X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SI.com reporting on it now ..

http://nba.si.com/2013/12/30/toronto...vo/?xid=si_nba

Comment

• I say keep the name Raptors and go with a generic, 'bird or prey' motif.

A discreet maple leaf in gold on black would also look pretty slick. Canadian but not in a corny, flag-waving beat-you-over-the-head-type of way.

Comment

• not that its really been working for us but maybe its a good idea to keep the red...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...-win-more.html

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Not just almost, it is in fact a bird of prey (what raptor means).

Two North American owls who are major predators are the Great Horned Owl and the Snowy Owl. They are the largest birds in North America (in terms of weight).
          Apparently it's somewhat up for debate http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=220483

But whichever, I'd prefer any bird of prey to a dinosaur
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            Apparently it's somewhat up for debate http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=220483

But whichever, I'd prefer any bird of prey to a dinosaur
            Ridiculous. People just creating stupid debates where they shouldn't be any. They just are more nocturnal than most other raptor species. They hunt in much (exactly?) the same way.

But yes, I'd also prefer the bird theme to a dinosaur that actually might've been a turkey-sized scavenger, and not even really a hunter.

Comment

• guys calm down there will always be teams with the same colours. Unless you invent some kind of new wavelength of light that reflects a never before seen colour you wont have a new colour.

Personally, I wouldn't mind the Black and Gold, I'm from a school where those are the team colours except we use black and yellow and it looks awesome.

But like seriously this is bleacher report. You can't believe shit they say.
              A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

• man...I feel so lonely because I actually like the whole dinosaur thing.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Ridiculous. People just creating stupid debates where they shouldn't be any. They just are more nocturnal than most other raptor species. They hunt in much (exactly?) the same way.

But yes, I'd also prefer the bird theme to a dinosaur that actually might've been a turkey-sized scavenger, and not even really a hunter.
                  Well then fuck it let's just use Drake's owl logo as the team logo
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• once the new jurassic park movie comes out in 2015 who knows, raptors may be cool again

Comment

• Raptor = Dinosaur. Just saying.

You can't just create a new scary looking bird and call it a Raptor.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Raptors should move to Utah LMAO

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._chart.svg.png

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Raptor = Dinosaur. Just saying.

You can't just create a new scary looking bird and call it a Raptor.
                          The use of Raptor for certain dinosaurs is derived from the usage for birds such as owls and hawks. Likely used for the dinos because of the similarity between claws of velociraptors and deinonychus to the talons of birds of prey.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Yep. It makes me laugh when people discuss the colours being Toronto or Canada based, when our actual name (or rather image chosen to go with the name) is in no way associated to Canada. Raptor fossils have generally been found in places like Utah and Mongolia.
                            Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Dec 31, 2013, 12:38 AM.

Comment

• Plus they had feathers. But yeah over the years I just kinda accepted and embraced the whole dinosaur thing. Well I was a big dinosaur nerd so I guess that's why lmaoo. Plus a lot of names don't make sense in NBA. My idea is just to keep it subtle. Don't make the whole dinosaur or bird theme jump out. I'm cool with claw so if they can make something like that, it'll be cool. Just my opinion.

Comment

• I would be extremely dissapointed if they moved from dinosaur to bird, it would feel like we were completely forgetting the past of this franchise and personally as someone who can get nostalgic at times I would not be okay with that. Color change fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X