Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
          How young? 6...7?
          Hahaha good one. You got me there

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
            really?

Can you beat Sherm?

Lots a kids here tapatapatapaaaa talk a good game.
            I can beat him both in basketball and talking about basketball. The man talks circles - just like he dribbles - but he doesn't get anywhere. Super nice guy, definitely one of the good guys, but he has about six posters of me dunking on him when he was at VCU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Come on now.

Comment

Pffffft! Maaaaan If any of us could play ball we wouldn't be on this lame as forum wasting our time hahaha
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                  Leo is bad.

Jack is great. Entertaining and insightful. A little old-school in his opinion on how the game should be played at times, but he's an old-school type of guy and I have no problem with that.

Jones and Hamilton are ok. Eric Smith is good. Doug Smith is little more than a fact-relayer at best, and an irritable, pompous old man the majority of the time. Grange is pretty sharp.

We've got some good media personalities overall in Raptor-land.
                  Yeah, except when he starts singing "happy holidays" drives me baddy. Also, both him and Matt talk too much non basketball shit during plays.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, except when he starts singing "happy holidays" drives me baddy. Also, both him and Matt talk too much non basketball shit during plays.
                    I've always thought that to be because of the horrible on court basketball product they were contractually obligated to sit through while talking.

Maybe with a decent product they stay more on task.

Also I really miss jack's Hellllloooooooooooo!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      Leo. How I loathe Leo.

Everything he talks it sounds like he's interviewing for a coaching job somewhere. No wonder the Canadian team quit on him. He's awful.
                      OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      Leo sounds so bitter that he isn't the coach of the Raptors and always makes references to him being a coach..."[/I]
                      psrs1 wrote: View Post
                      Leo is such a kiss ass it's sickening. But the powers that be like it hence he keeps his job.
                      I agree with all of the above.

Also Sherman Hamilton played on Canadians National team and in the Euroleague. Unless someone has similar credentials they probably shouldn't be talking smack.

I agree that with the OP that it was a bone head move and they should have known the the Knicks pick was traded. That said, I prefer both of them to Leo. I pretty sure I'd be a better coach and/or commentator than Leo, mostly because he's excessively vain. I'm pretty sure he smells his own farts. That said, he probably would STILL destroy me on the court even though he's got 20+ years on me.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Why does it even matter how good they are on the court, that's not the job they're getting paid for now. I think that thought process is why Magic Johnson keeps getting TV jobs.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                          Why does it even matter how good they are on the court, that's not the job they're getting paid for now. I think that thought process is why Magic Johnson keeps getting TV jobs.
                          Yeah, he isn't very good in front of the camera, nor have I found him to be very insightful.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, he isn't very good in front of the camera, nor have I found him to be very insightful.
                            But he IS a very nice guy, very approachable and down to earth and he's a baller. I was trolling Craig earlier cause I don't like generalizations but the man has still got it after all this time.

A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                              Mostly because a good portion of people that post on sports forums live in a fantasy world. As time passes, they spend so much time watching the sport they have learned, from an inexperienced and incomplete foundation, that they begin to build entire identities and opinions base doff of zero efficacy. Then you get a situation where people don't know just how big the margin of knowledge and understanding is between them, and a person who has made that specific sport their profession, and have at times been at it at a professional level for many years.

Are these guys the last word on everything, hell no, look what happened here with Sherm and Jones, they made a comment without thinking about the facts.... (big whoop really) so its clear they can screw up. Does that give jackals on a message board grounds to start making claims that these guys are "fools"? don't even try man, on no plane of existence would it EVER.

The actual Basketball playing part is just fun, because really, ezz-bee is bang on, Sherm played at the National level, and professionally, so although there may be guys here that could play with him ( I know I did at one point in a few pick up games at Brock U, the newton boys, Guarasci and Smrek too....awesome games) I would argue that guys that make ridiculous claims and comments are maybe the guys I put on the "not likely" list. I don't count anyone out though, as how could we know right, there may well be NBA guys here for all i know. I just doubt they'd make disparaging remarks about the analysts, it makes no sense to really.

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                                But he IS a very nice guy, very approachable and down to earth and he's a baller. I was trolling Craig earlier cause I don't like generalizations but the man has still got it after all this time.

hahaha dickwerm!

Comment

Working...
                                X