post-trade malaise. Want more things to happen now....

Comment

I hope Kelly is right.

I'm not sure how it happens unless you take on an albatross of a contract (Boozer) or give up DeRozan or JV.

Prove me wrong, Masai!

I continue to hold out hope there is an option for Toronto to swap picks with Sacramento should they get one but the more I think about this trade and the flexibility it opens up moving forward I don't think that happens.

Comment

In Messiah We Trust
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

Kelly can be funny...I liked this: "This is a delicate sort of Tank. You can’t just blow a hole in the hull. You need to slip beneath the waves quietly, while also releasing a few life rafts." LOL.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Interesting. Management believes they can get another lottery pick...

Man, got some serious post-trade malaise. Want more things to happen now....
                        Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I hope Kelly is right.

I'm not sure how it happens unless you take on an albatross of a contract (Boozer) or give up DeRozan or JV.

Prove me wrong, Masai!

I continue to hold out hope there is an option for Toronto to swap picks with Sacramento should they get one but the more I think about this trade and the flexibility it opens up moving forward I don't think that happens.
                        I assume DeRozan is the asset most likely to net the Raptors a guaranteed lottery pick, but I fear that trading him during the season could help lift that team out of the lottery (especially given the extremely wide open EC playoff race). I wonder if MU might keep a player like DeRozan until the draft, trading him for a known pick, rather than risk seeing the return fizzle to either a mid-1st or future 1st round pick?

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          I assume DeRozan is the asset most likely to net the Raptors a guaranteed lottery pick, but I fear that trading him during the season could help lift that team out of the lottery (especially given the extremely wide open EC playoff race). I wonder if MU might keep a player like DeRozan until the draft, trading him for a known pick, rather than risk seeing the return fizzle to either a mid-1st or future 1st round pick?
                          I'm all about obtaining as many 1st as possible over the next 3 drafts - '14, '15, '16.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            I hope Kelly is right.

Prove me wrong, Masai!

Don't forget that now we have a lot more movable pieces. Lots of manageable contracts.

I could see a team that needs both backcourt and frontcourt depth giving us a pretty decent pick for, say, Vasquez and Hansbrough, or something along those lines where we can send two serviceable players to a mediocre team and end up with a pick in the 12-20 range or something.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              See my above post, but I feel like with the extra pieces on manageable deals, it will be easier to find a deal. Might not have to trade DeMar. Amir, Lowry, Vasquez, Patterson, Hansbrough, Novak, Ross (who I'd rather keep)....lots of guys with movable deals who can realistically attract interest. Not sure if that necessarily makes a 1st rd pick attainable, but it certainly opens up much more options.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                See my above post, but I feel like with the extra pieces on manageable deals, it will be easier to find a deal. Might not have to trade DeMar. Amir, Lowry, Vasquez, Patterson, Hansbrough, Novak, Ross (who I'd rather keep)....lots of guys with movable deals who can realistically attract interest. Not sure if that necessarily makes a 1st rd pick attainable, but it certainly opens up much more options.
                                Oh very true, I think the Raps have loads of tradeable assets, but I was talking specifically about the article that alluded to management seeming to have a path to another lottery pick. I suppose packaging a number of assets could achieve that.

Charlotte needs SF help, with MKG and now Taylor injured. Toronto may not have Gay to offer, but they still have some decent players and could figure out a trade to assume Gordon's contract, should he be accompanied by a lottery pick. (as an example)

Comment

Working...
                                X