No announcement yet.

kyle lowry need to remain a raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was all for signing Lowry if we could have gotten him for a respectable price, but not so sure that is a possibility any longer. If the plan is to remain competitive then signing Lowry makes sense, and thus waiting so long could be perceived as a tactical error on MU's part.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      I was all for signing Lowry if we could have gotten him for a respectable price, but not so sure that is a possibility any longer. If the plan is to remain competitive then signing Lowry makes sense, and thus waiting so long could be perceived as a tactical error on MU's part.
      What is a respectful price ?

Comment

If we think we can get him for 8-10mil I think its a alright call. Keep eye open for a team willing to give up young talent or draft picks, but both seem to be hard to part with unless your the Nets.

It be pretty rough watching the playoff with GV/Byucks as our PGs...

Comment

ab7 wrote: View Post
          really looking at lowry right noww.......mannn if lowry take 8 mill id keep him! we better negociate right now
          id even say id trade derozan before lowry looking the way ross is developing right now but really i would play
          out the season unless we can get a top 5 pick if not is it really worth it to trade him
          What if Lowry walks at end of season?

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Kyle Lowry is the simplest problem on this team.

He has to go.

Too many question marks, and (*assumption*) too much trade value to do otherwise.

Comment

Committing a 10 miilion a year to Lowry means we think the core of Amir, DD, Big Val, Ross and Lowry is what we are going forward for next 4 years as our core.

Comment

He's never been in this kind of form so it's possible that he won't continue like this BUT there are a couple of positives in re-signing Lowry. 1) he's developed a chemistry with the team. They're gelling well together. 2) his calm leadership is one thing that goes unnoticed.

If he agrees to 8 mil a season, Raps should simply re-sign him. When you consider that there's not going to be much in free agency and the the fact that he's an unconventional PG who rebounds very well, it should be done.
                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I love how Lowry's playing and disagree with with may knocks against him as a PG.

The contract year is too big of a warning flag - I'd also guess he's playing at warp speed right now in response to the trade rumours. *Everyone* knows he was almost traded to the Knicks. He's in eff you mode right now.

He also plays the best when really dominating the offense (in a good way). He hasn't been nearly effective at trying to be a complimentary piece. His talent level means that on a championship calibre team, he's going to need to be a complimentary piece.

Love the heart and hustle he's showing right now (how many years since anyone other than Amir took this many charges?), but it's easily best for the team to ship him out and get some youth or a pick in return.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Lowry is playing his best basketball in his career imo. Probably due to his contract year status. I guess it will depend on our following games next year before trade deadline. If we run away with the division title before trade deadline and probably be in chase for the 3rd seed, Probably re-sign him to a reasonable contract (although this is so unlikely).

Otherwise if we fall back like last year and lose must-win games, he should be gone by the deadline, for a 1st rounder.

Teams like Chicago, New York, Golden State, Pacers, Brooklyn, Lakers could use him.

Learn from the Bosh mistake, we need to trade him for something than to lose him for nothing or to be stuck with him in a bad contract. He still doesn't deserve $10M/year imo.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                      I'm think 7-8 m/year, 4-years, is the most you would offer. There are teams willing to overpay though, I think. Like it our not Kyle stepped up his game when it counted and deserves to cash in.

Comment

South of $8 Mil

Comment

Committing a 10 miilion a year to Lowry means we think the core of Amir, DD, Big Val, Ross and Lowry is what we are going forward for next 4 years as our core.
                          10 mil. a year for Lowry is a little too much and the core doesn't necessarily have to be the same for the next few years. 8 mil. a year for Lowry and a change or two to the core is realistic.
                          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            South of $8 Mil
                            Given that he might not be able to land a juicier gig than Toronto, that sounds about right. I still think, he's looking for $40 Mil over 4 years.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I'm OK with that if the team is nowhere near the top 10 of next year's draft class.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                                Given that he might not be able to land a juicier gig than Toronto, that sounds about right. I still think, he's looking for $40 Mil over 4 years.
                                If he keeps putting up these types of numbers for the rest of the season and stays healthy then I think Lowry may get that kind of an offer. The best thing going for Toronto is that we are one of few teams that can offer him a starting role.

Comment

Working...
                                X