2014 Free Agent Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    Somebody stupid like the Bucks or Kings will give Bargs $6M+ per year. Hell, the Knicks might even resign him.
    They've got Phil Jackson now. The time for New York making hilarious, bone headed moves are behind us... I think.

Comment

• More to the point: Bargs is not walking away from eleven million freaking dollars.

Comment

• one day Bargs will find a role in the NBA...

How much do they pay the guys that sweep the courts?
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
          Gibson is on a decent long-term value deal ($8m per year through 2016/17), he's probably going to win Sixth Man of the Year and the only reason he's "sixth man" is because the Bulls needed Carlos Boozer's scoring at PF for most of the year. The only reason Chicago would trade him is if they plan to bring in Nikola Mirotic and Gibson becomes redundant, but that won't happen until Mirotic proves himself in the NBA - e.g. no earlier than halfway through next season - and then Chicago will extract a steep price for Gibson to say the least. I think any plan to "get" Gibson involves us overpaying.
          Oh yes, most certainly we would have to overpay. Anyone that would want Gibson would have to overpay I'm sure. But I think it would be worthwhile for the Raps, depending of course on how much we would have to give up. There is a line, and beyond it you would pay too much. However, I don't think we have seen the best of Gibson, and he is just a great two way player, and I think a perfect fit for the Raps. As a starter, I just don't see how he underperforms a Boozer. If we could get him while keeping Lowry, DD and JV, at least, I would certainly consider it. I would literally be willing to lose one of Amir/Patterson/Hans + Ross to get him. Is that overpaying?

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
            I would literally be willing to lose one of Amir/Patterson/Hans + Ross to get him. Is that overpaying?
            For Gibson that's underpaying considering he's better than every single player you mentioned. I mean, why would Chicago want Amir (not quite as good as Gibson, older, more injury-prone) in place of Gibson even if you threw in Ross? When I say "overpaying" I'm talking "2-3 good players/prospects plus picks" overpaying. Gibson is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Comment

For Gibson that's underpaying considering he's better than every single player you mentioned. I mean, why would Chicago want Amir (not quite as good as Gibson, older, more injury-prone) in place of Gibson even if you threw in Ross? When I say "overpaying" I'm talking "2-3 good players/prospects plus picks" overpaying. Gibson is not going anywhere anytime soon.
              That's probably true but a correction - Amir is younger than Gibson by 2 years.

Comment

• We're constantly reminded about how Amir is younger than you think and that he's still a young player but it still catches me off guard. I would've been sure Gibson was younger than him. He was drafted four years later than Amir..

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                  We're constantly reminded about how Amir is younger than you think and that he's still a young player but it still catches me off guard. I would've been sure Gibson was younger than him. He was drafted four years later than Amir..
                  He was a four year senior, drafted at age 22 if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

• You guys must be mad if you wanna give up Amir or Pat plus Ross for Taj Gibson. Give me a break.

Comment

Ok, so not even Ross's potential would tip the scales? That's fine, I kinda thought I was undervaluing him there anyways, and I would be willing to throw in a 2nd rounder. Amir, Ross and SAC's 2014 2nd is not a bad package IMO. However, I don't think CHI would do this anyways, as moving Gibson with Boozer's imminent amnesty would make them very thin at the PF spot, even with Amir there.

I'm kinda just dreaming here 'cause I think Gibson would be the perfect fit for the way this team plays.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                        He was a four year senior, drafted at age 22 if I'm not mistaken.
                        I know. Actually he was 24 when he was drafted, older than most seniors. I just always assumed he was younger. Looking at his DX profile, his vertical leap was only 30" at the draft combine. I thought he was an athletic freak...I know nothing about him, I avoid watching the bulls I guess

Comment

• The thread is 2014 free agent wishlist. It's quickly turning into a Taj Gibson trade discussion thread, which belongs elsewhere.

I don't want the Raps making any big trades as it always involves future assets. I'd rather take a PF in the draft this year, let him develop behind Amir for a year, then let him loose. Taj Gibson won't put us over the top, and he'd cost us future assets.

If Taj was a free agent I'd be fine with making him an offer, but he's signed through the 2016-17 season and the Bulls have no reason to get rid of him (Boozer will be amnestied, Gibson is obvious replacement). Let's get the thread back on track.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                            You guys must be mad if you wanna give up Amir or Pat plus Ross for Taj Gibson. Give me a break.
                            By far CHI's best player this playoff, and their only consistent scorer. He would elevate our roster easily, and is a definite upgrade over Amir (and I love Amir btw). Because Taj is on such a good contract one would have to give up something of significance to get him, and that would be Ross in my scenario, and at this point, it's really only Ross's potential that is enticing. You might think I am mad for no apparent reason, but I bet you make that offer to CHI and they say no.

Gibson will start for CHI soon, and you will understand how valuable he really is, especially at around 8mil per.

Comment

• MU needs to patiently wait for 2015. With Fields/Hayes off the books.. with $5M in more cap space.. and JV/Ross still on rookie deals.. that's when you make the big splash. Using up assets to free up cap space in 2014 is going to hurt in the long run when better guys are available who cost more.

Outside of Kyle.. the only other guy I really like is Battier. His IQ and skillset would be perfect for the Raptors. Would only need him for 1 year (possibly 2) anyway since I'm sure he's looking towards retirement. Still not sure how I feel about Carter.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                MU needs to patiently wait for 2015. With Fields/Hayes off the books.. with $5M in more cap space.. and JV/Ross still on rookie deals.. that's when you make the big splash. Using up assets to free up cap space in 2014 is going to hurt in the long run when better guys are available who cost more.

Outside of Kyle.. the only other guy I really like is Battier. His IQ and skillset would be perfect for the Raptors. Would only need him for 1 year (possibly 2) anyway since I'm sure he's looking towards retirement. Still not sure how I feel about Carter.

Battier already said he was retiring after this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X