No announcement yet.

Raptors interested in Afflalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afflalo won't make the Raptors better 3-5 years down the road than Ross, so I'm passing. Whether we're tanking or not this season, I'm still looking long term.

Comment

With the way the team is playing I think MU can sit back and wait for his second consecutive GM of the year award. He doesn't need to rush into any moves since we seemingly are playoff bound. He can evaluate our performance in the playoffs and decide what his next move is afterwards.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        With the way the team is playing I think MU can sit back and wait for his second consecutive GM of the year award. He doesn't need to rush into any moves since we seemingly are playoff bound. He can evaluate our performance in the playoffs and decide what his next move is afterwards.
        Ya he has worked himself into a perfect storm in terms of trade talks. He doesn't have to trade players right now, and that allows him to squeeze suitors a little harder. Also the players value goes up being on winning teams.

Comment

MU is waiting for someone to get really desperate. And the trade will always have value coming back, no more BC garbage here. We will be on the winning end of trades now.

Afflalo, dose anyone know he used to be on the Nuggets, MU unloaded him asap when he got there.

I just cant see MU taking any EX raptor, or nugget back onto our team.(the only guy would be Acy, personally for me)

Now we sit and wait for someone to get stupid for win now, and willing to have their future stolen by the magician.

Comment

delman21 wrote: View Post
            MU is waiting for someone to get really desperate. And the trade will always have value coming back, no more BC garbage here. We will be on the winning end of trades now.

Afflalo, dose anyone know he used to be on the Nuggets, MU unloaded him asap when he got there.

I just cant see MU taking any EX raptor, or nugget back onto our team.(the only guy would be Acy, personally for me)

Now we sit and wait for someone to get stupid for win now, and willing to have their future stolen by the magician.
            uh we do have an ex-nugget on our team.

Comment

I LOVE Ross. Hes my favourite rap .. and if I havent been his biggest supporter over the last two years on this site, then I dont know who has been. I was arguing that he get more PT back in the AA days and have always thought its abundantly clear that he needs to get court time since he is clearly our best shooting wing (and its quite glaring when compared to DD and RG when we had him .. let along LF who can hit the broad side of a barn from outside 4 feet).
              Having said that .. take a look at Aflalo's stats. He has been a stud. 21.4ppg on 48% shooting (44% from 3), on a horrible team where he needs to carry the load. PER of over 19. Plays great D. We would have to think long and hard if this deal was on the table ...

Comment

IMO, I would not do this trade. I think Ross has way too much upside. I have always been high on Ross, given his athleticism and shooting ability this kid can possibly be a very very good player in this league. I think he can be much more than just a 3+D guy, he has all the tools for a well rounded offensive game, and we have already gotten a taste of his defensive capabilities. If he puts in the work, commitment and dedication that Demar does, then he can be a great player in this league. this trade would be very short sighted IMO. MU, please do not trade this kid!!

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                  I LOVE Ross. Hes my favourite rap .. and if I havent been his biggest supporter over the last two years on this site, then I dont know who has been. I was arguing that he get more PT back in the AA days and have always thought its abundantly clear that he needs to get court time since he is clearly our best shooting wing (and its quite glaring when compared to DD and RG when we had him .. let along LF who can hit the broad side of a barn from outside 4 feet).
                  Having said that .. take a look at Aflalo's stats. He has been a stud. 21.4ppg on 48% shooting (44% from 3), on a horrible team where he needs to carry the load. PER of over 19. Plays great D. We would have to think long and hard if this deal was on the table ...
                  Well maybe you had a case for being his biggest fan, but you are considering this trade idea, so that rules you out!
                  I would never in a million years do this trade, despite how effective aflalo has been. Always loved Ross, and he's only just scratching the surface of what he can do. No thanks!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I think no if you are looking at straight Afflalo for Ross.

But, but, but....

What if you are getting back future picks plus immediate and 2014-15 financial flexibility?

