Jonas Valanciunas's Ceiling...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas Valanciunas's Ceiling...?

I believe with the right coach and if the offensive is played through him he can be a 20 and 10 guy easily and then some if he develops accordingly
    What do y'all think?
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

i think everyone on here is pretty high on bigV. i also think you can add in a block and a half in there. i think 20 points might be a bit high also. 15-18 points with 10 boards and a couple blocks and assists would make him a fantastic player.

just going to hijack here a minute and ask apollo or the doc if we are able to just search for keywords because i want to find one specific post from the davis draft. someone was talking about davis being an over hyped garbage machine and that he would never be able to carry bigVs socks.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6583/anthony-davis
    just wanted to post this.

bigV is good hopefully really good.

can we maybe change this from a bigV ball suck thread to a "best future big" type thread?

Comment

Jv isn't a candidate for best future big, so let's just focus on his personal development.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        i think everyone on here is pretty high on bigV. i also think you can add in a block and a half in there. i think 20 points might be a bit high also. 15-18 points with 10 boards and a couple blocks and assists would make him a fantastic player.

just going to hijack here a minute and ask apollo or the doc if we are able to just search for keywords because i want to find one specific post from the davis draft. someone was talking about davis being an over hyped garbage machine and that he would never be able to carry bigVs socks.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6583/anthony-davis
        just wanted to post this.

bigV is good hopefully really good.

can we maybe change this from a bigV ball suck thread to a "best future big" type thread?
        What's the point. Fan is short for fanatic. So occasional extreme homerism is to be expected. Let it go and move on.

Comment

20-10 as an absolute ceiling, ok. But I don't think it's likely.

Comment

18-10 shooting 56+% and 80+% would be awesome with a couple blocks.... And that is his ceiling IMO.

One area I want to see him increase is his free throw attempts. He averaged 3 per game last year but has dropped to 2.1 this year.
            Not sure why the decline. Less active off ball?

Comment

Depends on his outside shot. If he can start shooting threes (which isn't likely, but also isn't impossible), he could get to 20.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                Depends on his outside shot. If he can start shooting threes (which isn't likely, but also isn't impossible), he could get to 20.
                He just needs to start shooting the fifteen footer. It seems to me that when he first started playing last year, he was taking them the odd time and hacving good success. then he stopped, and now he gets a lot of space out there because opposing bigs are hanging back, waiting for the pump fake and driving hook.

If he started taking more he could boost his ppg and open up the center a little more for the drive.

Comment

JV won me over recently because of his tenacity, and I think this is where his impact will be felt.
                  I say this because I think it is a both a huge strength, and a near certainty.

JV has the potential to be the big that other bigs want to avoid the most.
                  The big who is best at taking others out of their game.

His number will be good, but I don't think expecting 20 points a game out of him is the best use of his skill-set.

Comment

I think youre looking at his ceiling...with perhaps a bit more Defensive awareness to come.

Comment

Is he going to be a Super Star in this league ? Answer is NO.
                      Is he going to be a dominate centre in NBA who can carry team on his shoulder? Answer is NO.

His ceiling is 15 point and 10 rebound per game. He can be a great 2nd or 3rd option in the championship team. I want to see 2 things from him: more Free Throws and much more dominate on defence. He needs to become like Chandler on defence.

Comment

I think JV will develop into a Marcin Gortat type player with hopefully a little better finishing on the offensive end

If more plays are run through him, hopefully he takes note of Duncan and Gasol (elite big men who have had solid assist numbers)

He may have a shot at becoming an all-star ala Chandler, Hibbert, Antonio Davis -- if we get an elite player on our team and JV kills it on the defensive end

comparing him to other young Cs:

1) Drummond
                        2a) JV
                        2b) Vucevic
                        3) Miles Plumlee
                        4) Kanter
                        5) Tyler Zeller
                        6) Biyombo
                        7) Faverani

Comment

JV is closer to his Offensive potential than he is his Defensive potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Casey put JV into correct rotation [for now], I like it.

Let's give this kid 28-34 mins a game and in my opinion, we'll see huge improvement in his awareness. I hate JV's game awareness and I think raps needed to deal with this last season, but if we focus at present - drills alone can't teach game awareness, so I hope Casey understands that and will give JV time in pressure situations, 4Q. Jonas also needs to work on his vertical jumping mistakes. ( like jumping of toes when he fights for 2nd chance. He loves to jump of full foot. ). JV has a lot of work to do. He's young and his ceiling hasn't changed at all. He's great interior defender, but his defensive awareness is bad. If he can't improve his awareness ( I'm sure he will ) then he'll stay role player forever.

Comment

For awhile I thought folks around here were over-valuing JV, but now it seems like he's being underestimated.
                              We're talking about his ceiling.
                              Somebody here really thinks his ceiling is Gortat?

We always knew he had the physical tools, and now we've seen that he's hyper-competitive and motivated.
                              This is what really sold me on JV:
                              He looks like the most passionate player on the floor every game.

Quite simply, he strikes me as the type of player that won't settle for anything less than their ceiling.
                              He wants to be perfect.

I think he may just be a dominant C.
                              Not dominant like a Shaq, but a more transparent dominant.
                              His impact won't show on the stat sheet, but his presence on the floor could be massive.
                              Last edited by Shrub; Thu Dec 26, 2013, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X