Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knicks@Raptors Game Day Thread: Will the Evil Empire strike back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Still hoping we could somehow land Barnes for him!
    I dont understand this hard on for H. Barnes. Yeah is young and puts up ok numbers but the way Lowry is playing, no way.

Comment

• imaginelino wrote: View Post
      I dont understand this hard on for H. Barnes. Yeah is young and puts up ok numbers but the way Lowry is playing, no way.
      are you insane??? try thinking ahead a little more.

Comment

• Demar and Ross actually complement each other perfectly on the wings I love it

Comment

• Tyson Chandler snapped, like Anderson Silva's leg. Sorry, had to throw it in there.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• imaginelino wrote: View Post
            There is a good chance Lowry won't be here next year. You can have Barnes, or you can have nothing. Your choice.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
              There is a good chance Lowry won't be here next year. You can have Barnes, or you can have nothing. Your choice.
              Do you have a team in mind where he gets his $$$ and start outside of Toronto?
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                There aren't many. Maybe Orlando if they're looking to contend. The lakers could also be interested and maybe the bucks. Aside from that most teams have a starting pg already or don't have the money.

Only the lakers would really be a better situation than Toronto, but I'm not sure they'd even want to spend on Lowry when it's clear IMO that they're looking at landing superstars first (melo this year maybe and love/rondo in 2015).

I think if ujiri wants Lowry back we can sign him to a pretty reasonable deal in the offseason. Something like what Teague and Jennings got. The raptors are pretty close to lowrys home town, the coach backs him, and he has an integral role in the team. No reason why he'd be itching to leave especially since the team can only improve from here.

I'm getting more excited about this team now with Ross showing signs of being an absolute marksman from deep. Like I said earlier he and derozan give totally different looks on the offensive side of the ball and it's hard for other teams to match up with. The only issue is when we face a Lebron or melo because neither of them have the size to guard those guys.
                Last edited by Masai Ujiri; Sun Dec 29, 2013, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Well, with the money he'll be demanding, I don't think he'll be returning here. My hope is that Masai is smarter than giving him $9-10 million over next 3 years.

3 teams off the top of my head that should be interested in him:

Lakers - Nash is done, can't rely on Blake/Farmar if they can't find another starting PG.

Knicks - need an upgrade over Felton.

Minnesota - Rubio has had a disappointing year. That team was banking on the fact that he would improve this year; doesn't look for his shot at all.

I'm sure he could get $$$ he wants in NY and in LA. And if he needed to take a pay cut, I'm sure he'd rather be on one of those teams than be here.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
                    There aren't many. Maybe Orlando if they're looking to contend. The lakers could also be interested and maybe the bucks. Aside from that most teams have a starting pg already or don't have the money.
                    I was thinking about Orlando originally, but I don't think they would choose him over someone like Smart or Exum, whom they could easily pick based on how badly their season is going.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Well, with the money he'll be demanding, I don't think he'll be returning here. My hope is that Masai is smarter than giving him $9-10 million over next 3 years.

Lakers - Nash is done, can't rely on Blake/Farmar if they can't find another starting PG.

Minnesota - Rubio has had a disappointing year. That team was banking on the fact that he would improve this year; doesn't look for his shot at all.

I'm sure he could get $$$ he wants in NY and in LA. And if he needed to take a pay cut, I'm sure he'd rather be on one of those teams than be here.
                      The Knicks don't have any cap space unless melo walks, and even then they barely have any. Also why would Lowry sign there with no melo?

Minnesota isn't going to give up on Rubio IMO, too much invested in him. While he can't shoot, he does everything else you want a pg to do at a very high level.

Comment

He'll command $40 Mil over 4 years at least.

Comment

I was thinking about Orlando originally, but I don't think they would choose him over someone like Smart or Exum, whom they could easily pick based on how badly their season is going.
                          Yeah they aren't really an option, I think they most likely go with a pg in this draft. My scenario was just if they didn't and decided they wanted to contend immediately.

I forgot a team though, the kings.

Comment

How'd you get lowry's agent's phone number?

Comment

You are not familiar with Lakers. Lakers have no plans of spending that sort of money on a player like Lowry. I guarantee that. Listen to ESPN 710 Los angeles and you will know.

Comment

He will command that but I don't think NY will pay him and I am sure Lakers will not and are not interested on signing a guy like him next year.

As far as Raptors goes, I think that is too much for him but I can see us paying 35 over 4 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X