X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy Gay - Sabotaged?

What do you guys think?

http://probballreport.com/was-rudy-g...ed-in-toronto/

I'd call that BS. The guy wants to be the best player but then complains about getting too big of a role?

Not sabotage. Misplaced faith (by Casey) is more likely.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Interesting read. Not really providing any new info though. We know what Gay is, and asking him to do more isn't putting him into terrible situations. He didn't sacrifice the shooting part of his game and he didn't ever really try and do those extra things. If he was trying to be a point forward, I missed it. And we didn't go small all that often, he was our starting 3.

He is probably more suited as a 2 or 3 option, but he isn't paid like it.

In Memphis he was also in a system with a coach that demanded discipline. SAC doesn't have an exceptionally strong system or leadership.

Finally, there are no distributors in SAC, his situation there seems to be much closer to the Raptors than to the Grizzlies.

Not to mention the chemistry issues that can accompany having Cousins as a team mate.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

That has got to be one of the dumbest articles I've ever read. The logical leaps are astonishing.

I completely agree that coach Casey is an idiot and a terrible coach, who didn't always necessarily use Gay the most effective way (how did the Raptors analytic folks miss the SF/PF advanced stats gaps?). However, to suggest that this was an attempt at sabotage, is mindboggling.

There was also talk in the article about Gay not using his shooting ability to help the team (ummm he shot at will and was horribly inefficient), rather playing the role of facilitator for his teammates (ummm he was a black-hole that will never be confused with an offensive facilitator).

Was Gay always used effectively? Probably not.

Was Gay sabotaged, or simply the victim of a bad coach running a team lacking talent? Most definitely the latter.

Comment

The poorly worded headline is a desperate attention grabber.

Where are those SF vs. PF numbers from? I read the exact opposite numbers in articles describing Sacto's plans for Gay - they found him more successful at PF and thought he'd been miscast at SF. They plan to use him as a stretch 4.

About the only thing Gay did better when his shot wasn't falling was rebound. He rebounded really well this year - everything else was much more a case of Gay Sabotages the Raptors Offence than vice versa.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
            Interesting read. Not really providing any new info though. We know what Gay is, and asking him to do more isn't putting him into terrible situations. He didn't sacrifice the shooting part of his game and he didn't ever really try and do those extra things. If he was trying to be a point forward, I missed it. And we didn't go small all that often, he was our starting 3.

He is probably more suited as a 2 or 3 option, but he isn't paid like it.

In Memphis he was also in a system with a coach that demanded discipline. SAC doesn't have an exceptionally strong system or leadership.

Finally, there are no distributors in SAC, his situation there seems to be much closer to the Raptors than to the Grizzlies.

Not to mention the chemistry issues that can accompany having Cousins as a team mate.
            HOLY MOLY . you ever watched the Raptors play or what?

Comment

..the former Raptors forward Rudy Gay could perceive, in hindsight, his 10 months in Toronto as an attempt to sabotage his reputation and career.
              I think I'm never reading this writer again.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

From Tom Haberstroh's chat yesterday:

Rudy Gay #1 Fan (Allstar Land)

Hi Tom, with the great Rudy Gay now on the Kings, what will happen to the amazing Boogie Cousins numbers?

Tom Haberstroh
                (2:39 PM)

They will vanish with every pull-up long 2. Seriously, did you see Amir Johnson's breakout performance last night? Remember, he played 81 percent of his minutes this season next to Rudy Gay this season, which has to be an occupational hazard. Tweeted this out earlier, but Amir averaged 46 touches per game this season entering Sunday's game. Without Rudy Gay last night? 71 touches for Amir. Sorry, Boogie.
                http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...tom-haberstroh

Now I get Amir's request to come off the bench rather than start.
                Last edited by stretch; Tue Dec 10, 2013, 02:14 PM.

Comment

ugghghghghhhhhh...

Mr. Brotherston lost me on this one. Whole article seems like a click generator.
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    ugghghghghhhhhh...

Mr. Brotherston lost me on this one. Whole article seems like a click generator.
                    Doesn't he post on here sometimes?

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      He's been known to slum it down here once in a while.
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                        He's been known to slum it down here once in a while.
                        Well he would be better suited just copying and pasting material from the threads than using that drivel.

Comment

Brotherston is a few steps below Bleacher Report.

Comment

This is easily the worst Brotherston article I've ever read. Not that he puts out pulitzer material...but wow....this is just dreadful.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                              Didn't he post something completely ridiculous on here not too long ago? Can't remember the topic...
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                              X