No announcement yet.

Battle of the Atlantic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nets are 8-7 since late January. Yeah, they had a hot run in early-mid January, but they've been pretty average since then. And during that stretch, their only win over a +.500 team was when the spurs were missing Parker, Duncan, Ginobili, and Leonard.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
      Nets are 8-7 since late January. Yeah, they had a hot run in early-mid January, but they've been pretty average since then. And during that stretch, their only win over a +.500 team was when the spurs were missing Parker, Duncan, Ginobili, and Leonard.
      not sure how cherry picking dates helps any cases here.
      i could say since mid-january nets are 12-7.

and during that stretch, we've lost to bottom feeders boston, sac and lakers. doesn't really prove anything either.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

and during that stretch, we've lost to bottom feeders boston, sac and lakers. doesn't really prove anything either.
        Miami has lost to Knicks, Nets, Jazz, Sac, Boston and Sixers.....
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
          Miami has lost to Knicks, Nets, Jazz, Sac, Boston and Sixers.....
          so?

Comment

so?
            Anybody can beat anybody on any given night.

I'm not saying that the Raptors are anywhere near the Heat or Pacers and that we could beat them in a 7 game series, but could the Raptors beat the Kings, Celtics or Lakers in a 7 game series? Probably.

My point is that come playoffs it does not matter who won the 1 or 2 games the teams played against one another in the regular season, the better team will win the 7 game series.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Well all I can say is that you have a somewhat puzzling definition of surging. And I have no idea what part of my post you think you're addressing by talking about our bad losses; I wouldn't call us 'surging' either. Toronto and Brooklyn are both performing at a similar rate over the last couple months, one or the other might have gained a game or two on the other depending on what sample size you look at.

Comment

• Chicago playing pretty poorly against Brooklyn right now down eight at half time.

Chicago had three turnovers the entire game against the Knicks, but four turnovers in the first four minutes against Brooklyn.

Comment

• unrelated to the atlantic but at least it looks like washington is gonna lose tonight

Comment

• Nets now up by 17 over the Bulls after 3. Bulls up to 20 TO's .
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I take the nets tonight. Correct me if I am wrong but if we stay ahead of the buls (and wiz etc) the worst we would be (assuming the nets caught us) would be 4th. That's an open field. I say stay ahead of the team right behind us. And the wiz lost. And one other thing. The Knicks. Too funny.

Comment

unrelated to the atlantic but at least it looks like washington is gonna lose tonight
                        It counts. I think they started the night only 2 back for the three seed. We've got some tough "under .500" teams coming up.

Comment

• against the knicks, drummond has 26 rebounds and is shooting 5 of 7 from the line! hilarious.

Comment

• LeBron James. 61 pts. I dont even like the guy, but wow.
                            "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                            - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

• KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
                              LeBron James. 61 pts. I dont even like the guy, but wow.
                              sick

Comment

• KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
                                LeBron James. 61 pts. I dont even like the guy, but wow.
                                On 67% shooting. I have to go watch that game now.
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X