Where is Chuck Hayes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    His contract was needed to make the trade go through and quite frankly, I have no issues with Hayes. He's a solid veteran, good for the locker room when he's out on the court, he's tough as nails. It's not like he has a crippling effect on the long term stability of the team financially. He's on the hook for 6 mil next season.
    I agree with you but why isn't he getting any playing time ? He was a solid player , great rebounder ... If we have no room for him and don't have the minutes, why not just move him now for some 2nd round picks or ...

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
      I agree with you but why isn't he getting any playing time ? He was a solid player , great rebounder ... If we have no room for him and don't have the minutes, why not just move him now for some 2nd round picks or ...
      I think others have alluded to the fact that he has some sort of medical condition and that's the reason why he hasn't gotten a lot of burn. Hayes will have more value next season as an expiring (as will Fields). As for now, he's not a disruption, he's solid in the locker room and he's someone the younger players can lean on for advice.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
        If we have no room for him and don't have the minutes, why not just move him now for some 2nd round picks or ...
        Because no one wants to give away a 2nd round pick to pick up an undersized player who can't average 3 points or rebounds in 20 minutes for the low low price of $6 million.

Trades need to work for both teams.

Comment

i believe he is on the bench

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
            If you want to play him over guys like JV and Patrick Patterson and Hansbrough, then be my guest. There's really no point in him getting minutes.

Not giving Hayes a chance to prove himself is not fair to him.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
              Not giving Hayes a chance to prove himself is not fair to him.

He's been in the league for 8 years. He's got nothing to prove and everyone knows what he provides. Relax. He gives you about 1 point and three rebounds for every 10 minutes on the floor.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                Because no one wants to give away a 2nd round pick to pick up an undersized player who can't average 3 points or rebounds in 20 minutes for the low low price of $6 million.

Trades need to work for both teams.
                Yes!

Puffer wrote: View Post
                He's been in the league for 8 years. He's got nothing to prove and everyone knows what he provides. Relax. He gives you about 1 point and three rebounds for every 10 minutes on the floor.
                No one cares!

p.s.
                look at Raps payroll for next year - minus Chuck and Fields we are golden for a prime time talent; though unlikely... give it one more year when useless contracts come off the books/traded for nothing/fills trades. MU will be in a commanding seat next off season (maybe even earlier in June). Give him time.
                Last edited by vino; Tue Dec 31, 2013, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X