Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's really to blame for the Knick's disappointing season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's really to blame for the Knick's disappointing season?

I've been looking through the New York Knicks' forums at RealGM and most of them do believe that Woodson is the main issue for their "recent struggles" to put it gently. And it begs the question. Who's actually more to blame? Woodson for struggling to get wins in a shitty Eastern Conference? Or Dolan for putting together a really shitty lineup that has no synergy together. Personally, I don't really think this is entirely Woodson's fault. Dolan has put together a team that just doesn't work gel together. They put together two PFs who don't play any defense whatsoever in Bargnani and Amare. JR Smith's too busy fighting with Woodson to play well. While Melo might be hurting his team by taking most of the possessions for iso, you can't really blame him. This team sucks and he's desperately trying to get wins. Felton has been fat and useless for the past 2-3 years already. Shumpert hasn't improved at all like everyone had hoped. And unfortunately, Chandler has been injured, so there is absolutely no defensive presence in the paint especially when you're counting on Bargnani and Amare to be your defensive big men now. I still think Woodson shouldn't be fired even though he probably will be if the Knicks continue to lose games after any trades they might pull *cough*LOWRY*cough*. Woodson should have no problems getting a new coaching job once he gets fired. Thoughts? Does Woodson deserve all the blame?

Of course the coach gets the blame. Same thing as Sam Mitchell when he got fired, they get praised one year, and thrown under the bus the next. This ain't the coaches fault, team is full of ego's and offensive minded players. Chandler is their most important player IMO and he's injured, so that doesn't help

Comment

The GM and Melo.

Comment

The Knicks had a lot go right for them last year. I think a lot of the struggles aren't really struggles but just the Knicks moving back closer to where they should be. Chandler being out has obviously hurt but the guard play has been awful all year. The artist formerly known as JR Smith is missing in action and the PGs have been atrocious. Shumpert has regressed.

The Knicks always had a small margin for error and basically everything that could go wrong has gone wrong.

Comment

Im secretly blaming it on bargs. well... not so secretly anymore
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
            Im secretly blaming it on bargs. well... not so secretly anymore
            I always liked Bargs, and I was always pulling for him when he was here. But when you look at his time with the Raptors, now his time with the Knicks, and then consider how the national teams that he played on always tended to 'underachieve' relative to the amount NBA talent they had...
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
              The Knicks had a lot go right for them last year. I think a lot of the struggles aren't really struggles but just the Knicks moving back closer to where they should be. Chandler being out has obviously hurt but the guard play has been awful all year. The artist formerly known as JR Smith is missing in action and the PGs have been atrocious. Shumpert has regressed.

The Knicks always had a small margin for error and basically everything that could go wrong has gone wrong.
              yeah, I tend to think that they really really over-achieved last season. Both Melo and Smith had incredible, consistent, and simultaneous scoring runs at some point around half way through the season I believe, and Melo continued his scoring pace all the way to the end. I think that led to many wins that they may not have gotten had both those players not 'over-achieved'. I think they got 56 wins last year, but I considered them to be more of a 45 win team at the beginning of the season.

And, like Raptor_11 pointed out, Chandler is incredibly important for their success, and him being injured is IMO the reason they suck so much. If he is in the lineup, I don't think we have this conversation, but I still see them at around .500 with him in.

Adding Bargs didn't help either, just means more work for the absent Chandler if he was in the lineup. Ultimately, it's Dolan's fault. They have a terrible roster, no cap space (presently), and no picks. They are left with free agency to rebuild, and that's risky even for NYK.

Comment

They will be much better when Tyson returns and Bargs moves to 4 always.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                  The GM and Melo.
                  Well they already fired their GM (Grunwald).

I put it on Dolan. The Knicks have been a complete mess ever since he took over. In individual seasons, maybe soem players or coaches get their share of the blame, but Dolan is clearly among the worst owners in the league. Worst of all, he's clearly got no sense when it comes to basketball but meddles in every single move.

Comment

ya, Dolan micromanagement reeks of MLSE tampering..... cant win that way, agreed Woody

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      I always liked Bargs, and I was always pulling for him when he was here. But when you look at his time with the Raptors, now his time with the Knicks, and then consider how the national teams that he played on always tended to 'underachieve' relative to the amount NBA talent they had...
                      Bargnani had always been an absolute tease. He'll have a week or two of amazing basketball. He'll rebound, defend and shoot. Everything we've always wanted him to be when we drafted him first overall. And then he'll fall back to earth and become the garbage we're accustomed to. We saw it here in Toronto and they're seeing it in New York now...

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        It can't just be a coincidence.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Meh. They'll be alright once they get Chandler back. I think Woodson is going to get fired though.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            Meh. They'll be alright once they get Chandler back. I think Woodson is going to get fired though.
                            Mike Woodson made a bad late-game error in the New York Knicks' loss to the Washington Wizards on Monday to further put his job in danger.

Carmelo Anthony initially declined to answer a question about Woodson's status.

"As far as I'm concerned, he's secure right now. I haven't heard anything," Anthony said eventually. "There's nothing to discuss. He's our coach, and we're rolling with him."

James Dolan gave Woodson a public vote of confidence on Nov. 20, but have gone 4-9 since that point.

A source said last week that the Knicks are evaluating Woodson on a "game-by-game basis" by upper management.
                            We'll see.

Comment

To be honest, would you want Woodson as our head coach say if Casey doesn't get an extension for next season?

Comment

Working...
                              X