Fields....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Alex Mckechnie has been an overhyped overpaid failure in T.O.
    And the evidence for this would be that he hasn't been able to repair nerve damage with physical therapy? Or strength training? That is what he is paid for actually. I mean strength and conditioning, not nerve damage repair.

Comment

If MU blows it up, he'll find a way to include Fields with one of our better assets going out.

Comment

Casey's a piece of shit, he said he's not pressuring Fields to get his shot back and that if he does it will just be a bonus well then why does he get no run?
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
          Casey's a piece of shit, he said he's not pressuring Fields to get his shot back and that if he does it will just be a bonus well then why does he get no run?
          If you are planning on winning games like Casey is for the sake of your job, do you play a guy who is crippled? Honestly do you?

Last time fields played he missed a 2 dunks and 3 wide open like hes out on an island 3s.... you panic and bench his ass let him continue working with Sterner and Mckhenie in the mean time cause everything else is there which would be great for this team. till then though we got salmons.

Comment

how can casey give him a run if he can't shoot? he's effectively disabled.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
              If you are planning on winning games like Casey is for the sake of your job, do you play a guy who is crippled? Honestly do you?

Last time fields played he missed a 2 dunks and 3 wide open like hes out on an island 3s.... you panic and bench his ass let him continue working with Sterner and Mckhenie in the mean time cause everything else is there which would be great for this team. till then though we got salmons.
              He was more crippled last season when he got more playing time lol
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I still like Fields.

I see him as somewhat of a Bellinelli:
                Doesn't work with the talent level of this team, but a solid player.

Comment

Looks like Fields will get some court time depending on how things go:

Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                    When did that Nerve Damage happen ? Was it before of after he signed with us ? It must have been after because if it is as you putting it and would take years and years to heal, than he would have failed his physical exam.
                    With entrapment it can come on very gradually. First your pinky is a little numb...then it progresses...people just assume they have a pinched nerve or whatever and keep playing...but the very shooting motion itself effects the cubital tunnel, which is what your nerve pathways go through in the elbow...which then causes a constant irritation, inflammation leads to even more symptoms. Every shot he takes effects those pathways.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/225320787579769560/

you can see in the posted diagram how every time you take a shot that pathway is activated.

Landry Fields has 1 of 3 paths

1.) Shot is never the same due to some of the damage being permanent.

2.) Damage eventually heals but takes a long time to get his shooting stroke back

3.) Damage has already healed but confidence and form have been altered durastically

If it was 1 they would shut him down from all practice

If it was 3 you would hear stories about all the hours he is putting in with a shooting coach.

It's likely 2...but alas I'm not a doctor just a guy with the exact same ailment who two years later has phantom pain and numbness in my fingers.
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Some of the comments on this thread are quite overboard.

Landry Fields can't shine if he's not being given playing time, did no one remember the good things he did in pre-season and to start the season? His defense is very good, he's got awesome basketball IQ, good slasher, good passer, he's a perfect team player. I wish he would be used more, he's got a lot to give.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Salmons is doing all that for half the money/

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                          Some of the comments on this thread are quite overboard.

Landry Fields can't shine if he's not being given playing time, did no one remember the good things he did in pre-season and to start the season? His defense is very good, he's got awesome basketball IQ, good slasher, good passer, he's a perfect team player. I wish he would be used more, he's got a lot to give.
                          honestly i don't know why we're playing vasquez over fields. fields is basically vasquez but doesn't try to play hero ball.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            honestly i don't know why we're playing vasquez over fields. fields is basically vasquez but doesn't try to play hero ball.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                              confused about what?

fields = great facilitator. great off the ball. great cutter. great at finding passes.

Comment

Fields is no point guard. Vasquez led the NBA in total number of assists last year. Apples and oranges on the comparison.

http://voices.yahoo.com/top-10-assis...-12163254.html

Comment

Working...
                                X