Boston has blockbuster for Rondo to Kings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JawsGT wrote: View Post
    was that an apology, dude you should find a sharp stick to sit on!!
    ??? Im confused, I apologized for calling him stupid, and that was genuine. I am still free to criticize what is wrong with his posts though. What are we 3? Do we need to apologize for our 'bad attitudes' now too?

"Sorry Delman21, my response was disproportional, I understand that I should not have called you stupid despite how shocking those comments seemed and I should have been more civil when presenting my issues with your comments"

This is what I just said (summed up), and I find it a perfectly civil apology. Whats the reason for shooting a man down for wanting to apologize anyways? I certainly didnt have to.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

In enlightenment's defense.... this thread is pretty fuckin stupid.

and I won't be apologizing for saying so.
      Last edited by heinz57; Wed Dec 18, 2013, 03:59 PM.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        Ill apologize for my stringent attitude.
        That was an awesome apology!

Though, "stringent" still seems a bit cocky, undermines the clarity and sincerity of the text. Redraft with it removed and you're gold!

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post
          That was an awesome apology!

Though, "stringent" still seems a bit cocky, undermines the clarity and sincerity of the text. Redraft with it removed and you're gold!
          I am perplexed with the general consensus against the employment of an elaborate lexicon. It seems to me, an exorbitant proportion of this Plebeian society, make haste to antagonize as well as vilify those whose utilization of locutions carry a world of diverse expressions, each immaculately prepared for every magnitude.

basically, I use words specifically, I dont throw them out because I feel like sounding pompous. 'Stringent' carries a world of different meanings when compared with 'Harsh'.

I am also being facetious. Dont take me seriously.

Comment

I am perplexed with the general consensus against the employment of an elaborate lexicon. It seems to me, an exorbitant proportion of this Plebeian society, make haste to antagonize as well as vilify those whose utilization of locutions carry a world of diverse expressions, each immaculately prepared for every magnitude.

basically, I use words specifically, I dont throw them out because I feel like sounding pompous. 'Stringent' carries a world of different meanings when compared with 'Harsh'.

Did you just use the adjective form of "pleb"?
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
              Did you just use the adjective form of "pleb"?
              I dont know what 'pleb' is.

But Plebeians were the commoner class of Ancient Rome

Comment

You have no idea how stupid i feel right now. I just wrote a 2000 word essay for English class and that paragraph alone makes my vocabulary look like crap.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  You have no idea how stupid i feel right now. I just wrote a 2000 word essay for English class and that paragraph alone makes my vocabulary look like crap.
                  The trick is a thesaurus. I have a mac, so mine is automatically integrated to the search bar on the top right of my screen. I write out a sentence, then search for complicated sounding synonyms for each word.

Guaranteed A+ in your next essay.

EDIT: For extra points, make long strings of Alliterations using this method.

Additional applaud awarded for assembling astounding Alliterations, all academic authorities are assured automatic amazement.
                  Last edited by enlightenment; Fri Dec 20, 2013, 04:03 AM.

Comment

The trick is a thesaurus. I have a mac, so mine is automatically integrated to the search bar on the top right of my screen. I write out a sentence, then search for complicated sounding synonyms for each word.

Additional applaud awarded for assembling astounding Alliterations, all academic authorities are assured automatic amazement.
                    I'm actually quite enthralled with this thread, so I do not wish to interject, however, shouldn't it be:

Additional applause awarded for assembling astounding alliterations -- all academic authorities are assured automatic amazement.
                    Just curious that's all. Continue as you were, and fight the good fight for polysyllabic language Enlightenment.

Comment

I will indeed start using this method as well.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                        I'm actually quite enthralled with this thread, so I do not wish to interject, however, shouldn't it be:

Just curious that's all. Continue as you were, and fight the good fight for polysyllabic language Enlightenment.
                        the difference between the two is the tense. "applaud" is past tense. in the context of his statement, was used correctly.

although incorrect, I laud your attention to detail.

Comment

Heh

when guys start saying Pleb, you know you're in the right place!!!

hahaha

Cheers Boys

Comment

I dont know what 'pleb' is.

But Plebeians were the commoner class of Ancient Rome
                            How do you not know what a pleb is, but know what a plebian is...when they are the same thing..?
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                              How do you not know what a pleb is, but know what a plebian is...when they are the same thing..?
                              Its similar to knowing what 'talk to you later' means but being confused by 'ttyl'.

Comment

woahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoah. What does 'basically' mean?
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X