Toronto/ Golden State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yukhan1980 wrote: View Post
    First of all why would GS trade Barnes to us without getting anything of significance in return
    I don't think we need Barnes, read previous posts.

saints91 wrote: View Post
    I think Lowry and a draft pick, is pretty good value coming back for him.
    im arguing to KEEP the draft pick, all of my comments so far have stated I would rather keep the pick than trade it for Barnes

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
      At some point we have to realize that a second year player might be better than a draft pick. I realize rookies come cheap but there is also a lot of unknown with them, we know what Barnes brings .467 FG % and a .407 3pt% and averaging 13.3 on the year. So is that not the SF we are looking for to pair with DeMar?

I'm just not willing to move this years pick for him, there's just too many prospects. Basically If we can keep Jonas, DeMar, Ross, and possibly Amir, I would give pretty much anything else for this kid.
      Basically this is my idea of "tanking". Unless you are drafting in top 6-7 next year (generally top 3 or 4), a young talent like Barnes, G Monroe...IMO is a better choice than a 12th pick or later. After a year or 2 (yes you loose 1 or 2 yrs of "rookie deals") you can pretty much eliminate most of the "busts" ie Darkos, Morrisons....

Comment

Working...
      X