No announcement yet.

What's your price on Amir?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll echo what others have said, in that it would have to be a "deal you can't refuse". Amir, and I'll lump DeMar into the same category, may never be superstars, but they bring much more to the team than their stats, and the kind of dedicated hard-working, ever improving players that you need in building a winning culture. They present a hell of an example of being a pro, to any young kids coming in, which alone can accelerate their development.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
      Amir's worth more than a top 10 to me. Still too much of a gamble in #5-10 - plenty of picks in that range will not become as effective as Amir. And he's still getting better, which is crazy. Evidently his capable of extending his range (not that I really want him away from the basket) as well as being the second best finisher in the league at the rim, next to LeBron James.

Amir is underrated, still, and on a great contract. I'd want a top 5 in the next draft - but you won't get that straight up. He'd have to be in a package.
      So you would throw away multiple seasons to try and get lottery picks, but you wouldn't trade Amir, for said pick? Excuse me while I slam my head agains this table and ponder that thought

Comment

I'm with Stooley, I like both Amir and DD as pieces going forward to compliment JV. I would trade him for the right package, but how are you going to replace him going forward? It's not easy to find guys like Amir, and like ezz_bee mentioned, Amir is some serious bang for the buck and a tough trade to win if you move him.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          So you would throw away multiple seasons to try and get lottery picks, but you wouldn't trade Amir, for said pick? Excuse me while I slam my head agains this table and ponder that thought
          Sorry, that was rude. I don't follow the logic though. Picks in the 5 - 10 range are what we are after with all this talk about tanking no?

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
            I don't get this criticism. Nobody thinks they know what Ujiri's thinking, obviously. Everybody's sharing perspectives. One side thinks comments and transactions thus far "prove" their perspective, and they other side thinks the same of their perspective. Pretty sure everyone's self-aware that they're only discussing personal opinions. Not sure how this accusation (which is being repeated somewhat frequently) is relevant or helpful.
            Numerous posts say otherwise. there is a whole thread devoted to suggesting that "the debate is over", and I've seen numerous posts, there and elsewhere, that go as far as calling people ridiculous/delusional if they don't see that MU is in full tank mode.

Comment

I love Amir but you'd HAVE to move him for a top ten pick, but I think the whole discussion is moot, since no team drafting that high would ever offer it for him.

I'd move him for a first rounder/solid young prospect + cap relief.

Comment

I think Amir can fetch some ransom, but is he the perfect compliment to JV going forward at least until his contract is up.

He has no experience of course but he plays hurt, does all the dirty work, doesn't complain can get double double just for showing up, and "OLD" School Pro. He allows JV to shine, did I mention he is unselfish as well.

There is no player outside of the Julius Randle who gets the same numbers next year, without getting plays called for them, Amir runs the P&R and HUSTLE. BANG FOR BUCK absolutely. But that being said for the right deal meaning a better player not a unproven pick, yes do it. But we all know that won't be happening.

Same goes for DD but he still has upside some of us believe anyway. He could be very valuable in the near future, depends on if he keeps improving and TO keeps winning. Either or keep'em I say.

We can still make some noise this year and possibly get a pic, maybe late, and end up with pieces and the playoffs to attract player, and or trades. Lowery is still a coveted piece for playoff teams, who knows if CHI town takes him and out pick and returns the 2 they have. No one knows how desperate teams will be. Lots of the players in todays game didn't hear the crowd when we were winning before the baby syndrome set in, Vince and Bosh. So that also might ignite a following like DD was talking about with FA's coming here in the future. Add a couple of pieces from the draft if we cant get Andrew and wait for him when he becomes a free agent, cause we will have the best shot if we got the money.

I think the all-star game in 2016 will be a good chance of TO landing someone, or increasing our chances anyhow.

Comment

I would look at what Phoenix got for Gortat this summer as a rough guideline for Amir's value.

Top 12 protected pick + a big expiring contract in Okafor.

It's worth mentioning that the Wizards got plenty of criticism after this deal, as many thought they overpaid for a guy like Gortat just to try and make the playoffs. So this may even be a bit on the high side of what you can expect to get in return for him.

Comment

I would strongly consider Amir for Perkins and 2 firsts (Dallas and OKC).

Raps can bring Amir back as free agent in 2015.

Comment

Amir for top 12 pick plus a prospect
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

On draft night a pick in the 5-10 range. If another GM doesn't like it, too bad, Amir is that level of player for the Raps

Amir does everything right on the court but is not a Franchise Guy, he is however a guy that you have to have in your franchise

Comment

Mid First round pick.

Although i can see teams overpaying for him because he's a big that can make open shots. Good rebounder, great finisher and a great teammate.

And i think if MU decides to trade Amir. I think we're going to get a good package in return.
                          Last edited by The Great One; Mon Dec 16, 2013, 04:39 PM.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Because he's basically an expiring contract -- team option at a reasonable price tag -- He's easily our best trade chip.

I won't trade him unless we get a really intriguing prospect + a first round pick ---- which won't happen, so I'd rather keep him.

You have financial flexibility by having him on the team + he's an excellent defender + good touch around the rim + some sort of mid range shot to give you spacing. He's perfect right next to Val. He's a mobile defender, does the intangibles + he's a rim protector aka "doctor of denial".

I'll trade DeRozan before I trade Amir & if I do trade Amir, I'm attaching Novak or Fields in it. Basically, for what he brings on the court & the flexibility of his contract, I'd rather keep him & name him our captain.
                            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Did someone say price?

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Whoah. Is that girl on the right all plastic or just 80%
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X