Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC and development of young players: bad players, bad coach or something more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheMarfin wrote: View Post
    First I would like to say what up to everyone long time reader, first time poster (tank photo to come ASAP).

Second I would like to address the above quoute before getting into the heart my rebuttal to the overall point of the thread. How does Portland not have a superstar? Lilliard is better than any player on the raptors and still has upside. In 5 years he could be the best PG in the league and no one would be surprised by it. Lilliard isn't even the best player on Ripcity, Aldridge is getting serious MVP consideration. I think the clearly have some star power.

Finally. The idea that talent is wasted in Toronto because we can't develop our players is valid but a bit of a stretch. Even if this was the case in the past due to coaching/management philosophy, we have clearly moved on as an organization. Could these Raptors make the playoffs, develop together, get some experience and be a solid team? I think so. Would I watch the games and be excited for the playoffs? Of course! But does our team currently have in place enough short term and potential long term talent to win game 7's in the playoffs? No we don't.

PS I also feel that the concept that "clearly Raptors fans want to tank because everyone on the Raptors Republic forum wants to tank" is skewed. If you are a big enough fan of the team to be posting on a team forum you probably have a lot invested in the team and the sport of basketball. Hardcore fans understand how being bad is needed to be good, I think the average fan (which make up a large majority of the teams following) would rather be okay and make the playoffs.

Cheers!
    Some of the same "hardcores" that are slapping you on the back for a great contribution have probably labelled me pompous, yet I see this uppity "hardcore vs casual" thing all the time here, and ALWAYS in reference to some "we see better/smarter/wiser", thus want more than good malarkey. To put it mildly, it's pompous bullshit, imo. Unless you're part of some clique, of which the like does seem to exist here, everybody is of different ages, experiences, intellects, and views of what the game means in their lives. Nobody is better or wiser than the other, just have different perspectives on how to target the same goals. Embrace the differences,,,,,, without simplistic labeling in some black/white, hardcore/casual fashion.

End of rant. Cheers, and Go Raps!

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
      Huh? The whole point of merging is to better the flow of repetitive topics. Did you even read CRF's post?
      I in no way would come close to support of some "tyrant" rant, but it is true that a conversation can get buried behind the one that was merged onto it, thus killing the flow. I don't see it often, but it does happen. That said, it's going to happen once in a while, and generally no big deal to get excited about.

Comment

• Back to JV and DC. There is only two realistic scenarios re what is going on. 1. DC is intellectually challenged. 2. DC is wilfully and purposely sitting JV in the fourth quarter . I believe in the former. Thiis continues, in my view, to create tension between JV and DC.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Drop it please, I would've done the exact same thing, as the conversation was being had in that specific thread. Doesn't always matter what the thread title is, but more what conversation is being had.
          That would be your choice. Please note that I have not called you nor CalgaryRapsfan any names. I had a legitimate point that other posters did have an interest. Thie concern is structural and secondarily content .

Comment

• I think the average fan (which make up a large majority of the teams following) would rather be okay and make the playoffs.
            Thats cool, and us Hardcore fans, if we can do anything about it, just wanna lose a bit, to make sure those Average fans have a little something to cheer for for years to come, and not just for 4 games in May.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
              Some of the same "hardcores" that are slapping you on the back for a great contribution have probably labelled me pompous, yet I see this uppity "hardcore vs casual" thing all the time here, and ALWAYS in reference to some "we see better/smarter/wiser", thus want more than good malarkey. To put it mildly, it's pompous bullshit, imo. Unless you're part of some clique, of which the like does seem to exist here, everybody is of different ages, experiences, intellects, and views of what the game means in their lives. Nobody is better or wiser than the other, just have different perspectives on how to target the same goals. Embrace the differences,,,,,, without simplistic labeling in some black/white, hardcore/casual fashion.

You're such a pompous ass.

Just kidding! Merry Christmas!
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• look I don't want to brag but I am better smarter and wiser than the average bear
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                  look I don't want to brag but I am better smarter and wiser than the average bear
                  Wow. Personally, I am smarter than the average orangutan, and orangutans are waaaaaay smarter than bears, no disrespect intended Mr. Moderator Sir!

And, no. Thanks but no. I don't have the time to be a moderator.

Comment

• I think we have all been caught up in a hazy future, and a lot of us are becoming rather aggressive with one another. I myself admit to falling impatient and antagonistic against some posters on this forum. I believe we can all experience better discussion if we project civility to one another, even when opposing opinions clash.

Remember, we all have the same goals, only different ideas of how to get there. At the end of the day, you may not agree with someones perception of a players value, but know that it is not an exact science, and even your perception is but an opinion. Lets not throw personal attacks over opinions, fellas.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      I think we have all been caught up in a hazy future, and a lot of us are becoming rather aggressive with one another. I myself admit to falling impatient and antagonistic against some posters on this forum. I believe we can all experience better discussion if we project civility to one another, even when opposing opinions clash.

Remember, we all have the same goals, only different ideas of how to get there. At the end of the day, you may not agree with someones perception of a players value, but know that it is not an exact science, and even your perception is but an opinion. Lets not throw personal attacks over opinions, fellas.
                      Agreed.

Comment

• Does DC read RR? DC has played JV in fourth quarter the past two games and Raptors win both.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post

I think you misunderstood how I meant to apply the tag of a "hardcore" fan. What I meant to get across was that anyone who takes the time to read and/or contribute on this forum I would consider "hardcore". As far as me seeming pompous, apparently you have experience on the matter so I guess I will take it as a compliment.

Comment

• Don't know why he has...but to no surprise the team has shut down the paint and controlled the boards late. Which has been the killer late for us on the season

Comment

Working...
                            X