Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC and development of young players: bad players, bad coach or something more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandon wrote:
    Total career NBA minutes played by Valanchewthis: 2092. Drummond: 2098. I guess those 6 minutes, and not natural ability, make all the difference?
    Or they just develop at a different rate. You know: gangly, somewhat lanky Eastern European vs beastly NBA ready college kid? I think we've already pretty much seen what Andre Drummond has to offer, he has no mid range or free throw game to speak of, I wish JV would realize how good his midrange is for a early 20s 7 footer. JV has way more potential as an all star than Drummond and everybody around the league knows it.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Or they just develop at a different rate. You know: gangly, somewhat lanky Eastern European vs beastly NBA ready college kid? I think we've already pretty much seen what Andre Drummond has to offer, he has no mid range or free throw game to speak of, I wish JV would realize how good his midrange is for a early 20s 7 footer. JV has way more potential as an all star than Drummond and everybody around the league knows it.
      This guy is right whats next fro drummond? he isnt going to develop a jumpshot like howard and deandre jordan or a post game or a good freethrow %. On the other hand Jv is already got at alot of things he just needs more expereince
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

NO x 1,000,000

Everyone around the league knows Drummond is an absolute beast and could be the next shaq. he is often rated as a top 3 young talent in the league.

Drummond was way more raw coming into the NBA which is why he dropped all the way to 9th. He will develop more, and is already contributing more than JV.

Not to say I don't like JV, but Drummond is an absolute manimal
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
          NO x 1,000,000

Everyone around the league knows Drummond is an absolute beast and could be the next shaq. he is often rated as a top 3 young talent in the league.

Drummond was way more raw coming into the NBA which is why he dropped all the way to 9th. He will develop more, and is already contributing more than JV.

Not to say I don't like JV, but Drummond is an absolute manimal
          Drummond is a beast but do you really think thats he gonna develope a decent jumpshot or freethrow % and please dont compare drummond to shaq its not even close shaq qas 7'1 300lbs and had post moves not just dunk everything when he came into the league

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
            Drummond is a beast but do you really think thats he gonna develope a decent jumpshot or freethrow % and please dont compare drummond to shaq its not even close shaq qas 7'1 300lbs and had post moves not just dunk everything when he came into the league
            drummond was drafted as a MAJOR project and has already come a long way. who's to say what he can or can't do.

he is way more athletic than JV.

He's probably closer to a Howard in his prime than a shaq, but the point that is often made is that he has the potential to physically dominate every player he faces, much like those two guys did.
            "Bruno?
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

drummond was drafted as a MAJOR project and has already come a long way. who's to say what he can or can't do.

he is way more athletic than JV.

He's probably closer to a Howard in his prime than a shaq, but the point that is often made is that he has the potential to physically dominate every player he faces, much like those two guys did.
              Since your saying he has come a long way please explain to me what has he developed since coming into the nba? He gets his points off offensive rebounds and drop offs not post moves not mid range jumpers and not at the line. so can you explain to me how did drummond come a long way, the way i see it is hes gotten expereince which has helped him have a better feel for the nba game

Comment

Drummond is an absolute beast and could be the next shaq.
                That moment where you don't even need a rebuttal...
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Our goal should be 50 wins, and sustained "home court in playoffs" success. Everyone talks championship or bust, but something like a third of the league has only ever won titles, and that was before the 30 team era. Don't get me wrong, I would love "titles" too, but I'm going to hold my breath. You need lot's of luck, and typically you need the first or second best player in the NBA on your team. Let's win some playoff rounds, let's get something going, let's enjoy basketball again.

Everybody's saying "heaven forbid we became the Denver Nuggets model", hell what if we got to that point and sustained it, or improved upon it. I would kill to have that kind of success, it's like a starving man passing up a hamburger while he waits for filet mignon.
                  The point is this team is not a couple moves away from a 50win team. I don't care about how many teams have won titles. If you set yourself up with 50wins at your ceiling you will never achieve more. My ceiling is championships
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                    Since your saying he has come a long way please explain to me what has he developed since coming into the nba? He gets his points off offensive rebounds and drop offs not post moves not mid range jumpers and not at the line. so can you explain to me how did drummond come a long way, the way i see it is hes gotten expereince which has helped him have a better feel for the nba game
                    That easy, box scores man. They mean everything don't they? Rudy Gay is a great player.
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

Shaq isn't a great comp for Drummond. He does have a ridiculously high ceiling though. His 20 year old season looks a lot like Dwight Howard's.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                        Shaq isn't a great comp for Drummond. He does have a ridiculously high ceiling though. His 20 year old season looks a lot like Dwight Howard's.
                        Yeah the shaq comp wasn't my best. I was just trying to make that he is as physically dominant a centre as we've seen in a long time.
                        "Bruno?
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

That moment where you don't even need a rebuttal...
                          regardless, you've been misinformed somewhere
                          "Bruno?
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Shaw was dominating from the jump no I'd sat a perfect Bynum.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Do you think Casey will be here next year?

I don't.

Tanks, Dwane!
                              I seriously hope not!

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                                So, JV a full time starter in his second year (started all but 5 as a rookie0, Ross moved into the starting line-up in his second year once Gay given the boot is stunting our rookies? Sure they may be on a short leash at times, but the are progressing and becoming NBA players who woll contrinute for a long time.
                                What's the point of being a starter if you get yanked at the end of games. Especially when you are playing well. And remember last year, Casey said he was not playing JV because he was not ready to finish games yet!

Comment

Working...
                                X