Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...Is Casey a Good Coach or a Bad Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JawsGT wrote: View Post
    ...I'm finding it hard to convince myself that just one guy like that could have such a net negative impact on how the team played ball. Is it really possible that the coaching staff were preaching the same stuff with Rudy than they are without, and it was just a matter of Rudy's ego saying no, I think we'll do it my way....
    I think it's even harder to believe that after his whole time here, he suddenly coincidentally learned how to be an effective coach at the exact same time that Rudy left.

Comment

Casey in interviews has been incredibly humble giving 100% credit to the players (namely JV, Ross Lowry and DeMar)

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
        Casey in interviews has been incredibly humble giving 100% credit to the players (namely JV, Ross Lowry and DeMar)
        What!? He's not showing any love for Amir. Well I vote for no extension lol

Comment

Casey is class personified. People don't understand how much of a joke we we're before him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
            I think it's even harder to believe that after his whole time here, he suddenly coincidentally learned how to be an effective coach at the exact same time that Rudy left.
            also the first time he has a playable bench. up until now he has been giving everyone their chance to take the minutes and no one has.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Casey is still an idiot.
              I know man. He just made up the position of "three-guard" to describe Lebron James...

"They've got a power forward that's really a point guard, two-guard, three-guard all in one" Casey said.

Comment

This thread is just terrible, starting with the title.

"Is Casey a Good coach or a Bad Coach?"

This goes right back to the black and white theme on this forum. I didn't realize there were two possible classifications for the skill level of a coach. The reality is Casey's coaching can not be merely summed up as good or bad.

Comment

His team is rocking, he just won coach of the month, players like and more importantly in the NBA respect him.

Other coaches like him, GM's like him. His GM likes what he's doing, writers like him.

just guys on message boards think he "sucks", is a "moron", has "no clue" yadda yadda yadda.

Casey is a capable NBA coach, and he's got your team winning. Whats to discuss

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                    This thread is just terrible, starting with the title.

"Is Casey a Good coach or a Bad Coach?"

This goes right back to the black and white theme on this forum. I didn't realize there were two possible classifications for the skill level of a coach. The reality is Casey's coaching can not be merely summed up as good or bad.
                    Well...members of this forum, up until 13 weeks ago or so, have criticized his rotations, offensive schemes, time out plays, player minutes, substitutions, time out usage, player development and game preparation, just off the top of my head.

I don't think someone can be bad in all those areas and be considered a good coach. In fact, he was counted among the worst coaches in the league. Then suddenly the team started winning.

I am not going to go back and check your game comment posts Nosike, to see if you were one of the ones calling him a bad coach. But you must admit there was no lack of those kind of comments. Now that the Raps have run off a string of wins, people are talking about how good of a coach he is. Some of the same people that were calling for his head.

So does he get blame for the losses, as some were claiming? Does he get credit for the wins, as some are now claiming? How is this not a legitimate thread? And the title sums it up quite nicely.

A side benefit of this thread is that maybe some RR members will try to temper their extreme positions in future. Because very little in NBA basketball is black and white...except that it's okay to hate the Knicks and Lakers.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                      ...Whats to discuss
                      See the post above.

Comment

• ahh yes

I never took part in those. He was always a good coach in my opinion.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                          ahh yes

I never took part in those. He was always a good coach in my opinion.
                          I believed Doug Smith when he said "Coaches get too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses."

Comment

• I think Casey is a good defensive coach, a poor offensive coach, and a coach who has had a questionable in game decision making track record. I believe his coaching staff before this season was a detriment to his poor qualities. This season the coaching staff seems much better and since Casey is the head coach he gets the praise.... Along with the ridicule.

Comment

• I only know what I see on the floor.

The team is playing well.

Comment

• Seriously, what the EFF is going on?!

I just don't understand Dwane Casey.

Prior to the trade, he had some ridiculous coaching habits.
                                regularly playing 10-12 guys per game.
                                He was matching up with the opposing lineups (i.e. if they go small, we go small, etc.)
                                He was playing Novak and Fields regularly as PF.
                                He would play Lowry and whatever backup PG we had in 2 or 3 gaurd lineups.
                                He didn't know how to call a timeout
                                he sat our best players until the games were well out of reach

And then the trade happened. Now all of a sudden, he has a strict 9 man rotation, and knows how to coach consistently?

It's like night and day. Does anyone have an explanation for this? It seems he knew the whole time what our identity was and what he wanted this team to be. Why not enforce this earlier with his in-game management?

Comment

Working...
                                X