Hedo (who is waived immediately), Nicholson, O'Quinn, and 2017 Lakers 1st
                    for
                    Ross, Fields, Novak

then

Afflalo
                    for
                    Hayes

Magic get spare parts and professional vets to round out roster next year as they welcome 2 more (likely lottery) draft picks and a whole bunch of expirings for 2014-15 along with a solid building block in Ross.

Raptors get immediate boast, long term asset in 2017 pick, and $8M more wiped off books for 2014-15.

This, in my opinion, is no longer an easy no - but it is likely a quick no from Orlando.
                    So it's essentially Ross, Fields, Novak and Hayes for Afflalo, Hedo, Nicholson, Quinn and 1st rounder(2017-Lakers) which means that what will remain after this season is Afflalo, the 1st rounder and cap room.

Except for their ages, Ross and Afflalo are equally good so if offered, it's not bad.
                    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I don't understand why it's a "win now" move. As pretty much everyone can see, afflalo and dd play the same style, having them both on the team is redundant. Also, the raptors with Ross are showing they can already "win now". So why mess that up?

Give the kid time to grow. Let the team be. I think we've all already come to the consensus that this team won't win the championship unless we add durant, lebron, etc. adding afflalo won't help us beat the heat any more than Ross would (Ross would probably be better, he's a much better defender). Trading for someone who will help "win now" is such a BC move, especially when the team is already winning now. So relax, the best move right now may be no move at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                        Well maybe you had a case for being his biggest fan, but you are considering this trade idea, so that rules you out!
                        I would never in a million years do this trade, despite how effective aflalo has been. Always loved Ross, and he's only just scratching the surface of what he can do. No thanks!
                        The only point is I can his biggest fan and still be rational as to what is best for the team. If Lebron was on offer for TR and you turned it down, its doesnt make you less of a fan .. it just makes you stupid. Not suggesting AA is lebron, just illustrating the point ...

Comment

No thanks. Ross has more potential and upside, and is the best perimeter defender on the team. I would consider an Afflalo for Demar however.

Demar, Fields, Patterson for Afflalo, Hedo (ball) Turkoglu, Nicholson (Cdn)

Comment

Ross for Afflalo.... HELL NO!!!

Afternoon die hard Raps fans, I was surfing the web and noticed zach lowe of the grantland network proposed a Ross for Afflalo trade between our Raptors and the Orlando Magic. This would be terrible for us, Ross is developing quite nicley (did u see his defense on paul George!!!) and to trade him for Afflalo to steal a game or two from a Miami or Indiana team would be short sided and would totally set us back in terms of the teams future. Also Afflalo is just an older version of Demar with a higher field goal percentage. Cmon if this trade happens ill be devastated Ross has a huge amount of potential and to trade that potential gor some short term success is idiotic. Im praying this is just speculation on Zach Lowe's part. What are your thoughts on this trade Raptors Republic?

Comment

m.abdi.0709 wrote: View Post
                              Afternoon die hard Raps fans, I was surfing the web and noticed zach lowe of the grantland network proposed a Ross for Afflalo trade between our Raptors and the Orlando Magic. This would be terrible for us, Ross is developing quite nicley (did u see his defense on paul George!!!) and to trade him for Afflalo to steal a game or two from a Miami or Indiana team would be short sided and would totally set us back in terms of the teams future. Also Afflalo is just an older version of Demar with a higher field goal percentage. Cmon if this trade happens ill be devastated Ross has a huge amount of potential and to trade that potential gor some short term success is idiotic. Im praying this is just speculation on Zach Lowe's part. What are your thoughts on this trade Raptors Republic?
                              My initial thoughts are that there is already a thread discussing this exact topic. Always a good idea to peruse the list of threads before creating a new one.

Welcome to the Republic. Keep posting, just give the list of topics a once over first. :-)

Comment

I get that he's older but I'm a huge Afflalo fan. He probably still has another good 4 or 5 years ahead of him. I'd do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X