Tank Standings Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Going by the current standings, Detroit is the 8th seed with a 0.412 winning percentage. Extrapolating that percentage for a full season, we can say that ~34 wins is required to make the playoffs. The Raps need another 18 wins to reach 34. Anything less than 18 more wins, and we're in the lottery.

The numbers above are not written in stone. Just meant to be a guide to show that the "9 more wins" doesn't seem to make any sense.
    I like looking at the total W's each team has, as a good indicator of where teams stand. The bottom half of the league, in terms of wins, is closely bunched together. Any streak, winning or losing, could cause significant movement in the standings, at this point of the season.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
      A poster on the Raptors FB page is saying that tanking is impossible now, that for the raps to even get into the lottery, they have to win max 9 games till the end of the season.

Matt, can you confirm? Or somebody who's into stats and stuff
      Not sure how anyone can make this claim unless they are making a grossly erroneous assumption that all team winning percentages over the last x number of games remain the same.

There are 3 wins separating Toronto from 4th and 9th in the east with 50 games to go and 5 wins separating 4th and 13th.

Milwaukee got to 30-28 last year before finishing 8-16 in the 8th seed.

Personally I wouldn't put much faith in such proclamations.

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/luol-de...073843211.html

Deng to cavs!

Things are getting interesting....well more interesting.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
          A poster on the Raptors FB page is saying that tanking is impossible now, that for the raps to even get into the lottery, they have to win max 9 games till the end of the season.

Matt, can you confirm? Or somebody who's into stats and stuff
          this isnt a hard thing to calculate. and raptors fb posters = absolute morons.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            http://sports.yahoo.com/news/luol-de...073843211.html

Deng to cavs!

Things are getting interesting....well more interesting.
            Looks like Chicago has officially entered the tank wars.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction

Comment

I wonder what Chicago would give us for taking Boozer off their hands?
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                  I wonder what Chicago would give us for taking Boozer off their hands?
                  The rumblings are that Chicago will amnesty Boozer.. I wonder if the Raptors would be interested in a waived Boozer.. that wouldn't be a bad trade asset plus give us depth. Assuming we pick him up for say $5M.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    And Miami has probably just secured their 3rd title (assuming they pick up Bynum off the waivers).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      The rumblings are that Chicago will amnesty Boozer.. I wonder if the Raptors would be interested in a waived Boozer.. that wouldn't be a bad trade asset plus give us depth. Assuming we pick him up for say $5M.
                      I wouldn't trade for him, but acquiring him this way is interesting. he knows how to play on strong defensive teams, and gives a good scoring option down low. Honestly, because Amir is our defensive anchor, I'd be hesitant to replace him right now in the starting lineup with a weaker defensive player, but on a cheap deal you could easily justify having him come off the bench...wouldn't that be interesting?

Comment

• If Boozer is amnestied, I assume there will be interest from a lot of teams. He's still a very productive player.

Comment

• This season is really shaping up to be an upside-down season in the EC, after the top-2 teams; Chicago & Atlanta now on the way down, Cleveland on the way up.

Tonight is an interesting night for the EC and tank standings:
                          - Toronto @ Indy
                          - Washington @ Charlotte
                          - Philadelphia @ Cleveland (will Deng suit up?)
                          - Detroit @ NY
                          - Phoenix @ Chicago
                          - LAL @ Dallas
                          - Boston @ Denver
                          - Memphis (SA), Milwaukee (GS), Utah (OKC) and Sacramento (Portland) are also in action, in much less winnable games

It's crazy how tight the middle/bottom of the league standings are, considering that half the league currently have 10-15 wins on the season, with 13 teams having 11-15 wins.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            And Miami has probably just secured their 3rd title (assuming they pick up Bynum off the waivers).
                            Nobody's picking Bynum off waivers because they don't want to have to take on his bloated "if he works out" contract. Bynum will come off the waivers and then Miami will start bidding for him against the Clippers, who also want Bynum, and can get him more easily.

Comment

• If Deng can make that appalling team respectable I'll be very impressed.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                If Boozer is amnestied, I assume there will be interest from a lot of teams. He's still a very productive player.
                                If I recall teams under the cap have the right to bid first against a player that was waived due to amnesty. Shouldn't be that many teams that will have that cap space available. But there might be a bit of a bidding war. Reminds me a bit of Scola's value when he was amnestied by Houston.

Comment

Working...
                                X