No announcement yet.

What's your price on Amir?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think any picks regardless of where it lands, whether its 15 or 5 is an asset worth pursuing for Amir... Personally I believe in Masai's draft decisions. For example: a 5th overall pick in the hands of Cavs GM (Mr Grant) and a 15th overall pick in Masai's hand might just have the same value if not a better pick for Masai. It's not so much of where the pick is, it's what we do with that pick.
    Also, The 12th overall pick from Raps sweeten the pot for OKC in the Harden deal... Anyone think Lowry instead of that pick would have done the same?

Basically what I am trying to say is any first round pick or any young movable rookie contract assets is worth pursuing for Amir... Let the bashing unravel...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
      Mike James' stats in 05-06 for the Raptors
      20.3 PPG
      5.8 APG
      47% FG
      44% 3pt

basically untradeable if you asked (some of) the members on this board.

Oh my.

He wa salso a hog, a black hole of epic proportions. he also complaine dthat he didn't make enough to feed his family, he also pissed his mates quite a bit with his "star" attitude, he also.... ugh, shit really? Are you really using Mike fucking James as a comparison to Amir Johnson?

You wanna talk Crazu pills..... your posting like Derek Fucking Zoolander Himself.... "A READING CENTER FOR ANTS????"

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
        I think any picks regardless of where it lands, whether its 15 or 5 is an asset worth pursuing for Amir... Personally I believe in Masai's draft decisions. For example: a 5th overall pick in the hands of Cavs GM (Mr Grant) and a 15th overall pick in Masai's hand might just have the same value if not a better pick for Masai. It's not so much of where the pick is, it's what we do with that pick.
        Also, The 12th overall pick from Raps sweeten the pot for OKC in the Harden deal... Anyone think Lowry instead of that pick would have done the same?

Basically what I am trying to say is any first round pick or any young movable rookie contract assets is worth pursuing for Amir... Let the bashing unravel...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I am no tbashing you rpost because you post brings up an interesting wrinkle. i agree.

but that assumes we know what the great UM has got spinning about in his big brain.... In a scenario like the one you presented, you'r elooking at trading him for a pick you can spin into a top pick.... well there ya go. Diff route to get exactly where we say we'd have to go to trade him, and thats a very high pick.

Good call though.... i likey

Comment

• This was on hoops hype today about Amir and Jonas, I am not a subscriber so cant read the full article.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/toronto_raptors

Comment

• Could be that there is way more going on behind the scene than we think. But as we should know by now MU will get at least their value probably more. I am not worried in the least about getting our return now. Even though there are some guys I want to see stay, MU gets a lot more than anyone expects.

Comment

• If it was a top 10 pick then I would definitely entertain the idea of flipping that for Amir.. the reason is because I have faith in the new GM and assistant GM to scout and draft well. For all the boneheaded picks in the top 10 you also have to determine who the GM was at the time and the quality of that draft class.

I really like Amir but he's also a really good asset. I don't think the Raptors are a contender in 2 years. When Amir's contract expires he might consider coming back to Toronto if he liked playing here so much.

The question really though is would a bottom 10 team want Amir? I don't think they would. Amir is a better asset in a trade for a talented player (as an example, Amir and filler for Love).

Comment

• delman21 wrote: View Post
                This was on hoops hype today about Amir and Jonas, I am not a subscriber so cant read the full article.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/toronto_raptors
                "It would take a pretty 'high draft' pick to pry away Amir" Interesting. I guess i underestimated Amir's value.

But you know what i like? Valanciunas is virtually untouchable.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Mike James' stats in 05-06 for the Raptors
                  20.3 PPG
                  5.8 APG
                  47% FG
                  44% 3pt

basically untradeable if you asked (some of) the members on this board.

All Star if you ask them

Comment

• hahaha well he had allstar attitude, thats for sure...I actually liked it at the time because the rest of the team were a bunch of massive pussies.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Yeah I am on Craigs side, the argument fails if for every Paul George there was a Patrick O'Bryant.
                      One cannot give us only the successes without giving us the sample size.

Given the list, the range is picks 8-18 (11 picks), and given 15 years. (15 * 11) We have 165 players. I only counted 25 names on that list making a 'success' proportion of: 25/165 = 15.2%

Trade Amir for a 15% chance at any player on that list? No. Never.
                      You have a 15% of becoming great or a 100% chance of staying shitty.

Your choice.

Comment

You have a 15% of becoming great or a 100% chance of staying shitty.

Your choice.
                        Well thats a false Dichotomy if I ever saw one myself.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/black-or-white

You presented two alternative states as the only possibilities, when in fact more possibilities exist.

Also known as the false dilemma, this insidious tactic has the appearance of forming a logical argument, but under closer scrutiny it becomes evident that there are more possibilities than the either/or choice that is presented. Binary, black-or-white thinking doesn't allow for the many different variables, conditions, and contexts in which there would exist more than just the two possibilities put forth. It frames the argument misleadingly and obscures rational, honest debate.

Example: Whilst rallying support for his plan to fundamentally undermine citizens' rights, the Supreme Leader told the people they were either on his side, or they were on the side of the enemy.
                        Last edited by enlightenment; Tue Dec 17, 2013, 05:38 PM.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• so if we had a top ten pick in this years draft, would we trade it for amir Johnson? are u kidding me?
                          no one is gonna offer that for him. and if any gm thinks that way they should be fired.

Comment

• Evia99 wrote: View Post
                            so if we had a top ten pick in this years draft, would we trade it for amir Johnson? are u kidding me?
                            no one is gonna offer that for him. and if any gm thinks that way they should be fired.
                            haha

I like this one.

Comment

Is your goal for this team to "not suck" or to be "great"?
                              That is a great question.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                                Well thats a false Dichotomy if I ever saw one myself.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/black-or-white
                                That's great, maybe one day you'll also notice how the NBA works. Every team has an Amir Johnson, Amir Johnson's show up on crappy teams all the time. Only a handful of teams have stars that can take you to the 2nd round. Stars that show up in Toronto get drafted.

Comment

Working...
                                X