Toronto-OKC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto-OKC

Sam Amico is reporting that OKC is shopping Jeremy Lamb and looking for an experienced shooting guard, so:

TO OKC: DeMar DeRozan and one of Tyler Hansbrough or Patrick Patterson
    TO TORONTO: Kendrick Perkins, Jeremy Lamb, OKC's 2014 first-rounder, Dallas' 2014 first-rounder (top-20 protected)

Some people might be saying "wait, TWO first-rounders" but OKC's first-rounder is going to be no higher than 25th so it's barely a first-rounder, and Dallas' first-rounder will either be bottom third of the round or delayed until 2015. They're not great 2014 first-round picks, is my point. But they're first-round picks in 2014 and that matters, especially when we're taking on Kendrick Perkins' dead-weight contract. OKC gets DeMar, who bolsters them at SG and is better than Lamb, and either of Hansbrough or Patterson is an upgrade over Perkins. I think the trade justifies both of the picks.

I like it but I don't see 2 first round picks coming our way with that proposed trade. I think you'd have to include maybe Ross...
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

It's interesting. I wonder if they really need a true big minutes 6th man like DeMar considering how well Reggie Jackson is playing and that Westbrook plays alongside Jackson quite a bit. I think Lamb is more than fine as a cheap 4th guard.

But if they feel they want an upgrade, then definitely Ujiri should get involved (and probably is).

However, Lamb+2 1st round picks is an overkill. DeMar isn't the only shooting guard on the market. I imagine the Magic would easily trade Afflalo for a package like that, and Afflalo is a more complete all around player on a cheaper contract.

Now, should Ujiri trade DeMar if the best they offer is Perkins+Lamb? I think the Raptors would have to still strongly consider it. Lamb is a very nice prospect and there'd be a lot of extra cap space in 2015. Not to mention it helps the tank.

Comment

WOOOW, even with Rudy gone you guys still want DeMar to go?
        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
        No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

What about Salmons to OKC for Perkins & Lamb? Could Salmons give them a boost off the bench similar to the one Martin provided last season? Also saves OKC $3.5M this season and $10.6M next season (after paying $1M buyout for Salmons).

It works in the Trade Machine.

Ideally Toronto would also get a 1st round pick out of OKC, possibly giving back a 2nd round pick (Toronto could give OKC back their own 2014 pick that Toronto got from NY).

EDIT:

To make the salary situation a little more balanced, and to provide a replacement for Perkins, I see two options (both are done as 2 trades):

1) Salmons - Perkins / Hansborough - Lamb & 1st round pick

2) Salmons & 2nd round pick - Perkins & Lamb & 1st round pick / Hayes - TPE ($6M TPE from Martin)
          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Dec 10, 2013, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Salmons is an overpaid scrub..

Comment

I think the original trade would be worth considering, but with some slight alterations.

I do like Lamb coming back, and I do like the 2 First Rounders. Question is, is OKC willing to trade them both? Mr. Presti does like his Draft Picks, but DD could really give them that punch off the bench.

OKC has been saying how Lamb is developing, but they'd gladly trade him for somebody that can give them a big punch off the bench.

We take Perk off their hands...anybody know when his contract expires? Internet in China is mad slow/shitty, can't check.

DD beside a Westbrook/Durant, he'd be a legit 3rd Option on the floor sometimes, or a 2nd, where I thikn he'd really excel in.

EDIT: I'd rather give up Patterson.

I think TH/Salmons, because of their Cheap Contracts (Salmons being able to be waived for $1 Million), will bring in some good rewards by Trade Deadline, or a team trying to get under the cap, or some extra skill on the bench come playoff-time.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                What about Salmons to OKC for Perkins & Lamb? Could Salmons give them a boost off the bench similar to the one Martin provided last season? Also saves OKC $3.5M this season and $10.6M next season (after paying $1M buyout for Salmons).

Ideally Toronto would also get a 1st round pick out of OKC, possibly giving back a 2nd round pick (Toronto could give OKC back their own 2014 pick that Toronto got from NY).

EDIT:

To make the salary situation a little more balanced, and to provide a replacement for Perkins, I see two options (both are done as 2 trades):

2) Salmons & 2nd round pick - Perkins & Lamb & 1st round pick / Hayes - TPE ($6M TPE from Martin)
                These trades would both be GOLD.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

EDIT:

I think I might be getting a little greedy. I'd even let OKC keep Lamb in both scenarios:

1) a) Salmons - Perkins b) Hansborough/Patterson/Hayes - TPE & 1st round pick

* in this scenario, I'd prefer to force OKC to take on Hayes, to clear some 2014-15 salary from Toronto's payroll

Comment

In. A. Heartbeat.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Can you imagine this trade, along with the trade that magoon posted with TOR & CHI?

We would've gotten rid of Lowry, DD, Amir, TH, Salmons, Hayes, and picked up 4-Extra First Rounders. Granted, all towards the bottom of the board, but damn.

5-First Round Picks, and with the chance of still having 1/2 Second Rounders.

One can dream :P

Comment

Working...
                      X