Toronto Raptors Reportedly Considering New Black-and-Gold Color Scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Raptors Reportedly Considering New Black-and-Gold Color Scheme

"It's all about which colors of the rainbow suit the Toronto Raptors best.

When Masai Ujiri isn't dumping exorbitant contracts or demanding a king's ransom for Kyle Lowry, Toronto is busy attempting to rebrand the franchise.

First, there was the Drake partnership. Now, according to the Toronto Star's Doug Smith, a color-scheme change may be in order:"

BR link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...d-color-scheme

Black and gold, I love this idea.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
      Black and gold, I love this idea.
      I like the idea of having something with a dark + gold colour scheme. Wouldn't have to be black. Lots of Toronto sports fans are obsessed with blue because that's what all our other teams have. With a gold colour, I could see a nice dark blue possibly working as well.

Either way, I'm pretty sick of the red and white, and never liked it as much as the purple schemes...Glad a change is likely coming.

Comment

Im a fan I get that we are canada's team but the home jersey's are soooooo boring!

The black and Gold is pull off well could be awesomely edgy and very stylish! I guess it means our beloved Raptor would no longer be Red... right?

Comment

anything dark with gold is fuckin badass
          i love it
          What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
          The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
          No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            Im a fan I get that we are canada's team but the home jersey's are soooooo boring!

The black and Gold is pull off well could be awesomely edgy and very stylish! I guess it means our beloved Raptor would no longer be Red... right?
            black raptor!!!!
            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

They already used that colour scheme for the infamous "Drake night" ads.

Testing the waters perhaps?

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post

Hopefully not.

One of the biggest blunders with the Raptors original branding/colours, going back to purple, was choosing a dino mascot with a purple scheme. We immediately became attached to a stupid children's program character, and easy to call the Toronto Barneys....

Comment

Black and Gold? A lot like the New Orleans Saints?? i don't know about this.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Love it
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      Black and Gold? A lot like the New Orleans Saints?? i don't know about this.
                      It's going to be very tough to pick a colour scheme not used by any other sports organization at this point.

I like black & gold in general but this feels a lot like a "teal colour scheme" of the mid-90's, where teams just went with the commercially popular colour at the time in hopes of selling more t-shirts and caps.

Comment

Well on second thought I guess he could stay Red with the black and gold on.. if hes a black Raptor wearing a black uniform it would look weird though I think making him a black Raptor would be cool.

Comment

So....ummm....

wizards.jpg

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                            So....ummm....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]113[/ATTACH]
                            Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... . cover that up.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              So....ummm....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]113[/ATTACH]
                              Or maybe more like this as the writer of the article in OP says this is what he thinks of.

Comment

Working...
                              X