Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would make you happy at the end of the season ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Akkerman wrote: View Post
    What about losing in the first round? Everyone's acting like the 2nd round of the playoffs is a given and it's far from that.
    Good point ... I assumed with the all injuries and the fact that half the teams are tanking, we can make the 2nd round but you are right, that could be one option.

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
      how are there not more votes for East finals? would people really rather be eliminated in the second round rather than the eastern conference finals? lol
      LOL, I did not think we have a real chance against Indiana and most likely Miami if we don't make any more moves. But you are right, that could be one option as well.

Comment

Keep the votes coming

Comment

I think people hit the nail on the head. If we get to the 2nd round, of course Id be happy. Question is, will we actually get there if we set out with that as our goal.
          Same question for a top 5 pick. Id also be happy if we got that.
          So, perhaps the question is, which of the two goals is most likely to end up in us finshing 9th-10th in the east, not making the playoffs and having a shitty draft pick. Thats certainly the option that i do not want.

Comment

Keeping our starting 5 together and seeing if we can add to the team by trading some of our players who are stuck on the bench. See if we can get something for Novak, Fields, Hayes or Stone. I know it is almost impossible but you never know with Masai he seems to be a miracle worker! Remember he traded Barg's and Gay!!! WoW never really thought that would get done and come back with workable pieces. I would like to extend Lowry's CONTRACT THAT IS IF IT IS GOING TO BE RFEASONABLE. Right now we have a very good starting lineup. Lets keep it that way!!

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
              how are there not more votes for East finals? would people really rather be eliminated in the second round rather than the eastern conference finals? lol
              I'm not sold that trading for talent would get us past the 2nd round. Right now it's team first chemistry, attention to detail and hustle that's winning us games. Guys doing their jobs with pride, whatever their asked to do, and getting results.

I'd hate to stir up the team right now only to get stuffed in the first round.

But theoretically speaking, yeah...if a trade guaranteed the eastern finals? I'm in.

Comment

badbob wrote: View Post
                Keeping our starting 5 together and seeing if we can add to the team by trading some of our players who are stuck on the bench. See if we can get something for Novak, Fields, Hayes or Stone. I know it is almost impossible but you never know with Masai he seems to be a miracle worker! Remember he traded Barg's and Gay!!! WoW never really thought that would get done and come back with workable pieces. I would like to extend Lowry's CONTRACT THAT IS IF IT IS GOING TO BE RFEASONABLE. Right now we have a very good starting lineup. Lets keep it that way!!
                Lowry wants to play on a contender, and clearly likes Toronto and the Raps organization. If Masai shows that he's gearing toward a long-term play-off team with legitimate title aspirations, I think Lowry would settle for less to stay in Toronto. He strikes me as that kind of guy.

His agent may think otherwise......

Comment

As to the 3 choices that prompted this thread;

When playoffs are on, I'd prefer option 3. Playoff ball is exciting, and the deeper we go the better.

However, after the finals are over, and the dust is settled, I'd prefer option 2. I think we have a good base to build a contender on, and the players we have now (Ross, Patterson etc) need some stability to bring their games to an elite level.

Option 2 is better for the long run, and that's why I voted for it.

However, there should be an option 4, that is, the current squad goes to the eastern finals and loses out to Miami in 7. (assuming we wouldn't meet Miami in the 2nd, I don't know)

Comment

I wonder how opinions may change if we win the next two games against Miami and Indiana? My opinion of the current roster is they are like a bizarro Denver Nuggets from last year. We are winning without a star, and with team play, but unlike Denver which won with offense, it's with defense which is much more reliable come playoffs.

Can't wait until Charles Barkley starts talking about the Toronto Raptors as the team that nobody in the East wants to see in the playoffs (so I'm in a good mood this morning, sue me).

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                      I think people hit the nail on the head. If we get to the 2nd round, of course Id be happy. Question is, will we actually get there if we set out with that as our goal.
                      Same question for a top 5 pick. Id also be happy if we got that.
                      So, perhaps the question is, which of the two goals is most likely to end up in us finshing 9th-10th in the east, not making the playoffs and having a shitty draft pick. Thats certainly the option that i do not want.
                      You really can not answer either of those question. At this point, you can only set your goals and then see if you achieve it. By doing so, then you can statistically, what is the most likely outcome. I think the choices presented here are the more realistic once given the state of the east and the other teams and how this team is performing.

That being said, I don't think there is much difference in choice 2 if we make the play off and get out in the first round vs second round in this year ... We know our ceiling with the current team is maximum 2 round ... In either case, we will be left with a mid to late first round draft pick.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
                        However, there should be an option 4, that is, the current squad goes to the eastern finals and loses out to Miami in 7. (assuming we wouldn't meet Miami in the 2nd, I don't know)
                        That is true but it is HIGHLY unlikely that the current squad can beat HEAT ( assuming Raptors finish 3rd or 4th) in 7 game series and get to NBA finals or even beat Indiana and get to NBA finals.

They need help and if they get that help, then anything is possible.

Comment

Conference finals.

Comment

Were not getting a top 5 draft pick. I've accepted this, passed in my Team tWo club member card.

2nd round playoffs(our realistic ceiling), Lowry & 2Pac resigned for good deals- and a good mid first round pick.

Comment

As long as we don't sacrifice any future assets or future flexibility I'd be happy if we win match or exceed previous records for regular season or post season wins. That means I want 45+ regular season wins and or 6 wins in the playoffs. That would tie our previous record for playoff wins in a single season. The Raps that won 3 games against Philly only needed to win 3 to knock off the Knicks in the first round as it was a best of 5 at that time. Taking either the Heat or the Pacers to the seven games would be magical.
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                              X