Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolan isn't the only dumb owner...

from Chad Ford's tank rank...
    1. Milwaukee Bucks | Status: Tanking | Record: 6-24 (0-3 past week)

The Bucks have the worst record in the NBA, but tanking has not been an easy path for Milwaukee. Owner Herb Kohl wanted a playoff contender, not the worst team in basketball. While the front office has embraced the situation after all of those injuries, Kohl would still like to see the Bucks playing in the postseason.

If the Milwaukee stays the tanking course, it has as good a shot of any to win the No. 1 pick. But if Kohl continues to push for the playoffs, the front office may have no choice but to say goodbye to the first selection and push for a trade to make things better now.

Yes just speculation, but never underestimate the stupidity of owners!

If the Raps could somehow get Giannis the Greek then I say do it, not sure on the somehow though.

One of the following is coming to rescue this franchise: Parker, Wiggins, Embiid, Exum, Randle, or Smart. It's a slam dunk that Milwaukie will not be trading the franchise future away. Owner Herb Kohl is actually very intelligent, successful business man and former US Senator.

The Bucks have been beset with injuries which has helped them excel at tanking though that was not the intent starting out the season. There may be some on this forum with tank envy of this team. They have a core of developing talent in Sanders, Henson, and GA.

Comment

Well, that would be lame.

I remember stumbling into a Bucks forum on realgm after some rumor that Giannis might be traded for Asik or something. Those fans took it absolutely seriously and were in panic mode!

I feel very sad for their fans. I'm fine with owners who don't want to tank. That's ok. Some of the greatest owners are opposed to tanking. But there are limits.

If it's close to midseason and you are the worst team in the NBA by 3 wins, and you still have your pick in the upcoming draft, and it's a once-in-a-decade draft... it's not the time for a playoff push.

Comment

The Bucks have always been a middling team because playoff revenue is usually vital to ensuring they remain in the black. Money means a lot and a first round exit could mean more to Kohl than having a chance to draft a franchise altering talent.

I did read that Milwaukee shot down a lot of trade offers around the 15th (when free agents could be moved) which tells me that he may have changed his stance on tanking. There are billboards created by fans that want the Bucks to tank. I guess trading Harris for Redick and watching Redick leave town hurt.

They are building a nice little core though. Giannis/Sanders/Henson and someone like Smart/Wiggins/Parker/Exum will be a nice core.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          The Bucks have always been a middling team because playoff revenue is usually vital to ensuring they remain in the black. Money means a lot and a first round exit could mean more to Kohl than having a chance to draft a franchise altering talent.

I did read that Milwaukee shot down a lot of trade offers around the 15th (when free agents could be moved) which tells me that he may have changed his stance on tanking. There are billboards created by fans that want the Bucks to tank. I guess trading Harris for Redick and watching Redick leave town hurt.

They are building a nice little core though. Giannis/Sanders/Henson and someone like Smart/Wiggins/Parker/Exum will be a nice core.
          Not to mention Brandon Knight is looking more and more like a player. 21-6-6 over the last 7 games.

Comment

Other than James Dolan....

The guy I often think of as dumb owner = Michael Jordan

Comment

6.5 games out of playoffs with 52 games to go in the worst conference of all time with an injury ravaged roster, a developing superstar already on the roster, and solid young talent in a deep draft, yeah, I can see them going for it given the owners/franchises history.

No way you get G'Po from them.

Comment

G'Po? Damn. I wish he did turn into a big star because there seems to be a new nickname / way to shorten his name every day.

One popular nickname. Make it happen, espn.

Comment

Remember all of this is based on an "if". If the owner decides it is playoffs or bust. It has been done before in sports, stupid owners mortgaging the future for short term success. So why wouldn't it been done this season.
                  Almost all owners are successful business men, hence why they can own a franchise. That doesn't make them smart in a basketball setting though.

So that said, "if" this happens, they have to trade something away to improve their team. Their pick or a young piece. What could the Raptors get? If Lowry and Derozan were packaged or offered alone? Obviously the Raps would want the pick or GA. But if that isn't realistic then is there anything left over on the Bucks' Roster worth it?
                  Knight and Neal for Lowry?

Comment

Well, Knight is playing as well as Lowry lately, and he's young and not a rental, so it would be a tough sale.

If they do decide to go crazy and make moves to make the playoffs, I think DeRozan makes by far the most sense. Mayo hasn't played well and now he's benched. Something like Udoh+Ridnour (expirings) + picks.

Other than that, they wouldn't need Amir since they have a bunch of similar bigs.
                    They wouldn't pay much for Lowry given how Knight is playing.
                    Terrence Ross would be nice there but his value is still part in his upside, and that's not the type of deals we are talking about.

Comment

Working...
                    X