Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a team with more PG Controversy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Yeah, but looking at the numbers Lowry is putting up right now, it's not easy to find another PG out there outside of elite talent whom can do that. For the right price I would rather keep him and use the pick on a position of real need like SG, SF or PF. We should not consider PG our weakest spot right now, as he is giving us near 15pts, 7ast, & 4rebs a game.
    Jameer Nelson puts up similar numbers. Point is, if we don't draft Smart/Exum, then there are players out there to fill in. We aren't competing next year anyway so it won't really matter who
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      Jameer Nelson puts up similar numbers. Point is, if we don't draft Smart/Exum, then there are players out there to fill in. We aren't competing next year anyway so it won't really matter who
      I like how people assume "if" we tank this year that will tank next year as well. Masai doesn't strike me as that patient. Seeing that we're not sure that we're taking this year. We should make assumptions about the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        I like how people assume "if" we tank this year that will tank next year as well. Masai doesn't strike me as that patient. Seeing that we're not sure that we're taking this year. We should make assumptions about the next.

I think it's fair to assume that Masai won't be putting a patchwork group of misfits together (a la Colangelo) in a desperate attempt to scrape into the 8th seed.

And this roster is a LOOONNNNGGGG ways away from being competitive. 2 years is probably the absolute minimum.

Comment

Hey, who knows what's going to happen eventually, but if Ujiri's any one thing, patient is it.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
            Hey, who knows what's going to happen eventually, but if Ujiri's any one thing, patient is it.
            17 games is not patient lol

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

It is compared to tearing it down in the summer, which is what some wanted. Also most people around here (not sure if you're included) expected change to start at 20-25 games at the latest. They had played 18 games and were 6-12.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                It is compared to tearing it down in the summer, which is what some wanted. Also most people around here (not sure if you're included) expected change to start at 20-25 games at the latest. They had played 18 games and were 6-12.
                And from what Masai said, the opportunity just came along. They pretty much knew they had to get rid of Gay because of the contract thing.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                  And from what Masai said, the opportunity just came along. They pretty much knew they had to get rid of Gay because of the contract thing.
                  Right. Basically he wanted a deal with more usable/movable pieces than the rumoured Detroit offer of CV and Stuckey. Stuckey is a below average bench scorer. CV is essentially useless. They are movable as contracts because they're expiring, but undesirable pieces that you actually won't get good return for on their own. And even as expiring contracts, the piece you attach them to (since they have no on-court value) would have to be very desirable to the other team, making it a piece you likely don't want to give up.

Vasquez is certainly serviceable. A very good backup or average starter who excels as a pass-first PG so a team could really want him for fit reasons. Patterson is young, cheap, and while average or below average as a PF, he brings that youth, a cheap contract, a jumper and a good attitude. Salmons is a wildcard. If he plays well in Toronto there could be interest, since he's one of those guys that always tends to play better after getting traded. Hayes is probably the most useless and undesirable because his contract is fairly big for a limited F/C with poor height.

Now those guys may need to be packaged as well, but as smaller pieces that might be more useful, it may give you more opportunity to make changes while hanging on to the pieces you really want. Getting CV and Stuckey would be the Utah route (Jefferson/Biedrins)...The obvious tank route of "we don't care if guys on our roster have little-to-no on-court value and nobody else wants them because we're trying to suck as much as possible."

Comment

17 games? He's traded away two contracts in 6 months. He said they'd spend 45 days to evaluate the roster to start this season. Then they traded Gay after 40 days. So I guess you're right on that one - clearly he was in a bit of a rush to dump Rudy Gay. Shoulda waited the extra 5 days.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

If we tear it down properly this year, then next year we wont have to tank, but will be naturally not very good as we will be focusing on developing players. Look at OKC, they drafted the best possible player 3 years in a row and it still took a few years before they were out of the bottom 5. If you think drafting anyone in 2014 will make this team a playoff team next year then you are sorely wrong about the talent we currently have. 2 year minimum picking in the top 10

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

And Jameer Nelson has been part of both a competetive team and now a tanking team. My point is that if it isn't broke then don't fix it. The real problem on this team is in my opinion and in order:

SG - Love DeMar, but he is a deeply flawed player. Great that he's shooting better but the rest of the numbers across the board are weak. Most importantly unless you have an elite level SF which is rare, you absolutely MUST have a SG that can handle the ball and create. If you don't it's way too easy to force the ball out of Lowry's hands and your ofense is dead at that point.

PF - We need someone worthy of being a starter at that position

SF - If DeMar is the future at SG, then you absolutely have to have an elite level SF whom can create and handle the ball

Comment

And Jameer Nelson has been part of both a competetive team and now a tanking team. My point is that if it isn't broke then don't fix it. The real problem on this team is in my opinion and in order:

SG - Love DeMar, but he is a deeply flawed player. Great that he's shooting better but the rest of the numbers across the board are weak. Most importantly unless you have an elite level SF which is rare, you absolutely MUST have a SG that can handle the ball and create. If you don't it's way too easy to force the ball out of Lowry's hands and your ofense is dead at that point.

PF - We need someone worthy of being a starter at that position

SF - If DeMar is the future at SG, then you absolutely have to have an elite level SF whom can create and handle the ball
                          The team is very broke, and fixing it doesn't mean paying KL $10M, it means finding quality contracts and/or stud prospects.

Comment

The team is very broke, and fixing it doesn't mean paying KL $10M, it means finding quality contracts and/or stud prospects.
                            My original post to Calgary Fan did say "for the right price".

And yes, the team is very broke which is why we should be trying to fix the parts that are broken, not the parts that are working.

Comment

My original post to Calgary Fan did say "for the right price".

And yes, the team is very broke which is why we should be trying to fix the parts that are broken, not the parts that are working.
                              2 part honest question for you:

1. What is the right price for you to re-sign Lowry?

2. What price do you expect Lowry to actually be willing to accept (from any team including the Raps)?

Comment

No, but it's not unfair to assume that if you tank this year you will just be plain BAD next year. If you gut your team to get a high draft pick it will take more than 1 year to fix that.

Comment

Working...
                                X