Durant will sign with the Raptors in 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandon wrote:
    If that happens, all Toronto fans who booed Bosh and Lebron and wrote shit about them will be hypocrites if they don't do the same to the Durantula
    I'm not sure why anyone would have been insulting or jeering Bosh/LeBron. They made the decision that any logical human being would make for their careers. Durant will do the same when the time comes, if OKC hasn't won anything.

The way I see it is this. I'm working for a crappy company that's never going to really emerge as a large corporation. I'm one of, if not the only competent employees at the office, and management is foolish and constantly makes rash, quick-fix type decisions. A Fortune 500 company in a nicer, warmer location offers me a job where I can work with some of the best and brightest in the business, who just so happen to be my long-time friends as well.

What logical person turns down that job offer?

And before someone says it's not the same because NBA players have fans. Well what if the person in that scenario has kids or a wife who would really like to stay in the same city where their friends and schools are? Sure it makes the decision tougher, but at the end of the day you're not going to turn down that job offer.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
      If that happens, all Toronto fans who booed Bosh and Lebron and wrote shit about them will be hypocrites if they don't do the same to the Durantula
      Depends.

Does he let OKC know his intentions before trade deadline?

Is a sign and trade worked where OKC actually gets something useful back?

If not, then yes, hypocrite will be an appropriate title.

Kind of like Seattle fans cheering taking the Kings.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
        You don't complain when you steal someone's girlfriend.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
          I'm not sure why anyone would have been insulting or jeering Bosh/LeBron. They made the decision that any logical human being would make for their careers. Durant will do the same when the time comes, if OKC hasn't won anything.

The way I see it is this. I'm working for a crappy company that's never going to really emerge as a large corporation. I'm one of, if not the only competent employees at the office, and management is foolish and constantly makes rash, quick-fix type decisions. A Fortune 500 company in a nicer, warmer location offers me a job where I can work with some of the best and brightest in the business, who just so happen to be my long-time friends as well.

What logical person turns down that job offer?

And before someone says it's not the same because NBA players have fans. Well what if the person in that scenario has kids or a wife who would really like to stay in the same city where their friends and schools are? Sure it makes the decision tougher, but at the end of the day you're not going to turn down that job offer.
          Fans like to pretend that athletes are not people, they're no different than the version that shows up in the video game. That's why they get angry when one of them misses time for personal reasons or doesn't work on their game all off-season.

Comment

One random thing to note, which I'm not suggesting will have any real impact for guys like KD and LeBron, but who knows:

They are currently playing for 2 of the best teams in the league, and have been for multiple seasons. If you have seen a few Miami or OKC home games this year, you'll notice that neither is selling out every game despite having the greatest players and teams in the league. I could see them wanting to go somewhere that fills up every night. If a player of that caliber was playing in Toronto, they'd be selling out every game without a doubt.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              One random thing to note, which I'm not suggesting will have any real impact for guys like KD and LeBron, but who knows:

They are currently playing for 2 of the best teams in the league, and have been for multiple seasons. If you have seen a few Miami or OKC home games this year, you'll notice that neither is selling out every game despite having the greatest players and teams in the league. I could see them wanting to go somewhere that fills up every night. If a player of that caliber was playing in Toronto, they'd be selling out every game without a doubt.
              I actually think, especially in the case of Lebron, Raptors would have the same problem as the Leafs if he came. Prices would go up, companies would buy up all the good seats and the cheap seats would be filled to capacity every night but the good ones would be empty until the 3rd quarter.

Comment

Ahh thanks, I missed that.

I still don't think that necessarily means that he still wants to play for the raptors.

Comment

I have no doubt that Durant wants to sign here. I would be surprised if he DOES NOT

Comment

This is something nice to dream about
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
                      I guess you're into the SuperFriends conspiracy theory. I don't think Bosh knew for sure what he wanted to do until the last minute. And, if Miami's 2008 draft pick, the Beezer, had turned into a great player -- or if they'd used the pick on almost any other player in that draft, K-Love for instance, the whole thing would have broken down. Are you going to take the risk of dumping that guy hoping to sign Bosh and Lebron? No. The fact of the Beezer's suckage made it an easy decision, because there was nothing to lose. If there had been a longstanding conspiracy, they would have traded that pick for a bunch of future picks. Bosh didn't tell the Raps what he was going to do because he didn't know.
                      I do believe the SuperFriends conspiracy theory.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- During a rally for Miami Heat fans Friday night, Chris Bosh said he had been talking with new teammates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade about the moment for months.

It was a slip, which some, including Bosh himself, caught. The premise that the trio had been talking about teaming up for months hinted there was a plan in place. That potentially would be against rules, and could raise concerns from the league since Bosh and James were playing for teams battling for the playoffs in Toronto and Cleveland.

Bosh quickly revised the statement and said they had been talking about it for "days." But it appears James, Bosh and Wade had been discussing this for years.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....iamis_cou.html
                      To each their own though.

Comment

I still dont get what makes you guys think that Durant's up for Toronto, other than the fact that he wanted to play for Toronto when he was younger. we all like weird thinks when were young, dont get me wrong I would absolutely love to have him here, but I'm just not getting what gets you guys so excited looool
                        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                        No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                          I still dont get what makes you guys think that Durant's up for Toronto, other than the fact that he wanted to play for Toronto when he was younger. we all like weird thinks when were young, dont get me wrong I would absolutely love to have him here, but I'm just not getting what gets you guys so excited looool
                          I don't believe the Raptors are going to have the same bleak prospects in 2.5 years time that the Raptors do now.

"Why would he want to play here?" will be replaced with, "He is dying to come here!"

($$$$ + promising roster + ownership willing to pay tax) + chance to win for years to come = marquee free agent

Comment

pretty obvious this was when the raptors were fresh and most likely during the vince carter period. we are not the same raptors as KD watched when he was growing up.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              I don't believe the Raptors are going to have the same bleak prospects in 2.5 years time that the Raptors do now.

"Why would he want to play here?" will be replaced with, "He is dying to come here!"

($$$$ + promising roster + ownership willing to pay tax) + chance to win for years to come = marquee free agent
                              lool so in two and a half years everyone would be dying to come to Toronto, but if you got Wiggins that why would you want Durant??
                              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Get a clue guys.

I'm not saying Durant would want to sign here right now if he had the chance. I'm saying we're going to have the roster, management and appeal in place to get him here in 2016.

Positive outlook.

Comment

Working...
                                X