Pacers@Raptors Game day thread: 1st game of 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stretch wrote: View Post
    I'm interested in seeing how Hansbrough is against his old team. Tyler hasn't been quite as effective since coming back from that shoulder injury.
    I look for a big game from him.

Comment

Really good indicator game for Ross...Indiana is one of the best teams at guarding the 3 point line

Comment

Raps match up good with Indy. Should be interesting. Who guards George, though? Lowry and Derozan need to win their match ups. Need threes.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          Raps match up good with Indy. Should be interesting. Who guards George, though? Lowry and Derozan need to win their match ups. Need threes.
          Most likely Ross to start off. I fear Salmons may be getting most of Terrence's minutes though, just cause of his defense.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I think Lowry would actually be a great starting PG for Indiana. call me Crazy but he fits what they do well. Looking forward to this game and if we win this game tonight not only are we .500 but this team is actually something pretty good.... Making Ujiri's life complicated lol

Comment

Happy new years raptors and raps fans!! Go raps! Win or lose I will be happy with a competitive game tonight!

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                Most likely Ross to start off. I fear Salmons may be getting most of Terrence's minutes though, just cause of his defense.
                Ya Salmons' D has been pretty good down the stretch of the games. However I think Ross would benefit from those minutes more in the long run. I'm quite excited for him if he can keep in the 3 and D mold

And he just needs more experience to get better at his defense because he has the physical tools and the desire

Comment

Going be a fun game to watch just based on Val vs RoyHib but lets be honest-this would be a bigger upset then OKC & Dal games combined.

Comment

RNsteve wrote: View Post
                    Going be a fun game to watch just based on Val vs RoyHib but lets be honest-this would be a bigger upset then OKC & Dal games combined.
                    How...? Okc was a road game.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      Ya Salmons' D has been pretty good down the stretch of the games. However I think Ross would benefit from those minutes more in the long run. I'm quite excited for him if he can keep in the 3 and D mold

And he just needs more experience to get better at his defense because he has the physical tools and the desire
                      Ross guarding PG24 is a good matchup for him cuz PG isn't going to try and bully and body Terrence
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Hopefully the refs would be fair tonight. This is our game to lose and this team is better than Pacers.

Comment

If memory serves me correctly, Hibbert has dominated this matchup in the past with JV ... time for JV to step up. He's been playing well of late, so hopefully Casey sees the urgency to get him going early and often.

Comment

Also, whats up with Hansbrough's minutes lately?! Geez Louise. I really like what he was giving us before PeePee came along.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              If memory serves me correctly, Hibbert has dominated this matchup in the past with JV ... time for JV to step up. He's been playing well of late, so hopefully Casey sees the urgency to get him going early and often.
                              Your memory is foggy. Hibbert played him well earlier this season in their one matchup, but last year Jonas was frustrating the hell out of Hibbert regularly.

(simple pts, reb)
                              March 1st JV-4,9 Roy-18, 3
                              Feb 8th JV-14,13 Roy-6,4
                              Nov 13 JV- 9,8 Roy-6,9
                              Oct 31 JV-12,10 Roy-14,10

Hibbert never really "dominated" him. Jonas seems to have held his own in the matchup.
                              Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Jan 1, 2014, 04:37 PM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Your memory is foggy. Hibbert played him well earlier this season in their one matchup, but last year Jonas was frustrating the hell out of Hibbert regularly.
                                You're telling me ... what the hell did I do last night?!

Comment

Working...
                                X