No announcement yet.

The Dog Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't lie I don't even have a dog and I enjoy going through this thread...
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Screw it, I want a Lion:

This guy is AMAZING.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Screw it, I want a Lion:

This guy is AMAZING.
        Watched it earlier today!
        Definitely must have some large cojones to be able to do that.

Comment

xRevise wrote: View Post
          Watched it earlier today!
          Definitely must have some large cojones to be able to do that.
          Man I'd even take a Hyena if they were like the way they are with him all the time. Those things are awesome!!

Comment

I used to have a Wolf.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
              I used to have a Wolf.

Is this real? Or just Craig being Craig-ish? Haha

Comment

lotta adorably pups in here

my wife and i are allergic otherwise i'd love to get a dog
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Great thread. Sigh. I occasionally keep visiting breeder sites but have yet to pull the trigger.

I have a bit of a problem. My last pooch Cocoa, a chocolate lab. passed on a bit over a year ago and I haven't quite gotten over her. She was just 7 and this was a sudden thing and if you know Labs they like Goldens (my previous one) are lovable and the most obedient pets one can have. I live on some acreage in the country so she was able to roam and smelled a thousand smells each day.

Anyhow...I still struggle emotionally with Cocoa's loss (thought I'd be over it by now...the family has!) and dont really feel like I want to have the inevitable deja vu experience.

Do excuse the downer post!

Comment

Sorry for your loss Bendit.
                    Completely understand what you are going through. Its tough.

They aren't lying when they call them 'Mans Best Friend'.
                    It's almost quite odd and amazing the relationships we are able to build with these animals.

They don't ever speak a word. They'll never know our names. And yet, they are often times just as loved as an actual child would be in the family.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Is this real? Or just Craig being Craig-ish? Haha
                      Real, had two actually.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                        Great thread. Sigh. I occasionally keep visiting breeder sites but have yet to pull the trigger.

I have a bit of a problem. My last pooch Cocoa, a chocolate lab. passed on a bit over a year ago and I haven't quite gotten over her. She was just 7 and this was a sudden thing and if you know Labs they like Goldens (my previous one) are lovable and the most obedient pets one can have. I live on some acreage in the country so she was able to roam and smelled a thousand smells each day.

Anyhow...I still struggle emotionally with Cocoa's loss (thought I'd be over it by now...the family has!) and dont really feel like I want to have the inevitable deja vu experience.

Do excuse the downer post!
                        Ahhh sorry buddy. I have been there a few times too...its hard, they are family.

Comment

A few pictures I've received from the breeder of my puppy Bruno:

Get him in about 2 weeks... Can't wait!!

Comment

Congratulations Joey...looking cute.

I am getting one too...mid April....shall put up the pics when I get some.

In the meantime enjoy this ....

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              Congratulations Joey...looking cute.

I am getting one too...mid April....shall put up the pics when I get some.
                              Congrats man! Its definitely a life-changer.
                              What kind are you getting?

Hey any dog owners here have an opinion on Dog Food?
                              My guy eats Nutro Ultra, which is suppsoed to be up there with Blue Buffalo and all those 'gourmet' ones.. but I've also read some things about how Nutro isn't all that reliable/trustworthy ... seemed weird.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                                Congrats man! Its definitely a life-changer.
                                What kind are you getting?

Hey any dog owners here have an opinion on Dog Food?
                                My guy eats Nutro Ultra, which is suppsoed to be up there with Blue Buffalo and all those 'gourmet' ones.. but I've also read some things about how Nutro isn't all that reliable/trustworthy ... seemed weird.
                                Yes I am looking forward. It's a choc. lab female....in a couple of weeks. I am partial to these Yours looks like a Golden? I had one of them too....great pet.

I am not sure what I am going to use food wise just yet. The Breeder is using Royal Canin Maxi Puppy and I am unsure about it. To be honest I did not pay much attention previously (my bad). It's important to feed them well (fish or meat/less filler/grain) during their growth period. Reading some of the forums out there I found Blue Buffalo not getting too many thumbs up. Too rich apparently. Also there seems to be some "snobbery" too where the rich/high protein/no grain & corn products are being pushed. Percentage of meat content is important. As usual the food producers push their products thru the breeders and pet stores so we must be prudent I suppose. Purina have high end products as well (not sold in grocery stores) but I havent really investigated these.

Here is a link that does analysis on product content: http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X