Fields....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fields....

Certainly on his way out for something right? get his money off the books?

salmons has effectively replaced him does everything he did while playing maybe except for rebound as wel as Fields. Salmons however provides a vet experience for the team cheaper contract and shooting which Fields sadly didnt get back.

Ujiri must be trying to work him into literally anything but its a tough sell no doubt... must be a head scratcher for him when he was looking over the teams payroll.

Fields career is a real shame. Confidence-destroying undiagnosed injury, and now he can't even get into the lineup ahead of John fucking Salmons.

If he could ever get his shot and confidence back he'd immediately be an important guy for us. Good instincts, he'd make a good 3 and D guy.

Comment

Wtf is fields doing? it cannot possibly take this long to regain his shot. Alex mckechnie said his shot would be back by like the start of the season. That is long gone

Comment

At least we don't hate him like we did bargnani for being injured....

He praises god a lot, so hopefully his god will help him gain the strength to recover his shot.

Comment

Fileds has Nash to thank for his millions for the rest of his years. Nobody would have given this guy this kind of money and he was blessed to get that contract.

Comment

Fields is still a very strong ball handler and defender.
            Does anyone remember his defense on Melo or his defense on Gerald Henderson late game against Bobcats this season?

Unfortunately, he's not getting enough PT to get some confidence back in his shot.

I like his effort, rebounding, personality, defense, but if Casey is going to bench him all the time and play him for short stretches with the rest of the bench, he's not going to shine. If he can't shine, then forget about moving him for anything worthwhile.

Comment

I don't think Fields can be moved without bringing back a stinker of a contract. His value in the books is *only* $6.25M but he's worth $8.75M next year.

Not too many GM's are going to want to pay him that much money even if he's an expiring contract next year. I say he rides the pine until his contract ends, and for his sake I hope he gets another gig. He's a good 'team' guy.. just not worth his paycheck. I'd rather have him on the bench than some obnoxious head case.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                Wtf is fields doing? it cannot possibly take this long to regain his shot. Alex mckechnie said his shot would be back by like the start of the season. That is long gone
                you ever had nerve damage? YEARS to heal YEARS
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

http://medicalcontent.hubpages.com/h...r-nerve-damage

Fields had the Duchenne's sign and extensive damage had been done before he got treatment.

In cases where it's caught early 3 - 6 months. He might even need another surgery as his shot still looks broken with a bit of a hook at the end.
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    I'm in year five and just now have tingles - I never expect to get it all back.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                      When did that Nerve Damage happen ? Was it before of after he signed with us ? It must have been after because if it is as you putting it and would take years and years to heal, than he would have failed his physical exam.

Comment

I really don't think trading Fields is a priority. He has a terrible contract that would unlikely get the Raps decent return. His trade value will be better this time next year, as an expiring contract. Only way I can see him traded this year is if he's part of a multiplayer deal that makes the "math" work.

Comment

Bears wrote: View Post
                          I really don't think trading Fields is a priority. He has a terrible contract that would unlikely get the Raps decent return. His trade value will be better this time next year, as an expiring contract. Only way I can see him traded this year is if he's part of a multiplayer deal that makes the "math" work.
                          Yes - exactly .. he actually has negative value right now - trading him will not happen unless we send another asset somewhere else with him. As painful as it may be, hes best to sit on the bench and act as an injury hedge ..

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            Alex Mckechnie has been an overhyped overpaid failure in T.O.

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                              Yes - exactly .. he actually has negative value right now - trading him will not happen unless we send another asset somewhere else with him. As painful as it may be, hes best to sit on the bench and act as an injury hedge ..
                              Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                              X