A positive example of turning around a franchise - Phoenix Suns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iblastoff wrote: View Post
    The fact that you think Bledsoe is a role player makes pretty much anything you say = uh DOY.
    LOOOOOl, Read the post again and you will get it. On the second thought, don't bother because your opinion does not really matter to me. Feel free to pay max money to Bledsoe type players and then try to win it all in West

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
      LOOOOOl, Read the post again and you will get it. On the second thought, don't bother because your opinion does not really matter to me. Feel free to pay max money to Bledsoe type players and then try to win it all in West
      First thing, Bledsoe is an All-Star player, 24 years old, and is a very good 2nd option on a good team. I don't think he can be a superstar on a championship team, but players like him don't come along very often, and he will likely get the 4 year-$58-62 million contract extension this summer, which is deserved. Secondly, who says they are going to keep all their role players? They have FOUR first-round picks this draft, and they have a bunch of young, cheap talent on their roster ( Miles Plumlee, Alex Len, Archie Goodwin, the Morris twins). It's obvious that they are in a similar situation as the Rockets were when they traded for Harden. Phoenix will likely look to package a bunch of their assets for a very good player, ala Kevin Love or Carmelo, or lower-level but still good players like Greg Monroe or Evan Turner. Either way, the Suns are in a prime position as they have so much flexibility (only 23 million dollars in salary guaranteed next year), and a bunch of picks, with young talent. To say they are stuck and will be stuck for ever in the middle of the Western Conference is delusional.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Bullshit on the Phoenix against tanking.

They tried their hardest.

Problem is they have a lot of pieces that have gelled together and a lot of players getting an opportunity for the first time.... and making the most of it.

Here ^ ...

I recall last year this GM dumping everything for picks and placement in an upcoming draft.
        Now this article comes out quoting said GM about his stance on anti-tanking practices... Dickmove imo.

Up until now his team is gelling together well, and the coach seems to have respect from the roster.

However the ease of their November schedule has translated well for them into December, i mean 2 out 3 ain't bad against Utah i guess, and 1 of 2 vs Sacramento... oh yeah and they did beat the pelicans twice in November, so there's that.

In all, their start to the season has been relatively easy in comparison to other mid-tier teams. Yes the west is convoluted with talent in comparison to the east and the level that Phoenix has competed at so far is not indicative of a team that is gunning for ping pong balls in july.

So to sum up, let's ignore this article by Woj and realize that Jeff Hornaceck really has a good handle and vision for the type of talent set in front of him, and lets commend him for the job he's done as of yet, albeit, against mediocre opponentry. I turned that into a verb.

Comment

Biggest issue Phoenix has is Len looks like a waste to the 2012-13 season.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Biggest issue Phoenix has is Len looks like a waste to the 2012-13 season.
            With extra high long-term bust potential. Drafting a big C with foot (specifically ankle) injuries so early on....And we're not talking sprains, we're talking stress fractures (at least for one of them, but surgeries on both). That's terrible for a guy who'd have to be putting stress on them for 82+ games a year.

*Correction: Indeed stress fractures in both ankles....
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Dec 29, 2013, 03:49 PM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              With extra high long-term bust potential. Drafting a big C with foot (specifically ankle) injuries so early on....And we're not talking sprains, we're talking stress fractures. That's terrible for a guy who'd have to be putting stress on them for 82+ games a year.
              Yup. Think Brook Lopez or Yao Ming.

Comment

well clearly no ones opinion really matters to you. everyone has pretty much been correcting everything you say and you still sing the same song and are generally wrong about everything or just make things up. hey if thats how you want to spend your time, go for it.

Comment

well clearly no ones opinion really matters to you. everyone has pretty much been correcting everything you say and you still sing the same song and are generally wrong about everything or just make things up. hey if thats how you want to spend your time, go for it.
                  LOOOOL, you are funny pal. I have no idea what you are talking about but as I told you, what you think does not matter

Comment

LOOOOL, you are funny pal. I have no idea what you are talking about but as I told you, what you think does not matter
                    If you say that, then neither does what you think. You are clearly trolling at this point.

You have said that PHX is doomed to mediocrity, but in other threads you shout about how Toronto (with a worse record in a worse conference, less stockpiled assets, a cloudier coaching situation, and a fair amount of roster uncertainty going into the offseason) is heading in the right direction and definitely (no evidence of anything definite yet) going for playoffs this year as if it's something they can easily build/improve upon (*or just willfully ignoring that it may not be).
                    Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Dec 29, 2013, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Suns major problem is going to be getting a legitimate star ... EB is good and yes, you need to pay him 14+ a year to stay but is he going to be enough to get you the star that you need to compete in West. Lets face it, small market teams can not get All Stars via FA. They need to develop their own AllSTAR through smart drafting.

This is why Suns are going to be stuck in the middle in the west for years to come. Mark my word, Suns will not win in the next 5 years.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        If you say that, then neither does what you think. You are clearly trolling at this point.
                        Blah Blah Blah .... you don't like reading my post, then simple solution: Do not read them

Comment

Suns major problem is going to be getting a legitimate star ... EB is good and yes, you need to pay him 14+ a year to stay but is he going to be enough to get you the star that you need to compete in West. Lets face it, small market teams can not get All Stars via FA. They need to develop their own AllSTAR through smart drafting.

This is why Suns are going to be stuck in the middle in the west for years to come. Mark my word, Suns will not win in the next 5 years.
                          You don't think they have a chance at "getting a legitimate star" with one of their 4 (yes, 4!) first round draft picks this year?

I have no idea how you can make the assertion that they will be eternally stuck in the middle when they have all of these draft picks, as well as young guys that are still developing.

You're making blind statements without backing them up at all.
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                            You don't think they have a chance at "getting a legitimate star" with one of their 4 (yes, 4!) first round draft picks this year?
                            I am talking about a Super Star that can give them championship and make them compete in WEST. And no, 4 first round pick of around 12+ does mean you will get that SUPER STAR unless someone decided to give you the top 5 then, you might get lucky. Remember, Joey Graham was also drafted in the first round. 4 Joey Graham does not mean a Star
                            Paul George and Kobe B. type guys happen once in a blue moon

Comment

how did the suns re-acquire steve nash? FREE AGENCY.

you just whined about 1st round picks being useless and now you just said they need to get a star through drafting? are you seriously this dense?

Comment

how did the suns re-acquire steve nash?
                                Just don't bother man. This guy is all over the map and making no real sense at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X