Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knicks@Raptors Game Day Thread: Will the Evil Empire strike back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
    He will command that but I don't think NY will pay him and I am sure Lakers will not and are not interested on signing a guy like him next year.

As far as Raptors goes, I think that is too much for him but I can see us paying 35 over 4 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
      You are not familiar with Lakers. Lakers have no plans of spending that sort of money on a player like Lowry. I guarantee that. Listen to ESPN 710 Los angeles and you will know.
      Are the guys that talk on radio the same guys that run the team? Didn't think so. Therefore you cannot make a statement like that.

Besides, the Lakers are a team that don't have to offer him a ton of money in order to be attractive for him. Why do you think so many guys want to play there?
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Indiana65 wrote: View Post
        I am sorry. He is the only reason I came here though. I just hate to see what is happening to him in Toronto. I promise this is my last post (my promise is as good as gold). Do to him what you want in Toronto. I have given up.
        He's a fucking bench player. Nothing "happened" to him.

get over it.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
          Good game.

My concern with Lowry is simple: if we're keeping him, it's time to agree on an extension. If we're not, then trade him now for value (it is simply never going to be higher - at this point we're into multiple picks territory). Either way, time to make up minds.
          could not have said it better.

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
            I was thinking about Orlando originally, but I don't think they would choose him over someone like Smart or Exum, whom they could easily pick based on how badly their season is going.
            If Orlando gets a top 3 pick and can't negotiate a trade down, they'll probably end up taking one of Parker/Wiggins/Randle because they always draft the best player available (which is far from the worst plan in the world). If Orlando gets a 7-10 pick because they don't play badly enough (quite possible, especially now that they're playing much better with Harris back), they'll try to trade UP but they might not be able to get Exum/Smart.

Exum and Smart are definitely part of Orlando's game plan but there's no guarantee they get one of them.

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
              The Knicks don't have any cap space unless melo walks, and even then they barely have any. Also why would Lowry sign there with no melo?
              Because it's New York and because the Knicks will throw money at him. Remember, if Lowry requests a sign-and-trade to New York, the Raps will be obliged to try and find a way to make it work. (Which would probably involve us sending Lowry, Novak and Landry to New York in exchange for Stat's expiring, Tim Hardaway Jr. and more picks.)

Comment

If Orlando gets a top 3 pick and can't negotiate a trade down, they'll probably end up taking one of Parker/Wiggins/Randle because they always draft the best player available (which is far from the worst plan in the world). If Orlando gets a 7-10 pick because they don't play badly enough (quite possible, especially now that they're playing much better with Harris back), they'll try to trade UP but they might not be able to get Exum/Smart.

Exum and Smart are definitely part of Orlando's game plan but there's no guarantee they get one of them.
                Going after Randle may not be a bad idea, now that I think about it. I doubt Big Baby is part of Orlando's long-term plans right now.

So yeah, since Parker/Randle/Wiggins are essentially all on the same level, Randle would be my guess for them. I believe they're set on Tobias Harris as their SF of their future.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Because it's New York and because the Knicks will throw money at him. Remember, if Lowry requests a sign-and-trade to New York, the Raps will be obliged to try and find a way to make it work. (Which would probably involve us sending Lowry, Novak and Landry to New York in exchange for Stat's expiring, Tim Hardaway Jr. and more picks.)
                  Luxury tax teams cannot sign and trade in new CBA

Comment

The Knicks are over the tax threshold so they can't sign and trade....

They are not a suitor for Lowry in the offseason. If they want him they deal now and try to resign with bird years.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      disagree. and so does his shot chart for the game

http://stats.nba.com/shotchartPopup....Measure=FG_PCT
                      Yeah my bad, I was exaggerating.
                      It was his play in the clutch that troubled me, when the game was tightening up at the end.
                      There was one play, for example, where he missed a bad, constested jump-shot, but made a lay-up off his own rebound.
                      Made his shot-chart look good, but bad decision making.
                      I guess my expectations are going up with his improved play:
                      The fact was, I didn't feel confident when he had the ball in his hands at the end of the game.
                      He seemed to lose his cool somewhat and revert to mid-range DeMar.

Comment

• man did i get a good sleep after a game like that
                        great game guys
                        that was pretty embarrassing on the knicks part
                        2 back to back losses the same team after your coach acting cocky as fuck
                        take a seat new york and embrace the division leaders
                        Terrence got it going in the third fuck he had it going all night long
                        man, was demar frustrated
                        cant believe the ref actually maned up and walked over to the raps huddle
                        Vazquez played a good 48 seconds of ball
                        without lowry this team sucks
                        amare almost killed it for us

jr has a brother?

Andrea kinda looks like Luca from masterchef #ItalianBrothas
                        every time i saw jr he reminded me of rihanna even tho i've always wanted her to go out with rondo. dont ask me why I dont know either

personally i like angry knick fans
                        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                        No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                          man did i get a good sleep after a game like that
                          great game guys
                          that was pretty embarrassing on the knicks part
                          2 back to back losses the same team after your coach acting cocky as fuck
                          take a seat new york and embrace the division leaders
                          Terrence got it going in the third fuck he had it going all night long
                          man, was demar frustrated
                          cant believe the ref actually maned up and walked over to the raps huddle
                          Vazquez played a good 48 seconds of ball
                          without lowry this team sucks
                          amare almost killed it for us

jr has a brother?

Andrea kinda looks like Luca from masterchef #ItalianBrothas
                          every time i saw jr he reminded me of rihanna even tho i've always wanted her to go out with rondo. dont ask me why I dont know either

personally i like angry knick fans
                          This ref is vet. He's in his 12th season, he doesn't need to man up, players respect him

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
                            The Knicks are over the tax threshold so they can't sign and trade...
                            I'm talking about the "what if Melo bails" scenario; if Melo declines his option the Knicks suddenly drop under the tax and can sign and trade.

Comment

I'm talking about the "what if Melo bails" scenario; if Melo declines his option the Knicks suddenly drop under the tax and can sign and trade.
                              Despite being New York, I can't imagine a sensible player wanting to play there in their current state AND knowing their future outlook with several picks traded away in consecutive years. Plus melo gone and you have to play with JR and bargnani? That's basically the NY version of DD and bargs and we all know how that turned out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

• good thing toronto has at least 16 games against these stiffs over the next 4 years

Comment

Working...
                                X