The biggest fear for those hoping for a top pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craig wrote: View Post
    If I see what i saw last night in LA, then yes, this move will confirm my greatest fear, that of the Raptors benefiting from the loss of a guy that made playing proper ball impossible.

I see Toronto easily climbing to the top of the Atlantic if they play like this. and that my friends is the ultimate failure.

Kyle Lowry, for whatever reason, decided last night to show me, and anyone else who was interested, that he can actually play PG when he is motivated to do so. Why? Who knows, perhaps he knows a trade to a favourable location is close and he is helping to make it happen, who knows, but this move, for one night anyhow, has seemingly freed up an average team from playing badly. Average teams...... fuck, average teams get the 15th pick.

This is my fear. And I guarantee unless MU does something fast, it wont matter, too late, you simply cannot aford wins in a tank race, one win is worth 3.
    After the Spurs game and we lost to 40 points we are in completely different conversations. Instead of thinking how many Raptors are going to win, I think it makes more sense to actually compare Raptors to other teams who are now fighting for worst spots. Are teams like Sixers, Magic better than the Raptors? I agree with you after watching the lakers game and the Gay trade I would say they are about the same talent levels, if those two teams out competed the Raptors, then we should be around at the 5th or 6th worst spots. I said it before Knicks and Nets will go out and surpass all the above teams I mentioned, and Bucks will also climbing up and should be at the similar spots with Raptors , Magic and Sixers.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Man these threads are sickening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Then don't read them.

You might not like the realities of the NBA but you have to respect them.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Then don't read them.

You might not like the realities of the NBA but you have to respect them.
        Respect that everybody is ok with losing on purpose. No shame and form does that deserve respect. The fact that people our upset that we're going to be seeing good basketball and people our worried we're going to win a few more wins?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Eric Montross 00 wrote: View Post
          As I was checking the standings, I think teams that will finished at 8th are more like the Sixers or the Magic, and I think Raptors will lose more games than these two teams. Remember as I said you probably including Knicks and Nets in that 1-7 picks, but in reality both Knicks and Nets will making moves to save the season after Dec.15th, they were contenders and now a top five pick teams and in worst of it none of them have 1st round picks this year. So again both Knicks and Nets will fight for the playoff spots and it's actually quiet achievable in the Atlantic Division, so I expect them to finish if not 12-15 th but no worst than 10th. So in a more realistic picture we have is Raptors is sitting right at the 6th spot and will have close records with the sixers and magics.
          I wasn't considering either of those teams, so you're assumption is wrong. As things currently project (not predicting future moves by teams), Bucks, Magic, 76ers are below us and will likely stay that way. Jazz and Kings are below us and will likely stay that way. There's 5 already. Suns will drop (too tough in the West to stay at .500), so that's 6. Safe to say that one of: Cavs, Bulls, Bobcats, Celtics, Wolves, Grizzlies will drop, so that takes us to 8 or higher.

Of course, further moves (league wide) will change a lot, so it's all kinda irrelevant.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Sorry buddy, nobody is asking them to try to lose, give you effin head a shake. Were just recognizing the very real chance that they might be too good to lose enough, and we hate it, because its gonna fuck them in the long run.

If you don't understand this, I can't help you. When the other 4-5 teams that suck grab up on the top guys who become the lebrons, wades, durats etc of the NBA, and Toronto is still shit, well all you idealists can smile and be happy your boys did their best to put an average team on the floor.

The Leafs have done it for the better part of 20 years now.... look how well it works for them, full house, ZERO success.

Lame.

Shortsighted

inept.

Comment

Respect that everybody is ok with losing on purpose. No shame and form does that deserve respect. The fact that people our upset that we're going to be seeing good basketball and people our worried we're going to win a few more wins?

Do you not take any gratification that league wide experts are grading us very highly on this trade? The realities were created by the CBA, we just live within them. There is no morals here, just making the best of the situation.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I think Axel, the misunderstanding with most of these guys who don't like us so called "tankers" is that they think we want the players themselves to throw games. Thats a simple problem to solve. NO, WE DO NOT CONDONE THROWING GAMES.

We just think its best to limit their chances, while concurrently offering the 2-3 pieces we wish to keep a chance to gro wand develop.

Thats all.

Comment

You've just convinced me you're 12 years old.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                    I wasn't considering either of those teams, so you're assumption is wrong. As things currently project (not predicting future moves by teams), Bucks, Magic, 76ers are below us and will likely stay that way. Jazz and Kings are below us and will likely stay that way. There's 5 already. Suns will drop (too tough in the West to stay at .500), so that's 6. Safe to say that one of: Cavs, Bulls, Bobcats, Celtics, Wolves, Grizzlies will drop, so that takes us to 8 or higher.

