The Cheering Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cheering Thread

This thread is for all those fans that actually want the Raptors to WIN the games they play. This thread is for positivity in relation to the team, players, coaches, management, etc. to show them that we SUPPORT them in their battle for W's.

I'll admit, I jumped on the tank brigade some weeks ago prior to the Rudy Gay trade. The team was awful with Rudy in the lineup. Their were obvious trust issues, obvious chemistry issues, and Rudy seemingly had just as much control over the team as Casey did.

But now...it's completely different. There really is no comparison between the current team and the team with Rudy. There is ball movement, there is trust, there is chemistry, and better yet, there is an obvious belief that we can win games and succeed. EVERY player looks better now compared to when Rudy was here. Casey too. Now I'm not advocating standing pat with this roster by no means, but I will NEVER again put myself in a situation where I hope the team loses games. I am ashamed that I fell under that spell.

I now firmly believe in this team and franchise. I firmly believe that good things are going to happen and that there is no where to go but up. I no longer believe that crashing for this years draft is the best option for the franchise or me as a fan. I cheer, I want to win games...every game. That's the role I'm comfortable with. I am not comfortable with the role of cheering for losses.

We are 7-6 on the road and only 4-8 at home, this thread created after the OKC victory. Is there some reason why this team performs poorly at home? Could it have something to do with all the negativity regarding the roster and coaching and what not in the media and sites like this one? Doesn't seem likely, but this team needs to know they are playing for more than just themselves, they are playing for US too, and we are here to support them.

Add your comments if you please, but if you disagree please do not fill this thread with tanking crap and claiming that we want this team to win for all eternity, not just this season. It's been said a thousand times before and it's now falling on my deaf ears. Even if this success is short lived, even if MU decides to shake things up more, I will continue to cheer for this team and the players on it. I support you...who else?

GO RAPS GO, GO RAPS GO, GO RAPS GO, GO RAPS GO, GO RAPS GO, GO RAPS GO, GO RAPS GO, GO RAPS GO

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

The mood swings are over now my friend. they could lose the next ten, I don't care. They play good team ball and are putting a product on the floor I can cheer for and be proud of. GO RAPS GO.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
        The mood swings are over now my friend. they could lose the next ten, I don't care. They play good team ball and are putting a product on the floor I can cheer for and be proud of. GO RAPS GO.
        Just a joke, of course

Any fan not subject to mood swings is a cold, heartless bastard.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Remember folks, this isn't about tanking or not, it's about supporting and cheering for the players that are busting their butts right now for W's. Why the hell would these guys play hard at home if everyone wants them gone?

Comment

<3 Amir
            Go Raps.
            OG is our king

Comment

this thread is the new shit..
              lets go Raps!!
              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
              No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

We are getting some love on nba.com!!

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  We are getting some love on nba.com!!
                  we deserve more but hey, it can do...
                  What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                  The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                  No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Can I cheer for the raptors drafting wiggins?

Comment

Great win last night, eager to see what they will do on a back-to-back game tonight against the Spurs!!!!!

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                        Can I cheer for the raptors drafting wiggins?
                        Of course, but there are better places than this for that type of support.

Comment

Also, Raps have had the 9th hardest schedule so far, for opponents winning percentage. So there's that!
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                            Great win last night, eager to see what they will do on a back-to-back game tonight against the Spurs!!!!!
                            Yeah, I'm guessing the Spurs will be weary and very prepared for this Raps team. Gotta keep Parker out of the paint...they do that and they will have a chance!

Comment

I actually enjoy watching there games again! Win or lose I find myself enjoying the games ten times more than in the Rudy era. I don't think the addition by subtraction phrase has ever been so fitting to a situation

Comment

Working...
                              X