No announcement yet.

What's your price on Amir?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MKG has a broken shot no matter how much you can work on it he still won't be effective
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Amir's value is probably higher than MKG's is at this point. MKG plus a first-rounder is probably Amir's value.

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
        MKG has a broken shot no matter how much you can work on it he still won't be effective
        you ever see Shawn Marion shoot? Ed Davis? help me out people...who else turned a broke as hell shot into something passable?
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          you ever see Shawn Marion shoot? Ed Davis? help me out people...who else turned a broke as hell shot into something passable?
          Well if he turns into Shawn Marion, that would be nice.
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
            Amir's worth more than a top 10 to me. Still too much of a gamble in #5-10 - plenty of picks in that range will not become as effective as Amir.
            And plenty will become more effective, especially in a draft like this. That's the essence of a draft. It's an opportunity and a gamble.

Comment

Marion, despite his terrible form, made shots though.

As for Davis, it's a lot easier to fix a 15 footer, than a 23 footer

Comment

Shawn Marion shot even though it was ugly as hell it was smooth and ed just had mechanic problems but MKG is a different story have you seen him actually shoot a ball ?if someone out there can fix his shot they deserve a nobel peace prize
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                  Well if he turns into Shawn Marion, that would be nice.
                  I think that could be his career trajectory.
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

You don't trade Amir...one of the best values per dollar veteran in the league

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
                      26 year old vet at that

Comment

Amir is not a veteran, he's in the middle of his prime. Veteran is 30 plus in my eyes or a declining player in his late 20s.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

If Ujiri identifies that the Raptors aren't going to compete for another 2-3 years, then holding onto Amir in his prime now may not be the best play. It would make more sense to maximize his value now in a trade.

But I don't think anyone is advocating shipping Amir for spare parts.

Comment

If you want to be competitive in the next 3 to 4 years ABSOLUTELY you keep AMIR JOHNSON. No question. Well unless a killer deal comes along...but I digress.

If the goal is to start a long term rebuild project, Amir is as you say one of the best values per dollar veteran in the league, and so it would be best to get value for him while he still holds value....never know when one of his rubber ankles is going to snap.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Amir is not a veteran, he's in the middle of his prime. Veteran is 30 plus in my eyes or a declining player in his late 20s.
                              So if you have a 26 year old rookie when he is 30 he is more of a vet than amir who has been in the league for 8 years? Or by the time amir is 30, 12years?

Years of experience, not age, is what makes a veteran.
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

I like flowers
                                Last edited by thead; Tue Dec 17, 2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X