Of course, further moves (league wide) will change a lot, so it's all kinda irrelevant.
                    Jazz and Kings are the only teams that's for sure worst than the Raptors, so here is the debate, you think sixers and magic and bucks and even the Suns will all finish worst than the Raptors, I completely disagree, I think all of those teams are better than the Raptors, some are battled with the injury like the Bucks, and LOOK how many points are separated between sixers and raptors?? ONE points, it's too early to say the rankings but to predict and on paper with recent plays I see Sixers, Magic, and Bucks essentially will surpass Raptors and play better than the Raptors. and TWO teams will fall are Cavs and Celtics. Pelicans is in the bubble I am not sure about that.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                      I think Axel, the misunderstanding with most of these guys who don't like us so called "tankers" is that they think we want the players themselves to throw games. Thats a simple problem to solve. NO, WE DO NOT CONDONE THROWING GAMES.

We just think its best to limit their chances, while concurrently offering the 2-3 pieces we wish to keep a chance to gro wand develop.

Thats all.
                      Managements job to tank.

Players coaches job to give it their all every game.

Comment

yep

Comment

Eric Montross 00 wrote: View Post
                          Jazz and Kings are the only teams that's for sure worst than the Raptors, so here is the debate, you think sixers and magic and bucks and even the Suns will all finish worst than the Raptors, I completely disagree, I think all of those teams are better than the Raptors, some are battled with the injury like the Bucks, and LOOK how many points are separated between sixers and raptors?? ONE points, it's too early to say the rankings but to predict and on paper with recent plays I see Sixers, Magic, and Bucks essentially will surpass Raptors and play better than the Raptors. and TWO teams will fall are Cavs and Celtics. Pelicans is in the bubble I am not sure about that.
                          Suns are likely a better team, but in the West they'll likely end up with a worse record.

Sixers have over-achieved thanks to a rookie PG who is very unlikely to keep up that pace; that is the basis of my thought. There is also the looming probability that they trade away Turner, Young and Hawes.

Magic have some interesting pieces, but don't have a legit PG who can play every day (Nelson has played well but is constantly injured) to bring it all together. Oladipo and Afflalo are their likely best wingers but basically play the same position. Nikolai Vucevic and Glen Davis will put up some numbers, but I don't think either player can lead. I just don't see the Magic having that go-to guy on their roster right now.

Bucks have been awful and other than Po, I don't see any real reason for them to improve.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            Suns are likely a better team, but in the West they'll likely end up with a worse record.

Sixers have over-achieved thanks to a rookie PG who is very unlikely to keep up that pace; that is the basis of my thought. There is also the looming probability that they trade away Turner, Young and Hawes.

Magic have some interesting pieces, but don't have a legit PG who can play every day (Nelson has played well but is constantly injured) to bring it all together. Oladipo and Afflalo are their likely best wingers but basically play the same position. Nikolai Vucevic and Glen Davis will put up some numbers, but I don't think either player can lead. I just don't see the Magic having that go-to guy on their roster right now.

Bucks have been awful and other than Po, I don't see any real reason for them to improve.
                            What does Raptor have then ?

now Gay is gone and Lowry is leaving soon? Aren't the Raptors actually worst than Sixers, Magic and Bucks? Talent wise. Sixer winning is not because of Carter-Williams, MCW is a good piece but they play team basketball, just ask any experts no question Sixer is a better team than Raptors. I do recognize Magic might not be as a better team than the Raptors but still, I see them winning more games over the Raptors. I guaranteed you in January this time we will have completely different conversations, the Bucks will be better, and Raptors should be sank in the bottom of the Conference, just look at their schedule, unless they beat Chicago in both games, then they should be around the bottom sank at around January.

Comment

The long-term consequences of those "few more wins" could be devastating. Even the most adamant anti-tankers need to acknowledge this.

"A few more wins" have already cost us Steph Curry and Damian Lillard.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                The long-term consequences of those "few more wins" could be devastating. Even the most adamant anti-tankers need to acknowledge this.

"A few more wins" have already cost us Steph Curry and Damian Lillard.
                                Look at the positive side buddy, had Cavs not drafted Tristan Thompson, but JV, then what are we going to get in 2011? I remember on BC's list if JV is gone then the next would be Bismack Biyambo, now that would be devastating, actually we had a little success at the draft from Derozan, Davis(we shouldn't traded him away), and then JV. Imagine last year we had Lillard instead of Ross, and we kept Davis, things might be very different now. Just amazing how much difference a move or a draft spot can dictate the fate of the franchise, Blazers are the first in western and Raptors are once again tank, tank tank.

Comment

Working...
                                X