Ross vs. Derozan: who is better off the dribble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ross vs. Derozan: who is better off the dribble

I say Ross. In fact, the only thing I think Demar still does better than Ross is the midrange pop.

Ross has made Derozan extremely expendable, I think Ross could put up 17 a night next season in a shared offense. Derozan this year would get us a quality return.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

This thread is like a beautiful girl throwing a party at her house and inviting only men with previous rape charges. good luck KeonClark!

Comment

this thread is a joke right?

Comment

Ross is still raw, when his shot is off it is OFF

but if we get a good return on DeMar this is the year to see what he is made of ... in that situation if could consistently play Tony Allen type D I don't mind how many points he puts up per night as long as he makes smart offensive decisions and swings the ball

Comment

Of course this thread pops up. Has nothing to do with the fact that Ross had his best game of the season and dd had one of his worst

Comment

LOL. This thread is made because Ross looked good last night scoring 23 points. One of his best game of the season. While DeRozan had one of his worst. Right? S M H.

Btw, to answer your question. I say DeRozan. And it's not even close.
            Last edited by The Great One; Tue Dec 24, 2013, 02:29 PM.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

DeMar for sure.

Ross has struggled dribbling the ball all year. One good game does not mean he's suddenly magical when it comes to driving into the teeth of the defense. At least in my mind it doesn't.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I think we should trade demar and lowery and get klay Thompson and peices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So since Ross is apparently a better slasher than demar now. Let's evaluate.

Dd can't slash
                  Can't shoot
                  Can't defend
                  Can't pass
                  Can't dribble
                  Can't rebound
                  Isn't even that athletic

I'm starting to wonder how he got into the nba...

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                    So since Ross is apparently a better slasher than demar now. Let's evaluate.

Dd can't slash
                    Can't shoot
                    Can't defend
                    Can't pass
                    Can't dribble
                    Can't rebound
                    Isn't even that athletic

I'm starting to wonder how he got into the nba...
                    Carlisle, Popovich, and the rest of NBA coaches need to read RR more. What the hell are they thinking? Sic Marion, KD, Kawhi on DD and still double him consistently???? Fools.

Comment

I say derozan is better off the dribble right now
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Spurs never played a good defender on Ross he is an unknown, Kwahi Duncan/Ginobli coming to help were on DeMar all night last night. Spurs never let him get going and having to sit early cause of that technical didnt help him out. Ross played well cause he took advantage of the soft defense being called on him.

HE BETTER GET THOSE EASY SHOTS. seriously does anyone watch every game? still much respect to TR for last night.

Comment

I think we write a letter to silver, try and get our amnesty clause back.

Dd needs to go

Comment

Ross was historically bad at getting to the FT line last year (something like 34th worst ft-draw rate ever and one of the three worst rookies ever, min 70 games 15 mpg) and he's 18th worst in the league (20games, 20mpg) this year.

He's got an assist rate that's a third of Demar's while having a turnover rate slightly higher than Demar's.

Even Leo could see that Ross tends to go lateral instead of towards the basket, in order to set up his jump shot.

So while Ross could eventually get better than Demar off the dribble, he's not there now, and based on his work to date I doubt he'll get there any time soon.

Comment

Ross is never going to be the man on the wing.

He should focus on lock down and catch and shoot.

If he ever takes more than one dribble, he is doing too much.

I'm not trying to be harsh. I just think his abilities are 3andD and that should be embraced. Raptors issue has always been putting guys in positions to do more than they really should.

BTW he is shooting 39% from three on the year and 44% on 4.4 attempts per game in December/11 games.

You get an elite SF or Elite big SG who cam create for himself and stick Ross to him, that would Nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X