No announcement yet.

Game #20: San Antonio Spurs 116 - Toronto Raptors 103

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this was as good as game as both sides can agree on for now. The Raps competed hard, and played well in 2 1/2 quarters but ultimately fell to a better team.

But we saw some good things: better ball movement, more PnR, guys fighting hard, DD's 7 assists, Lowry with a good night.

We need to work on our transition offence. At one point in the 3rd Q, we had a 3 on 1, with Lowry, Ross and Demar. Ross trailed behind Lowry while Demar was split out to the left. Lowry dropped the ball to Ross, but because he was running the same lane the Spurs defender (Parker I think) didn't have to move to be guarding both KL and Ross. Ross needs to get out wide and/or Lowry needs to get the ball to Demar who had the open lane.

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• The Spurs showed why they should have won the title last year -- crisp passes, spacing and overall execution on offense. DeMar had to create plays & I'm happy to see him drop 7 dimes -- shows that he's a willing passer.

Valanciunas and Ross are raw -- need to improve a lot by the end of the season. Valanciunas is not smooth at all (yet) but he has a nice touch around the rim. Ross has no in between game (yet) -- either a 3 or in the paint -- which is good for 'stats' but you need that in your arsenal.

I still like Buycks over Stone -- not sure why -- but I think it's cause Stone is hopeless on offense. I'm happy they released Augustine instead of Buycks (more potential there).

I still wish we traded Daye instead of Acy but we would have had to wait until the 15th & who knows what damage Gay could have done within that time frame.

Overall, it's a lot easier to watch the Raptors knowing we're going to try to develop our young guns instead of losing with the best we have.

P.S. Fields is terrible -- as always
      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• I just wanted to say that Amir's NBA.com hightlight-of-the-night block was about a million times more impressive in person. The fact that the camera does it no justice and it was still the highlight of the night tells you just how powerful it was.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/to...of-the-day.nba

Comment

• Saw the first quarter at a pub before I had to leave. Raps looked terrifice, Val was unstoppable. Then I had to leave and missed the inevitable Spurs comeback. I may start doing this all year: watch the first quarter, turn it off. Was very enjoyable.

Comment

• big red wrote: View Post
            I just wanted to say that Amir's NBA.com hightlight-of-the-night block was about a million times more impressive in person. The fact that the camera does it no justice and it was still the highlight of the night tells you just how powerful it was.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/to...of-the-day.nba
            Leonard's reaction was the best. He might as well have been a chalk outline on the floor, as the Raptors took off on the break.

Comment

• Game #20: San Antonio Spurs 116 - Toronto Raptors 103

Even thought we lost. I was very pleased with this game. Once again our bench lost the momentum in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd. The new recruits and a healthy Hansbrough should help at that. With Pat Patterson I really never want to see Novak at the 4 ever again and Daye on the floor ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Dec 11, 2013, 12:33 PM.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
              X