Are we really tanking now ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBF wrote: View Post
    Remember the team that won the atlantic division and got mopped by the Nets? Ya, that team was better than this one..
    how do you know LBF..... have you watched the 2013/14 raptors in action....
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Remember the team that won the atlantic division and got mopped by the Nets? Ya, that team was better than this one..
      Remember that playoff hopes went down with Garbo.

Comment

"Easily the 3rd best team in the east" is a stretch...

There's no point in people making these threads all the time...

When we win it's "AHA!!! I TOLD YOU WE'RE NOT TANKING!".
        When we lose it's "SEE!!! UJIRI IS NOT GOING TO STAY TRAPPED IN THE MIDDLE, LOWRY AND DD ARE GONE!"

How about we all relax and just wait to see what Masai does. It'll be pretty clear what direction we're headed in soon. I'm a pro-tanker myself, but like I've said in basically every thread, there are viable alternatives to it.

Comment

Hardly mopped. We were missing one of our best players and still took them to 6 games. I'm betting with Garbo we win that series.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
            Based on the records and players that we have. Amir, DD, Lowry, are better than any players in their position on those teams. V from bench is better than any back up PG on those teams and ...
            atlanta are 15-12.
            washington are 12-13.
            bobcats are 12-13.
            detroit are 13-15.

all of their records are currently better than ours.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
              atlanta are 15-12.
              washington are 12-13.
              bobcats are 12-13.
              detroit are 13-15.

all of their records are currently better than ours.
              Also, Jamshid claimed that Amir, DD and Lowry were better than their respective players at those positions, so in order:

Atlanta has Paul Millsap at PF, Kyle Korver at SG and Jeff Teague at PG. Advantage: Atlanta. Easily.
              Washington has Nene at PF, Bradley Beal at SG and John Wall at PG. Advantage: none, but only because of Nene's injuries otherwise this would be a Washington win.
              Charlotte has McBob at PF, MKG at SG and Kemba Walker at PG. Advantage: maybe us but only by a little.
              Detroit has Greg Monroe at PF, Stuckey at SG and Jennings at PG. Advantage: us.

Comment

Dallas was the first team the Raptors beat with a winning percentage better than .500. They won by one point in OT and it could have been a loss if Ellis was able to score at the end (like Walker did the game before).

The more likely scenario is that Toronto ends up in 9th in the East. MU will probably need an umbrella to ward off all those flying eggs. I wonder if P. Diddy still has that guy that carries that umbrella for him? Maybe he could loan that guy to MU for the summer?

Comment

If we are clearly better then 5 of those teams, then why are all 5 ahead of us in the standings ? Clearly 5 flukes at the exact same time.

Comment

we lose the next 2 games and we're back to depress train
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      we lose the next 2 games and we're back to depress train
                      Then two wins right after that against NY and everyone's saying we're champs haha
                      "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                      - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Dallas was the first team the Raptors beat with a winning percentage better than .500. They won by one point in OT and it could have been a loss if Ellis was able to score at the end (like Walker did the game before).

The more likely scenario is that Toronto ends up in 9th in the East. MU will probably need an umbrella to ward off all those flying eggs. I wonder if P. Diddy still has that guy that carries that umbrella for him? Maybe he could loan that guy to MU for the summer?
                        I actually won't be upset at MU if the team finishes 9th. I'll be super pissed in general, but not at him. This is still largely BC's doing after all. Masai has already made the most critical move for "growth", which is what he deemed to be the purpose of the season. He traded a black hole on the court that was totally compromising their flexibility off it for improved flexibility and guys who won't hinder the growth of our young players. So far he's doing a better job than I would've expected from any GM....which is why I thought they might re-up BC for the year and then give a new guy an easier pile of crap to work with next summer.

Can't expect him to turn a ton of shit into a ton of gold right away. And I still expect to see Lowry shipped off at some point.

*I'm also not trying to imply the Raptors roster is total crap, but that Gay's presence was awful and never going to work and immediately created a situation where I could see any GM saying when offered the job "I'm not touching that pile of crap with a 10 ft pole". Thankfully, Masai has a soft spot for Toronto.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          I actually won't be upset at MU if the team finishes 9th. I'll be super pissed in general, but not at him. This is still largely BC's doing after all. Masai has already made the most critical move for "growth", which is what he deemed to be the purpose of the season. He traded a black hole on the court that was totally compromising their flexibility off it for improved flexibility and guys who won't hinder the growth of our young players. So far he's doing a better job than I would've expected from any GM....which is why I thought they might re-up BC for the year and then give a new guy an easier pile of crap to work with next summer.

Can't expect him to turn a ton of shit into a ton of gold right away. And I still expect to see Lowry shipped off at some point.

*I'm also not trying to imply the Raptors roster is total crap, but that Gay's presence was awful and never going to work and immediately created a situation where I could see any GM saying when offered the job "I'm not touching that pile of crap with a 10 ft pole". Thankfully, Masai has a soft spot for Toronto.
                          Yeah good point.. I'll throw my eggs at BC instead.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                            "Easily the 3rd best team in the east" is a stretch...

There's no point in people making these threads all the time...

When we win it's "AHA!!! I TOLD YOU WE'RE NOT TANKING!".
                            When we lose it's "SEE!!! UJIRI IS NOT GOING TO STAY TRAPPED IN THE MIDDLE, LOWRY AND DD ARE GONE!"

How about we all relax and just wait to see what Masai does. It'll be pretty clear what direction we're headed in soon. I'm a pro-tanker myself, but like I've said in basically every thread, there are viable alternatives to it.
                            I don't know about "It'll be pretty clear what direction we're headed in soon", seeing as MU keeps things pretty close to the chest, and shows all signs of being patient to make wise decisions,,,,,, based on the cards he's dealt (trade offers?), and with no hard time frame to anything.

As far as anti-tankers getting a tad more vocal again, that's to be expected since all the tanker chest beating following the Gay trade (still can't quite figure out why making the team better was a tank move, but whatever), and the multiple "I can't believe people still can't see that the tank is in full-on mode" statements. Whatever side your on, open your mouth wide enough, often enough, and somebody's going to dump in it.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                              Atlanta has Paul Millsap at PF, Kyle Korver at SG and Jeff Teague at PG. Advantage: Atlanta. Easily.
                              Washington has Nene at PF, Bradley Beal at SG and John Wall at PG. Advantage: none, but only because of Nene's injuries otherwise this would be a Washington win.
                              Charlotte has McBob at PF, MKG at SG and Kemba Walker at PG. Advantage: maybe us but only by a little.
                              Detroit has Greg Monroe at PF, Stuckey at SG and Jennings at PG. Advantage: us.
                              I don't know how you think these players are better than ours.

Millsap = Amir ( Amir is putting up better numbers)
                              Lowry > Jeff Teague ( Teague is trudging this year and he is not the same player)
                              DD > Krover ( no need to explain)

Wall = lowry ( wall has lots of hype but he never delivered, look at the numbers)
                              DD > Beal ( no question)
                              Amir > Nene ( Nene is a shadow of himself this season, look at the numbers)

And the other two team : Piston and CHA, you agree with me that we are better team. MU can do 1 or more trades and really take this team to next level.

Comment

Jeffrey Taylor is done for the year with a ruptured Achilles. Take that for what it is.
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X